My Letter to Santa

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishbone, Dec 24, 2017.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hey Santa,

it's me fishbone, I hope you remember me. I was one of your Elfs and since I learned so much from you, I decided to take my lessons and deliver my own gifts to the rest of the world. Santa I still have some wishes that ,hopefully you can deliver by Christmas.

First of all Santa, my wish is for tinnitus to fade or go away for some of the folks that suffer from tinnitus. Not everyone is the same and all our situations are different. Eventhough I been at this for 30 years, I still believe that some could have their tinnitus fade or become less intense.

Second, Santa please help us appreciate Christmas. Some of us including myself are not always festive at this time of the year. I lost my parents and have no real family left. Others are suffering from tinnitus ranging from low to loud levels. Sometimes we just don't feel like celebrating. I know that you taught me to always be grateful Santa and never take anything for granted.

My wish is for you to put a smile on everyone's faces, in this forum and in the world. We live a difficult life and just a smile can make someone possibly forget about their sorrows, for maybe one day and just be happy.

Comfort those that are suffering and hurting from tinnitus and give them hope and make them strong. Christmas is a special day and everyone should feel the love and joy that it represents.

This post might sound, like a kid talking....But the fact is that I am and possibly all of us are kids at heart and that is a special thing. Always believe that a brighter day and hope does exist and we can cope and live our lives.

I wish all the folks on this site a merry Christmas and a new year full of strength and love :)

Never give up friends, we can make it and we shall always support eachother on this site and in our hearts :)

• Like x 9
      • Friendly x 4
      • Agree x 2
      • Hug x 2
      • Genius x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    2. Joel Waterman

Joel Waterman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones/speakers and/or water damage
      Well said, and I couldn't agree more. :)

• Like Like x 3
    3. reeax

reeax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      muscular neck issues
      Thanks buddy!

• Like Like x 4
    4. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      Good one there safe and enjoyable holidays to you and all on here

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      If only I could catch a break with what hopefully is just a spike, I might start believing in Santa again!

• Creative Creative x 1
    6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Merry Christmas to you @fishbone. We are grateful Santa has sent us a great Elf here to help out so many here still suffering deeply. I don't know about others, but your post already put a big smile on my face. Thanks buddy. You have a very Merry Christmas.

• Like Like x 4
    7. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Merry Christmas to you @fishbone and thanks for writing such a great and inspirational post.
      Take care and wishing you all the best :)

• Like Like x 1
    8. dorje
      Transparent

dorje Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, might be ENT
      Hey guys,
      Although I'm new to tinnitus and in my case it's not extremely severe, I know how much suffering it can bring so from the bottom of my heart I wish you it will disappear completely or at least diminish to the level, where it's not that bothering any more. Much love!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Merry Christmas to all :)

• Like Like x 1
    10. Jenni8619
      Inspired

Jenni8619 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Merry Christmas! And thank you for this post :) @fishbone This was my first Christmas with loud T & H. And I’ll be honest, I struggled ... cried. I wanted to engage with my family but because of my T & H, it was difficult. Then my anxiety kicked in. Even tho my family doesn’t truly understand my struggles, I am so grateful for them because they try. I’ve been struggling for a few weeks now with increased noise and sensitive H, probably my biggest set back since February. Days like yesterday I had no hope, but this morning I woke up feeling a bit better...

Merry Christmas TT

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      Merry Christmas, @fishbone. Your unrelenting positivity makes me hope in spite of my self. I don't always agree with you but I respect you for your steadfastness.

• Like Like x 2
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      All of us struggle, it's a daily thing for those with tinnitus. I went out lastnight to a Christmas eve dinner party with my friends. We were laughing and making jokes and it was wonderful. There wasn't any music playing, just folks laughing and loving eachother. As usual, I wake up with a nice "louder" spike. The spike is not so fun to have on christmas day, but that's life for us tinnitus folks. I still have another party to go to today and my spike could get worst, that's ok with me. I will live my life and not let tinnitus ruin it :)

Take care, be strong and know that we are all in this together :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      Merry Christmas and enjoy the day

• Like Like x 1