New here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sherri786, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Roan,

Thanks for the update and E-mail address.

Yes, I believe the vitamin B-12 is helpful. Ever since I've been taking it, my tinnitus has decreased somewhat. I should probably be taking the sublingual, because I'm definitely "of a certain age"! But even the timed-release tablets I've been taking seem to help. I hope it works for you, too.

Adrenal fatigue can be pretty devastating, and it can catch you off-guard. I think I was probably slightly adrenal deficient before all of this started, and (in my case) the blood pressure medicine, the tinnitus/pulsating tinnitus, and the stress of it all finally pushed me over the edge. Now, 3 years later, it is finally subsiding, and I feel more like myself again. It can take awhile, but if you watch your diet, your stress level, and take supplements, you will definitely begin to feel better.

Reflexology is pretty great! I've had a couple of sessions with a reflexologist, and it is very relaxing, and really does seem to address some of our issues.

Yes, it would be great if one of us, or all of us, found a cure! Let's send lots of positive energy toward that goal!! The body has amazing powers to heal itself, starting from the inside out.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hi Roan , Karen thank you so much for your posts. I've been reading up about adrenal fatigue and trying to understand it. I know that the week I got tinnitus was very hectic and stressful for me. I've read online that B12 injections help a lot too, Here in Montreal it has been raining like crazy and I haven't been able to go for walks and the T is really bad now, so I guess the walks were helping reduce the volume. Yes Karen, after I do the reflexology steps like rubbing around the ears , crown of the head ,etc it does get better for awhile. I'm planning to get tested for vitamin deficiency and then get B 12 injections. Have any of you bought the Thomas Coleman Tinnitus miracle book online ? I bought it , it has a long password to get into it, which I wrote and left it back home, as soon as I'm home I'm going to try his methods too, I think he says to detoxify first of all, for which one has to order a special detoxifying kit. Read many testimonials and seems like it worked for quite a few people. It sure would be great if one of us discovered a cure ! Lol. Take care girls and thank you xox

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Thank you Roan for explaining about the Gluten, really appreciate it.xx

5. Roan
      Fine

Roan Member

Tinnitus Since:

Sherri,

It's interesting that we keep coming back to the rubbing around the ears. I have found that rubbing around my ears helps mine. And, I hate to say it, but when my tinnitus is really bad, my ears crack. I know that sounds terrible. But, it's painless. But, you know how a joint might pop when you move it (say like your elbow joint when you stretch it out, or your knees when you stand up) - my ears kind of do that. But, after I rub them, my tinnitus seems better. That's actually how I found this website. In my Google search window, I typed "Can rubbing the outside of my ears help my tinnitus," and ran smack into this forum.

I haven't, though, really found anything that says why it seems to help.

Have you? Run into the whys of it?

6. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, @Roan and @Sherri786,

I found this link, describing different kinds of massage around the ear that might help tinnitus. It kind of goes along with the pressure points in oriental medicine:
      http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/treatment/massage_acupressure_techniques_problems_ear.html

So, Roan, you have very good instincts about what helps! I might try this, too.

Also, I've had that crackling noise in my ears, too. It has gotten better, but it's not entirely gone. Maybe the massage would help that as well. I'm glad you mentioned this!

7. Roan
      Fine

Roan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @Karen, @Sherri786

Hey guys. Just checking in. Started the Super Green Food shakes this week. Too soon to really tell anything. Also incorporating some conscious breathing. I notice I tend to breathe shallow. @Karen, I did check out the shen-nong website. Man, that's some information!! I really liked it, though. I'm going to have to review it a bit more thoroughly.

My tinnitus is low this week, but not because of anything real. I think it's just low because it's just low. Nature of the beast. And, oh man, what a beast it is!!

Let me know how y'all are doing!

8. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, @Roan and @Sherri786,

Roan, I'm so glad you're doing better this week. That is good news! Maybe it's the green food; hard to say. The conscious breathing sounds like a good idea; I tend to breathe shallow, too.

I'm doing better this week. I just came from an appointment with my chiropractic neurologist, and he is continuing to work on exercises for me involving the brain stem. The theory behind this is that our tinnitus is originating in the brain, so calming portions of the brain from "overfiring" may help the tinnitus to calm down. It seems to be working for me, but it is a very slow, gradual process. My pulsating is still going on, but seems somewhat softer. At least, I'm able to sleep, so that's a good thing. Aside from that, I'm continuing to take my supplements, exercise regularly, watch what I eat, and trying to stay calm and get a few hours' sleep each night. I also try to do a lot of things to distract my brain, such as crossword puzzles, internet research, playing games, etc. Keeping one's mind active helps us forget about the tinnitus. Well, at least some of the time, anyway! Take care, ladies.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hi Roan, Karen

Good to hear from you both. Oh I had never heard of ear cracking ! Glad it's painless ! I've been doing Reflexology exercises every night from the site you sent, thank you so much, also from a book I have, basically 30 times massage around the ears and on neck and skull joint, also on the bridge of the nose as the bridge is connected to the kidney, also underneath the second toe, I massage till my fingers hurt, arghhh.last 3 days I had been taking Resveratrol and ginko Biloba, then I thought lets take chaga mushroom pills and lipo flavonoid pills today, and now the T has gone crazy again, don't know why it's worse today... Maybe something I ate, not quite sure.the three days that I took resveratrol and ginko only were not too bad.those three days I was also drinking almond milk, today I didn't drink almond milk and the T is bad... Wondering if there's a connection...today I also bought wheat grass,Quercetin pills with Bromelain, and cod liver oil pills and a kidney support formula called Kidney plus. Hmmm I think for the next 3 days I want to give these a try.oh and I have been taking 8 pills instead of 4 of the Chinese med ' an Shen bu Xin wan ' with a toddler in the house I just don't seem to get enough sleep nor rest, daughter is due on the 14 th ! Oh I'm a shallow breather too, trying to improve !
      Karen , good to hear that you are better this week, I hope the exercises with he chiro helps you. Roan , hope the super green foods work for you, keep us updated ! And yes what a horrible beast it is, right now it has gone crazy, the worst since last 3/4 days.... Hmmm maybe the two veg spring rolls I ate today did it as it was made with white flour and the three days when the T was better I was gluten free, or was the Resveratrol and Ginko helping ? Grrrr will experiment again and see ! Oh according to Chinese med, the T is due to a weak kidney that's why I bought the kidney formula, will give it a try ! Take care both of you and thank you so much ! Wish you peace, calm and T gone away, arghhhh lol. Xoxox

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Yes Roan , it's because massaging helps the circulation inside the ears too. Sorry forgot to mention in my last post that I read online that a German doctor had some success in treating T with potent doses of these enzymes : serrapeptase, protease, papain,Bromelain,amylase and Rutin. I could not find the other enzymes except Bromelain and because pineapples contain Bromelain and pineapples always seems to reduce the volume a bit that's why I got the bromelain\ Quercetin pills.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hope you ladies are doing better than me. I'm giving up, nothing is working, upset and distressed, T is high. I don't know why.
      Dont know if you have heard of John of God of Brazil, he does distant healing too, he cured Dr Wayne Dyer of Leukemia too.
      I'm writing to him to request healing, as soon as I arrive back home on 6th of July. Take care xx

12. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, @Sherri786,

Please don't be distressed! Tinnitus is crazy and unpredictable; it may be very bad for awhile, then calm down for no apparent reason.

I've heard that barometric pressure can and probably does affect our tinnitus. My husband has tinnitus, too, and we have both noticed that when the weather changes (thunderstorms, for example), both of us experience a spike in our tinnitus. Are there any up-and-down weather patterns in your area? Who knows, that could be the culprit.

Also, if you're under stress, that can definitely make your tinnitus worse. That's happened to me quite a few times!

Yes, I have heard of John of God; I remember that there was a T.V. segment about him a couple years ago. I wish you success, if you decide to go that route.

Take care, don't panic, and keep us posted on how you're doing! XXX

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Dear Karen, thank you so much, you're an Angel, may God bless you alwAys. Your words give me hope always. Thank you for tellin me about the weather changes. Yes, here in Montreal it seems like these days one day very sunny and warm and next day it rains all day. Yes Karen I'm under a bit of stress as my grand daughter sleeps very early at night and is up very early in the morning and here I am sometimes up until 2 am trying to sleep and she wakes me at 7 am or so. I had been eating lots of pineapples then I came across an article that says pineapple contains salicylates, and aspirin contains salicylates and aspirin had started my T, now wondering if I was making a mistake by eating pineapples or getting the pills Quercetin , as Quercetin as pineapple derived ? Sorry to hear your husband has T too....but still glad for you that you both can understand each other's pain. Most of the time I feel so alone, stuck with this monster T, no one in the family seem to understand what I'm going through. So grateful for your kind words, will try to sleep and not panic. Take care, thank you so much xxx

15. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Sherri786,

Yes, it is very possible that the pineapple and quercetin could be causing the spike, especially if you're already sensitive to salicylates. Probably best to stop using it for right now, just to see if the tinnitus settles down.

If our ears are already sensitive, sometimes the smallest thing can make the tinnitus worse. Crazy, but true. And the fact that you're helping to look after your granddaughter, on top of sleep problems due to tinnitus, could be very stressful.

It is hard for anyone else to understand what tinnitus is like if they haven't experienced it themselves, and I'm sorry you feel alone. It's good to have this forum so we can communicate with other people who have the same condition. It's going to be all right; don't stress, if possible, and see how you feel in a couple days. Take care!

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Thank you Karen so much. Yes I think I'll avoid pineapples for now.daughter had her second baby last night , they'll be home tomorrow. Happy and relieved that all well with the mother and baby, but heaven help my ears now lol ! Was feeling very frustrated and sad , but your message helped me so much. Had another sleepless night and of course the ears are crazy. Today I'm concentrating on just drinking a lot of water and see if that helps, and only took cod liver oil.take care Karen, hope you're having a good day. God bless you, angel. xx

17. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Sherri786,
      Congratulations on the birth of your second grandchild!! That is wonderful news!

I believe the stress and excitement could be making your ears worse right now. Just when you need sleep most, that's when life gets a little bit crazier! I hope that your ringing starts to calm down soon. Wish there was some great advice I could offer, but I only know what has seemed to help, from my own limited experience.

Magnesium is calming and could be of some help. You can try the kind you mix with water, or the pill form. It might be worth a try --- at least to help you go to sleep a little easier.

For some reason, I'm having a better tinnitus day than yesterday. And we're having thunderstorms right now; I would have thought that would make it worse, instead of better!

Take care, and stay calm. Keep me posted on your progress.

18. Roan
      Fine

Roan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @Sherri786, @Karen

Hi guys! Congrats on the grandbaby, Sherri!!

I'm in my second week of the Super Green Food Shakes.

No tinnitus.

What y'all think?

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello Roan, thank you ! Today waiting for baby and daughter to come home from hospital. Omg Roan, are you serious.... Congratulations !!! If mine's cured I've promised God I'm going to help as many people as possible, besides going crazy with happiness lol, I'll love my life , family and friends like never before , and be grateful for everything and everyone 24/7 lol. Did you buy the super green online or at pharmacies ? Can't wait to go out and get some. Karen thank you so much for the magnesium tip, sorry forgot to thank you last time. I took one last night and did sleep better. The spike is down today... Don't know what helped...the 8 glasses of water or lesser supplements. Phew... Not suicidal anymore , at least for today lol. Thank you my angels Karen and Roan xx

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Roan, what had caused your T ? Thank you.

21. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, Roan, please tell us more. I think it's wonderful that the Super Greens have apparently calmed your tinnitus. That is great news!

I've been taking spirulina for a couple months now. Maybe it's time to add some Super Greens to the mix!

Sherri -- I am glad you're sleeping better, and that your tinnitus is calmer, too. I echo your comments about getting cured; if that ever happens, I'll be so happy and love life so much! But it's important to try to do that anyway, under any circumstances, including tinnitus.

I wish you both well, and will wait to hear more from Roan!

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Oh I just re read Roan's old posts, she wrote it just happened suddenly, she doesn't know what caused it. Yes , that's very true Karen, have to be strong and try our best to not let it control our lives. I have been listening to Dr Greg Braden's videos on self healing, so amazing. Had been reading about Spirulina ... And wondering if I should take some too. Take care Karen, thank you so much.

23. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Sherri786,

I hope Roan continues to have success with the Super Greens. That is great; maybe there is hope for all of us!

I've been taking the spirulina for awhile now. I had to work up to 4 tablets per day, and the bottle says you can take up to 6 tablets per day, so I tried that this afternoon. We'll see if it helps. I was taking systemic enzymes for about a year (Wobenzym is supposed to help tinnitus, if it is caused by inflammation). However, it didn't do much to my tinnitus one way or another, so I stopped taking it. Maybe now I'll add Super Greens to the mix!

Take care, and I hope you continue to do well!

24. Roan
      Fine

Roan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @Sherri786, @Karen

I have no idea what caused by tinnitus. I just woke up one day to journal, and could find no quiet. A roaring, ocean, and then a multi-pitched ringing.

Don't get too excited! LOL I don't think it's gone. I'm too skeptical to believe it's gone. But, if it's there, I cannot hear it. No ocean. No ringing. No pressure in my head. With my tinnitus (I wonder if you guys experienced this, too), when I shook my head from side to side, my ringing fluctuated. When I shake my head from side to side now, no sound at all.

It's still fairly premature. But, this is my thought process at present (please note this is subject to change). : - )

I started the Super Green Food Shakes, and have begun eating a bit cleaner. I am no fanatic, believe you me, but I am eating on the peripheral of the grocery store, as fresh as I can get it, lean meats, no whites (breads, rolls, rices, etc.). Eating lean, green, and near to the ground (if you get my meaning).

I am also eating about every two hours. Not full meals. I do a Shake in the a.m., and then two hours later a Greek yogurt, and then two hours later some almonds, and then a lunch (homemade, trying to steer clear of out foods for now - too many chemicals), two hours later a small bit of cheese, two hours later an apple, then dinner.

I also increased my water intake. I just keep refilling my 16 oz bottle. I have limited myself to one cup of coffee in the morning, and water only. I love water, so this is not a problem for me. But, I figure if I am cutting out gluten and sugars, then stimulants might be a good thing to cut out, too. It is not hard for me, because I have never eaten very many white foods, sugars, and I am not a soft drink person.

I have also added guided meditation at night for relaxation, or reading in bed for decompressing. Helps me to relax, come down from the evening, and fall asleep a bit gentler. I am also practicing purposeful breathing during the day. I live a stressful existence (as do we all), and I am taking more stretch breaks and making sure to breathe deeply.

I have cut out any multivitamins, and any supplements because I want a clean, fresh start to see what really helps. Besides, I don't understand vitamins. Some vitamins that everyone takes nowadays can't even be metabolized by the human body without the accompanying minerals and acids, and I am not educated enough on the subject to know which mineral and acid breaks down which vitamins, etc.

There is a book called "Shed 10 Years in 10 Weeks" that explains how vitamins work, and why they do not work for the majority of the populace, and how to consume vitamins so that they do work for you. It's very good. I own it, but have not read it in a very long time. I would recommend it, though. It costs about $6.70 at Barns and Noble.

So, this is the formula. You can purchase everything at Swansonvitamins.com. Costs about $75.00.

Stabilized Rice Bran Powder (It's buy one get one free at Swanson right now)
      Whey Protein Powder (Swanson has a Vanilla that is all natural, no flavonoids, etc) (Aim for milk whey not soy whey)
      Super Green Food Powder
      Uddo's Choice Omega 3 Fatty Acids (This is pricey, but it lasts a long time)
      Coconut Milk

After that, you can add cinnamon if you like, an apple, whatever taste you prefer. I have a Ninja mixer, and my morning shakes are super wonderful, even when I put a whole apple in.

It's one scoop of the powders, 1 tsp to 1TBSP of the Omega Fatty Acids, 1/4 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, and any other flavors you like, or fruits you like. Mix it up. Voila. Shake. And, they're delicious.

I use only the 1 tsp of the Fatty Acids, because a side effect of them is headache, and when I use much more, I have a massive headache the next morning.

Sherri, don't be suicidal! LOL I remember, after having had the tinnitus for six months, thinking to myself that no one can be expected to live this way! But then I read online of the people with tinnitus, and I hadn't realized that it can get so much worse. So very much worse!

But, this I do believe, ladies. This thing comes from somewhere. It originated from somewhere, and it is a symptom of something, even if we don't know what. If it can come, it can go away. We have a hefty women's intuition to rely upon, and a handsome intelligence to work with. We're gonna sort this thing out!

Hang in there!

• Like Like x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Thank you Roan so much ! So very very kind of you to take time out to write this in detail, appreciate it greatly. I've noted down everything and will order it all. Hope and pray it continues to work for you and that it'll help me and all other sufferers. Do keep us updated whenever you can. Love what you say... If it can come, it can go away. Yes had three days of hell, when it spiked, lol did get suicidal several times, but no have to be brave and fight on, and yes we will sort it out ! Thank you once again Roan, so grateful.
      Take care, best wishes and enjoy the sounds of silence xoxo

26. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Roan, you have the right idea!! It is a symptom of something, even if we don't know specifically what started it. I hope the silence continues for you. That is wonderful, for however long it lasts.

I already have a whey protein shake every morning, using almond milk, so maybe adding the super greens would help. I am also taking spirulina -- now up to 3 times a day, two tablets per day. I'm hoping some of this will help.

In the meantime, we should never give up hope that things will improve. You made my day when you said your tinnitus had subsided. That is great! Take care, ladies, and stay in touch.

27. mick

mick Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Roan,

Could you post the Swanson item numbers for the products you purchase for you shakes? For some of the products you list I find multiple things that might or might not be what you list. For instance, I find several different varieties of super green food products of different types and brands on Swanson's web site, but I can't tell which one matches what you use.

mick

28. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Roan,

Yes, please post. There's several supergreen powders, for example. One has gingko.

Thanks and thanks for your great posts!

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello ladies, hope all's with everyone and you are all feeling good. Waiting for Roan's reply, before ordering the super greens. Take care xoxo

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Karen, hope the exercises with your chiro is going well, and Roan I hope you're T free and happy ! Xx