New here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sherri786, Apr 13, 2013.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello Karen,

Thank you For your reply, appreciate it. Today my health food arrived finally.... udo's oil blend, rice bran complex,hemp protein pwdr. Also my herbs from Brazil are on their way, very happy about that. Read online somewhere that somebody got rid of their T by eating a handful of organic almonds everyday, so have started doing that too. Gosh never ate this healthy in my life before lol !
      Hope you and your husband have been well. Take care and enjoy the wknd. Bye for now.

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @Sherri,

That's great! I'll be interested to hear how the health food and the herbs work for you.

I eat almonds virtually every day, too, but I'm not sure they've helped my tinnitus. Almonds do contain magnesium, so it's possible that they could work for you, to make it a bit calmer. Hope so!!

Good luck, and I'll look forward to your updates!!

3. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Anyone else had luck with this green diet ? I am planning to order this but I need to jump through a lot of hoops as I am in Iceland. Practically have to have this "smuggled" into the country . :)

BTW: I am constantly eating Almonds , simply because I am a nut nut. No idea if that helps?

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      I couldn't get some of the health foods suggested by Roan as Canada won't allow anything to be imported which has probiotics, but yes since I started taking whey protein and Udo's oil and rice bran powder and some other holistic herb, and no gluten etc
      T has been somewhat calmer, it still spikes with the wrong food, and yes eating almonds too.... So not quite very sure which of these helped.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      None of my million supplements were helping,so I've stopped taking them all, sometimes I do take b 12, hope to go for a vitamin blood test soon.

6. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Yeah , I stopped taking all supplements as well.
      Had a few shots of B12 and a Magnesium IV,hasn't helped much so far.
      Currently trying laser sessions , I am aware that it probably will not help the T but apparently it could help with my hearing loss. Did a 3 day vegjuice fast , that did nothing . Sigh...

I am sure I could probably get this green diet into the country, albeit illegally but I would love to know if this is another "one-off" or something worth trying.

• Like Like x 2
    7. Golly
      Bookworm

Golly Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      I have never tried the Green Diet; but just in case people are interested, I have been experimenting with a radical diet since the beginning of 2013. (I may post this in another thread, so I'll keep the details to a minimum.)

I started the year by consuming an elemental diet. That is, under medical supervision, I drank ONLY specialty drinks containing essential nutrients. The protein contents were broken down as amino acids. This was my ONLY sustenance for six weeks.

I then introduced some fruits and vegetables over the course of a few months. Nowadays, I eat fruits, vegetables, rice, and quinoa. That is all.

This diet has had no noticeable effect upon my tinnitus. I did, however, lose 10% of my body mass---and I am pretty skinny to start with!

-Golly

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Thanks RaZaH, thanks Golly, will keep you updated on how the diet goes.....Golly I've stopped eating white rice , only organic e brown rice and quinoa .