My Ear Started Ringing After I Slapped It (I Thought There Was a Mosquito Near My Ear)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cultclassic, May 18, 2021.

1. cultclassic

cultclassic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to the ear
      I felt what I thought was a mosquito near my left ear, and slapped it without thinking.

Now my ear is ringing. It was not a very hard hit, a typical one you would use swat a mosquito.

It's been an hour or so, it's still ringing. Should I wait to see if it goes away in a few days?

2. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Wow an hour ago your tinnitus started and you're already here :D I think the ringing is more than likely temporary.

If it's still there in the morning, go to urgent care and ask for Prednisone. That can help prevent it becoming permanent. You don't want permanent tinnitus. Will you promise to come back here and update if it goes away? I hope it does!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cultclassic

cultclassic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to the ear
      It went away! Thanks for the Prednisone suggestion, I bookmarked it in case I slap myself in the future! :D

Love your avatar, BTW. I miss Randi.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Brian Newman

Brian Newman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting/loud noise
      A mosquito kept flying in my ear and I smacked my ears like 5 times. My tinnitus is fucking terrible now lol. Those damn mosquitoes.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. hopes

hopes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Are you sure there was a mosquito? Because my tinnitus started like this: I was sure there was a mosquito roaming badly one night but I realized it was tinnitus after.

6. Mike O
      Cheeky

Mike O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      While tinnitus can be caused by many things, I bet this is vascular related. Just saying.

7. scotty03874

scotty03874 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to the ear / Leading to more issues after ear surgery
      My tinnitus started after a small slap to my ear. That was on 4-7-2019. I still have tinnitus.

Go to an ENT tomorrow if the ringing is still there.