Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Janaxx, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Janaxx

Janaxx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music (attended concert & had seat next to speakers)
      Hi everyone,

I'm not exactly sure when my tinnitus started. I have a feeling it was soon after I attended a particularly loud concert and I had a seat quite close to the speakers. My husband was at the same concert & he's also been to many concerts with me and has never suffered tinnitus as a result. I'm more or less certain my tinnitus is a consequence of being born into an era of loud music,although I can't explain the reason it happens to some people and not others. I suppose you could say I'm fortunate in that the noise is intermittent and varies in severity. The sound is always the same. A high pitched continuous tone, like the sound many people have after leaving a concert,although for others it goes away and doesn't return. As I mentioned,the fact it is intermittent (oddly when I'm completely relaxed & on holiday it doesn't seem to appear,which I will talk about later) makes it slightly more tolerable when it does happen. I'm in the middle of a spell right now and my way of coping is to basically go with the flow. It's not easy & I sometimes feel like covering my ears and screaming ( it doesn't work) so the more I've trained myself to accept it as part of me the more I'm able to cope with it. As I write this the noise is particularly loud but I know it will subside. I can sympathise with people who are worse,or those who have no let up up from the symptoms. I will post more tinnitus thoughts soon.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Janaxx

Janaxx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music (attended concert & had seat next to speakers)
      As a further note to my introduction and so I have a recording of things that can induce a bout of tinnitus,I've just noticed speaking on the phone,if I make a call,or the phone ringing can bring it on. I've been busy since posting my introduction and have just stopped for a cup of tea. My noise was fine until I made a phone call. I'm wondering if there are any other intermittent tinnitus sufferers who find this happens after using the phone.