Opportunity Perhaps

Discussion in 'Support' started by SymphonSilencio, Jun 25, 2012.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SymphonSilencio

SymphonSilencio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2008
      Give me an email so I can correspond with you. I would like some information about your T in particular before we start. Once everything is in the clear we'll send you a kit. I'm only doing this because there seems to be a lack of interest here or scared we'll pull a frankenstein on them so I suppose you and Erik will be my testers for now. Thanks for your interest.

2. exodus
      Cold

exodus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008
      it seems we were posting in same time,just sent you the info in pm

3. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I have over 1400 posts on the Yuku tinnitus support board. I have horrible horrible tinnitus. It is loud, it is thick, it is in both my ears and has a shrill overtone I can hear everywhere I go. Only the shower masks it. My one year anniversary was exactly 1 year today - take a guess I it started? 4th July Fireworks. Right now I'm going through the exact same thing you have described in post #3 of this thread. Just sitting in front of the TV eating Kit Kat bars and have some strength to go to from the couch to the bathroom and the couch to the fridge. On days I feel more strength, I go to the supermarket.

SS, how do you know that you have a 90dB tinnitus as opposed to a 20dB tinnitus, have you had a loudness match done?
      You posted these levels 1-4, do they correspond to how your tinnitus changed from year 1-4 ???
      So how are you better now? Are you habituated or did you get a significant volume reduction?
      How did you get your life back? - sleep, strength, enjoyment in life, etc.

Appreciate any advice.
      Oh and you could send me your kit if you want.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SymphonSilencio

SymphonSilencio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2008
      When I say that 90-20db thing I'm simply putting it in words other than much higher and much lower. I've never had a loudness match done. Yes those 4 levels are how my tinnitus has changed over the course of 4 years. I'm a big exception with that explanation because I have many contributing factors that made my tinnitus as loud as it was during the time.

I'm better in the sense that I'm happier and have my energy back again since I actually sleep now. From my perception I got a significant volume reduction. I know others cant really see what I have experienced without being in my brain but habituation can only be taken so far just as pain management can only be taken so far with the strongest opioids.

I can do activity pretty much at full capacity. I can think, contemplate, write, brainstorm like I always have when I didnt have this. I can go outside without going crazy that a 18 wheeler, motocycle, or some other loud sound producing monstrosity gave me enough exposure to make my T louder (I became depressed simply over the realization that you cant get away from sound like you can smell, taste, sight).

With that said I dont believe in cures. If there are cures to be found within the actual medical arena I dont think anyone truly wants to find it because profit only comes from repeat customers not one timer's. I hope my T improves more but only time will tell. I'm not holding my breathe when it comes to true physical silence.

5. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Any updates?

6. menno

menno Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 weeks
      If this treatment is about retraining the brain, I thought to have read that it could work postively for about 70% of all T/PT sufferers. I do feel the 2 years restriction might be related to the fact that some T or PT might simply disappear after a few months, which keeps me postive as i got it for just 1 month.

My nephew had pretty severe ADHD, and it was all a bit hopeless, his parents were not in favour of medication and looked for an alernative treatment, which was found in retraining the brain through audio-visual information, after a few sessions he noticedly improved, was able to concentrate, getting high marks at school, and is all OK.

So, to anybody , give this a shot , it's worth a try, in particular when you are desperate you only can win the way i see it.

7. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hmmmmmm...........