Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kittyl, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Kittyl
      Disapproved

Kittyl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/01/2014
      Hi Everyone,
      I have had a whirring in my left ear since the beginning of the year. It is driving me mad is there anything that helps?

2. Carlo
      Balanced

Carlo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Any idea how you got it? Did you see a doctor or a ENT?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kittyl
      Disapproved

Kittyl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/01/2014
      I have no idea. I have been for a hearing test & have high frequency hearing loss in my left ear. I am going for a hearing aid in two weeks & a mri scan in three weeks. I'm trying to ignore the t & stay positive, but it's so frustrating! Any help would be gratefully received.

4. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Kittyl, it's frustrating because it is something new that was not there before. Since you have hearing loss at the high frequency that is most likely the cause of your tinnitus baring no other medical issues which I assume the MRI will determine. As for getting to the next step. That just takes time. You need time to adapt. Your brain needs time to adapt.

You are on the right track staying positive and keeping busy. No sense dwelling on something you have no control over. You will find as time passes each week, each money, your attitude towards your T will change and it will not bother you as much. As I type this I can hear mine pretty well but I am not affected by it. As a matter of fact, I am getting ready for lunchtime basketball and some fun. Since my T will be there with me, hopefully, it can help me score some hoops :)

• Like Like x 2
    5. Carlo
      Balanced

Carlo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Hearing aids can help, as I read here around. erik@ is right: it takes time to adapt. The sound, or the perception of it, will diminish. Protect your sleep, taking some meds if necessary, try to avoid stress. Supplements like magnesium, vitamin B complex and antioxidants can help. Be strong, it will be better!

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kittyl
      Disapproved

Kittyl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/01/2014
      Thank you so much for your replies. I've had a good read of some of the threads on here. I shall be buying some supplements & shall endeavour to be positive! Even though it's doing my nut in!!

7. DebS

DebS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Erik, that had to be a Freudian slip on your part: "each week, each money"... as we T sufferers certainly pour out a lot of money trying to find relief!!