Placing a Grounding Patch on My Neck Made My Tinnitus Go Away for a Day

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Imperial, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Imperial

Imperial Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/01/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My tinnitus started approximately 2 months ago.

Constant ringing - moderate to loud in both ears but predominantly in my right ear. After nights of lost sleep and feeling scared I went to GP who said it looks like mild fluid behind eardrum. Really? I was told to take Zyrtec and Flonase (squirt and pinch your nose and blow out to force up into sinuses). Didn’t work.

I’m frantic to find the cause. Other than the only two medications I’m on (and cannot discontinue) and a C4/C5 fusion 20 years ago - I don’t have a clue. I rarely use ear buds/phones; stay away from loud noise, don’t smoke, rarely drink, eat clean, organic plant based diet, already take magnesium, multivitamin, only drink glass-bottled water, exercise daily, blah, blah. I do have one cup of organic coffee every morning which I do not want to give up if at all possible. Days wore on with no change.

Last night, out of desperation, I put a grounding patch on my neck below my ear and slept through the night. My tinnitus was gone when I woke up and lasted through the day.

It’s now nighttime and I can hear the sound faintly simmering in the background. I will use patch again tonight. I’m a believer in the benefits of grounding for overall well-being prior to this recent tinnitus nightmare.

“Connecting to the Earth restores, stabilizes, and maintains the human body’s most natural electrical state, which in turn promotes optimum health and functionality in daily life. The primordial natural energy emanating from the Earth is the ultimate anti-inflammatory and anti- aging medicine” — Clint Ober, Earthing. Com.

Pent up electrical free radicals that can cause devastating human ailments can be neutralized by grounding to the Earth. This may be a coincidence for it’s only been one day but perhaps, this can provide relief to some readers especially those with anxiety.

I find this site frightening but also very helpful in finding answers and options for coping.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Gavin999

Gavin999 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Bang
      Have you tried turning your router off? I am a strong believer EMF from phones can make tinnitus much worse!

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/adrenalin + forgetting to breathe enough when online
      I do grounding sometimes. When I saw a glow in my mind with eyes closed, grounding cleared it...

• Like Like x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. If you find some postings in the support section quite frightening, perhaps try focus on the success stories as they are mostly positive posts from people who have either fully recovered from tinnitus or have habituated. These stories will give you hope and calm your nerves. They also give you some insights or strategies how to live and cope with tinnitus. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. God bless.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/adrenalin + forgetting to breathe enough when online
      Just to pick up on 'glow in my mind' again as someone clicked like and brought this to my attention - if this ever happens to you - for me now probably 4 times, ground immediately - hands to the grass, with my research it is aura damaged - repair it quickly because I didn't one time got hit again within 24 hours and had a stroke, lost use of left arm for 15 mins - fully recovered though - wife said how did you get that scar on your forehead - energy hit it I told her - I had been researching this for many years then bam!!! 'Knowledge' for me...

I know sounds strange to read - but if it helps stop a few strokes then I've helped the health service...

6. cw32801

cw32801 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hi, I'm considering using a grounding patch too. How's your tinnitus lately? Did it improve?

7. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      What's a "grounding patch"?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    8. cw32801

cw32801 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      upload_2022-2-17_15-16-26.png

9. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      I recently came across an ad for “grounding” bed linens. Tinnitus was not listed amongst the ailments touted to be helped. But circulation and inflammation was. Any thoughts on this? They are quite expensive. One sheet & pillowcase over $200.

Yes... desperate times; etc.

10. Lins12

Lins12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Wax / Infection
      Oh, this gives me hope! We just ordered an universal grounding mat for our feet while we sleep. I’ve been trying to ground outside but can’t for super long, and weather can also mean days or seasons without grounding.

I’m interested to see what sleeping with our feet on the mat might do for my tinnitus but also hubby’s pain. I’ll check in and update once we receive the mat and give it a try!