My Tinnitus Is OK Now After Dexamethasone

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Renka, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Renka

Renka Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      perindopril
      Ok people, just to share some info after I have done a titanic work to cope with tinnitus.

My tinnitus started on March 18 after 10 half pills of Perindopril. It was 100% drug induced after taking ototoxic drugs. It was pretty bad, so bad that I could hear it on the noisy street. I was at doctors office 72 hours after onset but he just told me to go home and wait, because my tinnitus did not register on an audiogram.

After a week of torture I checked into a hospital through an emergency. I was lucky and a young doctor ordered a high frequency audiogram where a hearing loss was registered around 14 kHz.

The default treatment started which over here is intravenous injection of dexamethasone for 7 days.

The tinnitus came significantly down but after stopping dexamethasone about 50% of it came back immediately.

It was still unbearable.

I asked my doctor for injections into ear but it is not practiced at all here.

I found a doctor who agreed to insert a ventilation tube (I must agree it is much more effective way than transtympanic injections) and I was able to administer dexamethasone through a tube myself for two-three weeks.

The tinnitus came down almost to zero in one ear, not so much in another.

So the third step what I did was order a microwick from the US and ask my doctor to insert a microwick and administer dexamethasone through it. Results were very good.

I did only one ear so far and tinnitus is almost gone now.

I still have tinnitus in another ear and I am planning to do Microwick once more for the other ear.

All in all the reduction in tinnitus is about 90%.

I hope after the last microwick it will be almost gone.

It took me about 6 months to fuck with the tinnitus.

The only technique that worked for me was microwick, as the problem is how to get medication into the inner ear. It is a technical problem and I can't see anything better than a wick.

I hope my post can be of help to someone with a drug induced tinnitus.

A word of caution dexamethasone can have some bad side effects - in my case it was pulmonary embolism.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Renka

Renka Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      perindopril
      Ok, just wanted to drop by and say that my tinnitus is gone now after 1,5 years of fighting. Looks like I managed to cure it. There is still slight hiss which might be some 7% higher than natural tinnitus but it is enjoyable. They key was topical application of dexamethasone to the inner ear through a Silverstein micro-wick. And on top of that vibration and sound by an electric toothbrush stem pressed to the skull. This is my know how and a gift to you. The toothbrush helps dex to penetrate the round window membrane. Enjoy! A simple but effective cure!

• Winner Winner x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      Hi @Renka -- Remarkable testimonial--thanks for sharing. And congratulations on your almost total recovery!

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Renka

Renka Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      perindopril
      And a last update. As a last experiment I mixed c60 with dexamethasone and applied through micro wick. What was last of tinnitus came significantly down. Or maybe it was my placebo imagination hard to say because T is already low.

• Like Like x 1
    5. JohnAdams
      Starving

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      it started.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      THIS!

But the BTA website says dexamethasone doesn't do anything.

I'm serious folks, this stuff could have saved many of us from hell if given early on.