Natural Antibiotic Alternatives for UTI?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Elle35, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Elle35

Elle35 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Induced
      Hi everyone.

I have tinnitus from playing in a band and likely aggravated by antibiotic use in the past. I currently have a UTI I’m struggling to kick caused by enterococcus faecalis. I’ve taken Keflex (no spike), Cefdinir (no spike) and Doxycycline (also no real spike). However, I’m still experiencing burning.

I’ve considered Uva Ursi tea (Hydroquinone) and wanted to see if anyone has used it without issues?

Any other alternatives or experience with this stubborn bacteria?

Thanks!

2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Enterococcus is a nasty one.

I've attached an excerpt from Stephen Buhner's book on herbal antibiotics. Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20200720-181553_Amazon Kindle.jpg
      Screenshot_20200720-181558_Amazon Kindle.jpg

I had to stop Uva Ursi as it seemed to exacerbate my tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. T-talker

T-talker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoic
      I had some luck with d-mannose for prevention, and a product from the guys at uribiotic. It's real expensive though, and I wonder if it can be party reverse engineered. I might try that next time. It's a quality product, for sure. Diet change is decent too. I'm going to make a thread now on my prostate infection experience which is fairly similar.

• Like Like x 1
    4. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Definitely D-Mannose. It's the concentrated component from Cranberry's that helps remove the infection. Basically it's something the infection can latch on to that you can pee out. Does kill it, it just grabs it and whisks it away. Should notice a difference in 1-2 days. Works on pets, too.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Jebbis
      Dancing

Jebbis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, I suspect stress/smoking/tmj/neck issues
      I at one point had chronic UTIs--long before tinnitus. It was a terribly painful and fearful condition. I had 6 infections in 6 months, which was about an infection per month. Ended up taking a month long cycle of antibiotics. Probably messed me up a bit but I'm so glad to be able to urinate healthily.

6. lcj

lcj Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      medication
      Adding a cup of hydrogen peroxide to my laundry when I washed my underwear helped me get rid of chronic UTI. You can try it, in any case it won’t cause any harm (and is a color booster).

I also recommend Monolaurin (the supplement) as a natural anti-viral and antibiotic. I use the Lauricidin brand.

7. Jebbis
      Dancing

Jebbis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, I suspect stress/smoking/tmj/neck issues
      Just a note of caution: if you start to experience lower back pain during a UTI, please see a doctor. This may be a sign that the infection has reached your kidneys and at this point an antibiotic will be necessary.