Nervous Breakdown

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mikeywill860, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Mikeywill860

Mikeywill860 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2015
      I feel stupid and weak but i am breaking down and very desperate.been doing my best to relax and stay positive but im beaing destroyed inside out and breaking down. Think im going to er. Can anyone recommend anything to request from hospital?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I can't recommend what they can give you but I'm sorry you're suffering. I would imagine they can give you a sedative to help with your panic. If you are feeling this way, I would think the ER would be the best place to go.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Sorry to hear of your situation Mikey. I have had tinnitus for many years. We all experience it differently so I don't know what you're feeling, but you are relatively new to the condition. The best advice is what Natalie has told you. See your Dr. You may be advised to take an anti-depressant. If I were in your position, I'd take it. Believe me I've been where you are and AD can help a person not to become too down with the tinnitus. Tinntius causes stress, and stress makes tinnitus worse.

You will improve with time. Try and avoid quiet rooms especially at night, as the brain will focus on the tinnitus more. Using a sound machine for sound enrichment helps many people and they are not expensive. Placed by the bedside and set to play throughout the night until morning. Set the level just below your tinnitus. I advise you not to listen to music through headphones even at low volume.

I wish you well
      Michael

• Like Like x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Mikey,
      Sorry to hear your having a hard time.
      The Samaritans are great to talk to and MIND and the Mental health crisis team.
      If you ever get in a break down situation AnE is a safe place to go.
      I'm always happy talk with you on the phone if in the UK .

We are all here for you and totally understand what a. Mental torture tinnitus can be and the unwanted emotions can soon have you in a dark fragile state,but their is help I promise you.....lots of love glynis