My Ear Ringing Is Never a Single Tone...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tara Lyons, May 13, 2020.

1. KWC

KWC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection/TMJ ??
      @just1morething just saw your post. I did not get an alert.

As far as TMJ goes, not much jaw/ear pain these days. Tinnitus is still blaring in my right ear only. I kinda gave up on doctors. Have been testing different hearing aids/maskers to see if I can do some sort of TRT or something like that. I found out Phonak has a masker up to 9,600 Hz and Signia can go to 12,000 Hz. Maybe one day will get used to it. Until then just take it day by day.

Still tapering meds. On last week of Lunesta, then I am done and then will go back to tapering Klonopin. My refill was for TEVA brand and it is a tough brand of the drug on me. Also, I do not think it helps me coping with tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I hope you can find some relief. Noise can really be difficult. I woke up with high pitched noise in my left ear today. I took Gabapentin plus 2 nasal decongestant pills (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride) and seemed quite well until I fell asleep again. I got a new Tempur-Pedic bed delivered today and napped a bit and woke up to left ear noise like usual. Noise makes me so tired.

What symptoms might a patient with a TMD have?
      The following are the most common symptoms of TMD:
      • Jaw discomfort or soreness (often most common in the morning or late afternoon)
      • Headaches.
      • Pain spreading behind the eyes, in the face, shoulder, neck, or back.
      • Earaches or ringing in the ears (not caused by an infection of the inner ear canal)

3. KWC

KWC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection/TMJ ??
      Any updates? Are you trying white noise or anything?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tara Lyons

Tara Lyons Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No, just completely miserable and wanting to get out of this living hell. Going on vacation in August so I really want this to be gone by then. I’m flying so I’m nervous, and I’ll be out of the country. I wasn’t going to travel but then I was like I can’t let this hold me back...

How are you?

• Genius Genius x 1
    5. Diesel

Diesel Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20+ Years of Live Music, Motorcycles, and Power Tools
      I travelled to Europe for a month, 5 months into some shitty tinnitus and hyperacusis. Pack easily accessible ear plugs for the plane. Musician plugs are enough. Pack comfortable foam plugs if things get too loud. I like Mack’s plugs.

• Like Like x 1
    6. KWC

KWC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection/TMJ ??
      Still the same; trying to make it through each day. Been trying a hearing aid/white noise generator.

7. bmxer883

bmxer883 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have a question for people who get different tones.

I can only notice them sometimes while I wear earplugs. Other than that I don’t notice it.

So my ringing has actually gotten way better. I hope it’s going to completely go away, but today my ears have felt a bit different, more full and slightly louder ringing than day before.

At one point today I got very scared because my ear just started to scream high ringing, it slowly got louder, then jumped right back to the baseline sound.

This all happened within 30 seconds. I have never had that happen before. Is this normal?

8. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. bmxer883

bmxer883 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you. I was very worried last night as it was the first that happen that loud in 6 months. I’m always scared some day it’s going to change and stay loud but I try not to think about it and be in fear...

Today I woke with the lowest tone I’ve had so far. It’s almost completely gone. A very low ring I can hear if I am in a quiet place. I really hope I’m on road to recovery. I feel sad for others who get no relief. Even if this is just temporary, I’m going to enjoy every second and not take it for granted.

10. KWC

KWC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection/TMJ ??
      I hope you are finding some relief. I hope you are improving.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tara Lyons

Tara Lyons Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do you mind telling me how you did the self Accupuncture?

12. Chris Batts

Chris Batts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud music.
      Hi @Tara Lyons, just wondering if you ever got acclimated to your tinnitus?

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1