Oh Shoot, More Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Support' started by derpytia, Jun 10, 2014.

1. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      So when my T started about a month and a half ago it was just one whistle tone in my right ear. Now I have a high pitched (and i mean REALLY high pitched) 'eee' ring thing in my left ear that seems to ring louder and then get quieter and then repeat every second (believe me I've counted too)! Blast! Did anyone else just randomly get more tones in their ear or T in their other ear even though they've been wearing protection and such? I'm so frustrated; I'm at a loss to what I did wrong!

2. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      You didn't necessarily do anything wrong; it is not unusual for recently developed tinnitus to go through a series of stages. Eventually you will reach a "steady state". On the other hand, you may be exposing yourself to too much noise; only you know the answer to that...

But perhaps more imporantly, have you considered taking part in the AM101 trial, if available to you?

3. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Remember, Do not measure your T. Measure your reaction to T.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Don't worry, it is quite common to get another tone, AND to get it in both ears. I read somewhere on the site that a woman had a tumour and had to be operated on. I am not sure whether she had T before or after the operation, but she had it after she had been operated on. She said that the funny thing was her other ear, the one that had NOT been operated or affected by the tumour, got T too. It was suggested that because one ear was struggling to hear, that the other one had to work harder and therefore the added pressure on that ear brought on T. Again, this is simply speculation.

Point is, it is not uncommon for T to appear in both ears. I don't think you have done anything wrong to get it in the other ear.

5. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I was convinced for like a month after i got T that i only had it in my right ear but then my left ear startin hissin and makin all kinda of noises so im sure its normal!!!

6. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      In my experience, T is completely random and has a mind of its own.
      Obviously for pattern seeking creatures like ourselves that can drive you nuts.
      I wait for the day when I stop trying to decipher my T and just let it do its thing.
      That will be the beginning of my habituation.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      ^ why not stop today? ;)

8. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Good question, I guess I am waiting for it to settle as annoying, not excruciating. ;)