My Doctor Told Me My Tinnitus Was in My Head — People Think I'm Crazy to Want to Cure My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jessica 123, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Jessica 123

Jessica 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have had tinnitus for several months now.

I thought I was going crazy. My doctor told me it was all in my head and there's no cure but I found Neuromod in Dublin. People think I am crazy to pay to cure my tinnitus. Neuromod have done trials on 517 people and are now rolling it out in Dublin and UK. My first appointment is next week. Search for Neuromod. There's no price on silence.

• Like Like x 3
    2. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      Sorry to hear other people think you're crazy for wanting to try out this device, many simply don't (want to) understand how debilitating tinnitus can be. I'll be making an appointment for Lenire as soon as it's available in Germany. Wishing you all the best and crossing my fingers that the device will work for you!

• Like Like x 1
    3. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Hi @Jessica 123, mine is next week too... What day? Where are you from?

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I wonder how many of these people have T. It's always easy to judge when you aren't affected.

On the other hand, I don't blame them for not understanding, because you really have to experience it to understand how distressing it can be.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Lurius
      Sad

Lurius Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valsalva maneuver
      @Candy It's next week?! You so lucky! Good luck!

6. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Thank you @Lurius but honestly I’ve had zero luck over the past few weeks. My tinnitus is a bit of a disaster at the moment... so a couple of months ago I would have been over the moon... now I’m not so confident.

But yes I do have an appointment and need to start focusing on it...

7. Lurius
      Sad

Lurius Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valsalva maneuver
      @Candy I have steadfast faith in Lenire. I know they tell you to manage expectations, but my tinnitus is not that loud to begin with (it hovers between a 2 and a 6, most of the time it's a 4) so even if the device doesn't remove the tinnitus completely, I'm confident it's going to reduce it to such a low level that my brain can filter it out on its own. I believe in this and I wish the best for you and everyone else who is going to try it.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. MattS
      Balanced

MattS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Power Tools
      Gotta love blind optimism. :)