New and Scared

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jelena, Jun 1, 2015.

1. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Jelena, hope you get over this. Remember if you do how awful this is. Educate people let the word out.
      Good luck.

2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Hi Jelena,
      PITA indeed!:( I'm still searching for a consistent solution, but that is very difficult. I have neck issues too and am trying physical therapy and some meds to help. Being in front of a computer I'm sure contributes to bad posture and neck problems.

3. Bryan101
      Depressed

Bryan101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I really, really hope this goes away or at least get quieter.
      I've held a gun to my head twice. If it wasn't for my daughter...

• Hug Hug x 2
    4. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @Bryan101 Hang in there bro its the toughest battle you'll ever fight but it will get better just let time heal your reaction to your T. I still have my really bad days but I now have good days too and you will also ...continue to be strong for your little one.
      God Bless

Carlos

5. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi jelena, I've had it for 8 days now I'm in the same situation as u , just try not to think about it to much and keep on checking if it's there or not , I've learned that from reading many expeiriences here , I'm on medications now and steroids , I'll keep u updated with me:).

Instagram: Majeed.ak

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jelena
      Dreaming

Jelena Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/unknown
      Be strong! We are all fighting the same battle and this is something that we have to deal with. Everybody deals with something in their life and this is our battle. I understand that it is awful, but you have to be strong, for yourself and your daughter. Stay strong! I am sending you a lot of positive thoughts and hugs!

Majeed, I hope your T goes away quickly...it is fairly new and I remember being so scared in the beginning. I still get anxious when I start thinking about it but I am slowly getting habituated. It is so easy to fall into desperate and depressive mood, but I am trying to keep my head above the water and I hope you will too! Keep us updated and I hope you get rid of your T!

7. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hang in there @Bryan101 as things will improve with time. I have empathy for your suffering and despair for I was in your shoes a few years back. Tinnitus is not an end game. After spending time here learning and getting support, many new T sufferers have gotten better and some have written their success stories in the Success Stories forum (under Knowledge Base), including myself.

A few years back I was suffering very much from ultra high pitch T and then severe hyperacusis. I was full of anxiety and panic and had suicidal thought too like you. I thought I would never have happy life again. But today I am living an absolutely enjoyable and productive life like before T. So don't worry much. Your T is relatively new and it may fade in time. There are also treatments out there such as CBT, TRT, mindfulness etc., and some drugs have proven to help too including the Autifony which is in trial phase. Some members also report good result with Trobalt and Keppra. There are also supplements such as NAC, magnesium, Vitamin B12, D3 etc which members have good review. Some people also get help by diet changes, such as reducing in take of salt, MSG, caffeine etc. There are also people getting better by weight training using Creatine (see Treatment Forum for detail). So never give up hope. In the meantime, try to read up something uplifting such as the success stories and the Positivity thread at the top of the Support Forum. If a panic prone person like me can get well after some time and learning some strategies, have faith that you can too. Here is my success story explaining how I got better after the much suffering. Read it if you have time. Take care and God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Bryan101
      Depressed

Bryan101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks billie48 - and everyone else. You have all given me a glimmer of hope. Which is sometimes all one needs to get through the day... the hour... the minute.
      Nice to hear about the new drugs (Autifony) etc... I just wish they'd find a cure. But I'll do anything at this point.
      The reduction in caffeine and salt are a slow but steady process.
      My ANXIETY IS THROUGH THE ROOF!! So many times I self medicate with binge drinking (which I know is bad and wrong) but sometimes I just want to get numb... even if for a while. And then there is a link I read to alcohol withdrawal and T and I'm like... "dammed if I do - dammed if I don't"

I'm in a really bad place in life with T.... a possible foreclosure on my home, stress of how I'll feed my little girl (2 1/2) - really the only thing that keeps me going.
      Plus the loss of my job FROM MY OWN BROTHER O_O he figured out-sourcing is cheaper. Which it is. So I guess money and greed > family.

Like they say. "Blood is thicker than water, but Maple Syrup is thicker than blood. So, pancakes are better than family"
      ;-)

The girl of my life... She keeps me going.

Attached Files:

• aly.jpg
        aly.jpg
        File size:
        104.3 KB
        Views:
    9. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      God bless her

• Like Like x 1
    10. AlisonS

AlisonS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2005
      Ive had T for 13 years and habituated to never thinking about it 24/7 untill 7 weeks ago I had a cold and blocked ears and now still in a spike , im trying to tell myself its temporary but cant stop homing in on it and getting worried , can spikes last this long ??? Thanks

11. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      Spikes can last that long and longer. Get it out of your head, and it goes away. The less attention you give it the quicker you get better. I'm sure you have read the posts, getting worried only makes it worst and homing in on it makes it worst. Start your normal life again. It might be loud for the first few days, but the less you pay attention to it the quieter it gets. Eventually its more good days than bad until habituation again.

I have gone to work with blaring T and refuse to let this beat me. The key is on those days not to get scared, anxious, depressed, etc. I just dont care anymore and have accepted it. Once you reach this level, you will have more good days than bad and its a slow process sometimes but it does get quieter as time goes on.

Good luck to everyone and keep up the fight.

Jellena, keep thinking the positive thoughts and keep getting better. The funny thing is the more you think you will get better, the more you get better. Its a self fulfilling prophecy, but it can happen in either direction.

Bryan, something I have learned is that worrying about stuff doesnt help you solve any problems. I basically just accept everything now and try to remain emotionless to everything. I'm only allowed to come up with solutions and can't let myself dwell on problems. It was one of the things that helped me.