My Ear Canals

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Amelia, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      So, had my fitting for custom plugs today and apparently I have the smallest ear canals in an adult she has ever seen! haha

• Like Like x 1
    2. Micky
      Dancing

Micky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10 / 2000
      If thats the case then... You should demand a discount. :p

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I should have! Discount for kiddie size? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    4. applewine
      Curious

applewine Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ME/CFS, Dysautonomia
      I have custom earplugs too, but not very strong. They are only -15 db I think, musician kind. Probably good for movie theater. I can get a -25 filter for it too, but it is expensive. If I go somewhere loud I wear the disposable -33 db plugs.

5. frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I challenge your reign as queen of the smallest ear canals! dude told me my impressions were so small they could cause problems in the earplug factory. I will know in a few days. Anyway, having small ear canals doesn't have a clinical significance.

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I supposively have tiny ear canals too... Cant find a ear plug for my life to plug it up right!

7. frohike
      Approved

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Got my Elacin ER Flexcomfort-whatever earplugs and they attenuate too little. They are very soft and comfortable but it's almost like having nothing on. They told me a reduction of 25db would be too much so I aimed for 15db. When I plug these cheap Howard Leight MAX-1 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0033YLEGO/?tag=tinntalk-20 ) the sound really goes down and I can hear my inner joints moving. This could be due to my ear canals being short, or the procedure, or the work in the factory, or 15db being too little.

8. frohike
      Approved

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      After a few days it seems the earplugs do their job. Traveling in the subway is no longer so annoying. Some London stations really are very very loud. The earplugs attenuate some frequencies and let the rest go through. They are very comfortable.