My BIG Shadow, Meniere's Disease!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pressley, Mar 12, 2018.

1. pressley

pressley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 30 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      HI there, I am 42 active at the gym, full time employed mother of 4 and wife. My hobby is riding motorcycles, my fave sport is to race dirt bikes. But those days may be over with this GIANT shadow now looming over my future.

I just started having Tinnitus in on dec 30 of last year 2017 and in the last 3 months my hearing has decreased , and pressure affecting only one ear .I have lurking on a few forums about Meniere's disease since the doctor said he feels pretty sure this is the cause of my symptoms. The doctor has told me DO NOT ride moto on street. I havent told him about the dirt bikes yet.

Also I have to call and tell him about this new little disastser.......in the last 2 days I have had 2 episodes of VERY SUDDEN vertigo with nausea, GI upset and light sensitivity with in 24 hours. It was paralyzing for about 30 mins and and completely over within 4 hours.

my question to any of you readers is ..... is that what can be expected? Does the vertigo episodes always come on this strong and so sudden? this seems dangerous. how does one drive or car e for small children , or ride a bicycle with the threat of this happening at any time?

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      @glynis can tell you a lot about Ménière's.

• Creative Creative x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Besides Ménière's, vertigo can be caused by sudden BPPV and if so the half sommersault exercise can take care of it. I had an attack of BPPV a few years ago that caused violent vomitting & dizziness. After 2 exercises, it is gone and never came back yet. My wife had an episode too and she got well too after a few times of the exercise. Next time you have vertigo, try the exercise to see if it will help. Take care. God bless.

New BPPV Treatment - Half Somersault Canalith...

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @pressley ,
      If you have been told you might have menieres you have to notify the DVLA and not allowed to drive .
      Vertigo and drop attacks and the rest of the symptoms can come on fast and if you have children learn them how to use your phone to get you help if you were taken bad.
      When you are on medication and vertigo free for 12 months you can apply to get your driving licence back and doctor and ENT proof you are fit to drive.
      Love glynis x