One Day I'm Fine, The Next Crazy

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jamie m, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Hello everyone,

I'm in my day 24 on this horrible thing in my ear. I would say I have mild T, from what I see online but it's still something I am struggling with. I have gone on here everyday to keep me strong and seeing I'm not alone bc all my friends just look at me and say what's that? I feel like since Saturday my T has been fading a little bit then today, I have been getting little spikes of high pitch. I know it's probably from my job, I work at Victoria secret, and music is loud in there. But I tried turning it down but then it got really low and I turned it back up. I don't know if that's the cause. This morning I woke up and it was so light and I felt great. I'm just so unhappy. I try and make it look like I'm fine to the outside world but I'm crying inside. I just need to vent. I Just want to know if this gets better. I used to be so much fun and weird and that made me but now I walk around like I'm a zombie and fake smile to everyone :( I went to 5 doctors ( mistake) no hearing loss, one doctor said music and stressed caused it. I just want it to be gone

2. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      Dont worry .
      Tinnitus in the beginin come hand to hand with anxiety and depression, but bty time you will not give it an importance.

just try to not focus on it and protect your ear from loud noises .

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I recall reading the following post some time ago, and, hence I could not help but connect it to yours (re: loud music):
      Incidentally, there are t-shirts printed with the following slogan:

if_its_too_loud_youre_too_old_t_shirt-rc85debea2bb041e486028a3970eddf2a_jf4s8_324.jpg

if_its_too_loud_youre_too_old_tee.jpg

Perhaps you should consider asking the Victoria Secret boss about some new slogans for t-shirts - such as "Don't worry about the music, tinnitus has no cure" and "Tinnitus: live for today, who cares about tomorrow..."

"Generation deaf" is indeed a reality to be, and, no one is going to rescue any of the younger population with mp3-players hanging out their ears all day:

139946560-young-girl-listening-to-mp3-player-gettyimages.jpg

I wish everyone good luck on their journey through life - I think there will many who will need it...

• Like Like x 4
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Jamie,
      The early days and weeks are the worst trying to make head nor tail over what is going on with your ears and head and the emotional term oil it causes .
      There are lots of reasons people get tinnitus and unknowingly put there ears in danger but for some it can just happen.

Tinnitus masking and sound therapy can help and for some people counselling can help and hearing aids or maskers ( white noise generators )

As you read posts on Tinnitus Talk you will gain great knowledge about tinnitus that you need to help you get through the difficult time at the start of your tinnitus journey and each person with their own story to tell.

You are not alone now and hope that gives you great comfort that we totally understand what you are going through...
      Keep posting for support and members are always around give you a leg up when tinnitus sets you in to a downward spiral.
      Their is help for tinnitus with sound therapy and life with tinnitus does get better.
      Have your ears checked and hearing also and push for any support you need of family and your doctor.....lots of love glynis

• Creative Creative x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @glynis yeah I'm just trying to get better. I have slept good for a week now but every day I have a fear that I won't be able to sleep. My hearing is fine from what they told me. But I'm still so sad

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Watch what meds you take as well, they can be just as dangerous as blasting music everyday. I wish someone told me this in the beginning. I was already quite aware that loud noise could be unhealthy but had no idea that medications and ignorant doctors could induce tinnitus or make it worse.

I guess I should have known but then again why would I, I didnt even know that tinnitus exsisted, it's not something you go searching for if you don't have it. I thought only crazy people heard noises in their head. Lol

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @Telis , my doctor gave me two months of Valium, I only took it for three days in the first week, luckily all I'm taking is vitamins like b12, zinc, mag, cal. Which I feel like has helped my T.

I just want to enjoy life, go to movies. I'm going to NYC next month which I had planned before this happened I'll be wearing ear plugs a lot but I'm just so nervous. I shouldn't let this control me.

Good news, I haven't cried in three days! Yay for me!

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Fuck you, tinnitus.

• Like Like x 3
    9. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      Me too. All my life I have looked after my hearing and avoided excess noise, only to develop tinnitus from a prescription drug allergy.

10. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      Many people do genuinely think like this! Be it health, finances or whatever.

11. Kotve
      Dumb

Kotve Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck / Jaw
      My cousin lost his hearing because of antibiotics, he was one of the 1/1000 unlucky guys. His luck is that it happened when he was 2 years, so his T is like normal for him. He can't remember the period without T.
      Btw if i were you, i would avoid going to often out with friends now, at least in noisy places as it makes T worse (or depending on person). And buy some earplugs :p

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @Kotve yeah, I mean I don't do a lot of things right now just work, it's loud in there but I have noticed a change in my T. As for New York, I can't back out of that bc I have spent a lot of money. Even with going to church I put ear plugs in so I've been very protective of my ears!

New York is so loud tho so little nervous

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Havent*

14. larascott
      Wishful

larascott Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Either concert and/or pain meds from recent dental work
      I feel your pain and your fear, Jamie. Mine likely happened from music or meds, not sure, but I've had mine for just around the same amount of time you have.

I'm going out with my college girlfriends on Saturday night and we're staying in downtown Minneapolis, and I KNOW it will be loud. I'm going to bring my earplugs and just try to enjoy myself and not live in fear.

I hope that you are able to do the same and that you have a wonderful trip! I love NYC.

• Like Like x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @larascott thank you! I will say the first week was the hardest, but it has been a low cricket and then a fleeting T random one day it's fine, I'm at work and I lowered the music so that has helped my mind. I don't think about it as much as I did the first week, I try to just ignore and move on. I have a great family and friends who understand. I was at work today and had a huge high pitch in my right ear which hasn't been ringing which caused panic but then it went away so that's good. Good luck this weekend and let me know how your T is after! Is yours mild? I think I got mine for music and stress!

16. Samzen

Samzen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2012
      Even mild tinnitus is horrible in the beginning because it's something so unfamiliar. But rest assured that you will adjust to after several months. Soon it'll be a non issue and you'll be your old happy self again. I say this because it's the case with so many people who develop mild tinnitus and was the case with me. But it is true that you have to take, taking care of your ears very seriously from now on. Never compromise your ears to loud music or noise. Get a solid protection plan and stick to it.

17. larascott
      Wishful

larascott Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Oh yes, I'd say mine is probably fairly mild. This morning it was so quiet I was like "OMG, IS IT GONE?!" of course it wasn't, but it was for about a minute or two. :) I'm really trying to focus less and less on it. It's hard if I'm in a completely silent space...then I can really hear it.

If this thing does decide to stick around I'm certainly not going to let it ruin the rest of my life. :) Though I'm a HUGE music person, and concerts are one of my favorite things to do, so I'm going to have to be extra careful to wear decent earplugs when I go to a show again someday. I also now listen to my earbuds on a super low volume.

I am just trying to roll with it, but yeah, it's hard. I also have RCE (recurrent corneal erosion) in my right eye, which requires daily drops and ointment every single night, all from a scratch with a Q tip last August. Like tinnitus, it could go away someday or it could last forever.

I guess I'm trying to remember it could ALWAYS be worse. I will definitely let you know how it goes! Let me know how NYC is; such a great town. :)

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @larascott yeah me and you are in the same boat! I woke up today and was like it's here but I need to really listen then I get out of bed and it's more known! I can live with this sounds, more like a low chainsaw. Only in left ear, in and out right randomly. But then I get a spike randomly that could last a min or less or more. Weird. I'm so scared to listen to music in my ear now. I can't workout without my beyonce music so this puts a little damper in my parade. I'm just afraid that it could get worse :(

19. larascott
      Wishful

larascott Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello @Jamie m !

I have long returned from my evening out, and my ears weren't really affected by sound much. In fact, I feel like my tinnitus MIGHT be going away a bit? It's now really only happening in the morning, at least that's when I notice it most. Maybe I'm finally getting used to it. :)

I even flew since I last posted, with a horrible cold (while wearing earplane earplugs thank goodness), and while I think my right ear (my T ear) is now a bit clogged, the ringing itself didn't worsen.

Have you gone to NYC yet??

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Yay! @larascott that's exciting! Same for me... I think I'm just getting used to it! I am going next Thursday!