Please Don’t Laugh at Me

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nanny chocolate, May 17, 2018.

1. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      Hello friends
      2 weeks ago I was in a RTC and had shock and mild whiplash. An osteopath has reset my neck and it’s only a little painful now. I was already trying to recover from a nervous breakdown but now my anxiety is off the scale. I cannot stop badly clenching my teeth and focussing on a tooth implant I had at the back of my mouth last December.

The pressure is making my teeth and the mouth sore and of course tinnitus is much louder. I have a hire car whilst mine is being repaired. I nearly had a panic attack in Sainsbury’s just now, so frightened.

Could this be connected to my car being smashed? or am I just going bonkers. The anxiety is disabling and I’ve had to come home, feel very vulnerable on the roads too.

I hope this is not an inappropriate post but my ears have got much louder, feel trapped in all the symptoms.

Sorry everyone.

Eve @Nanny chocolate

• Hug Hug x 12
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Ed, I need that hug. If my mouth wasn’t so sore I’d suck my thumb!
      @Ed209

• Like Like x 1
    3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      So sorry to hear this Eve. I think you’ve been through a lot and it’s all culminating on you in the form of anxiety. You need to take a step back and get the love and support of family and friends. Maybe take a break and go stay somewhere peaceful and relaxing; just get away from life for a bit. You could include a spa day or something else you can think of that will bring your tension and stress down.

We all go through bad times. Life can be a real challenge, but try to keep your chin up. :huganimation:

• Like Like x 3
    4. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Nanny chocolate I'm sorry to hear that you have whiplash, but having it in a mild from will make a big difference. I have severe whiplash from having an implant placed. I also started to immediately clench my teeth.

When a whiplash causes tinnitus or increases tinnitus, clenching almost always happen. It has to do with the C1 -C2 vertebrae and neck muscles. Barry Keene has a short easy to read article titled Whiplash that explains this.

Since you had mild whiplash and an O.D. to reset your neck, you should be back to normal within weeks or a few months at most.

I would recommend using a mouth guard for a few months. Buy an inexpressive one from either a retail store or from online. Molding it yourself is easy and it doesn't need to cover all your teeth.

If I can offer any support please write to me.

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Ed, my daughter just phoned. She is very excitedly making plans for her wedding at the beginning of January next year. I don’t want to pop her bubble of excitement. She works in London so I can get away with making a bit light of it.
      I know you’ve had your own troubles too and yet still offer kindness to others.
      I’ll see about the spa day, osteopaths are expensive!
      Eve Xx
      @Ed209

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Greg
      Those are the vertibrae the osteopath manipulated.
      I was already clenching my teeth at night and I have a mouthguard fitted by my dentist.

It seems to be the daytime that’s most troubling, painful and scary.
      Thank you so much for getting in touch and I will check out Barry Keene.
      Eve x
      @Greg Sacramento

7. Mystery Reader

Mystery Reader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still Under Investigation
      @Nanny chocolate
      I just want to offer my support here, Eve. Aside from dealing with the t, you have had a myriad of other stressors pile up and it sounds like it has all gotten to the point where it is now overwhelming. The anxiety can be the worst of it, as it influences how we react to everything else. Focus on today, if you can -- that's all you have to get through. You got through yesterday, and the day before, and the week and the month before that. It's SO much easier said than done, I know, but you're already stronger for it, even if it doesn't feel that way at the moment.

I know sometimes I'll come onto the TT forum and, without necessarily signing in or reading any of the threads, I'll just look at "Who's On." The presence of certain names on that list can instantly bring me comfort, knowing that those people are there, knowing that I'm not sitting here "alone" with this, knowing that, even if I'm not interacting with them at the moment, they are out there, and they get it. Everyone's individual situation is going to be different, but we all basically understand the common threads of this thing.

You're going through a majorly tough time right now -- my heart goes out to you in this. If it gets to the point where you feel you need a professional intervention, please don't hesitate to do that. And I like what @Ed209 said above: a change of some kind might do you a world of good!

Get through today. Do what you can to get busy with something around the house, or sit outside if there's a nice, quiet spot and breathe in some clean air! Use some calming sound enrichment.

And remember you're not alone. We're rooting for you! :)

Mystery Reader

• Winner Winner x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      @Nanny chocolate, everything that @Mystery Reader said in his above post is spot on. Making it through today is all you need to do, tomorrow will be a new start. Coming here for support was the absolute right decision. We all understand and not one single one of us would laugh at you, we all want to give you a hug and comfort you.:huganimation:

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you so much for your response mystery reader. It does seem to have been one thing after another.
      It seemed natural to go on to this site as I thought others would understand, and you do too.
      I’m a Counselling Therapist but it’s hard to counsel yourself. I’m lucky that I live in a beautiful part of the UK, down in Devon. I’m trying to be positive, some days easier than others. Four months ago I couldn’t get dressed and lost weight. Now I can go out, work a little and the weight is going back on. That’s a shame as the tummy is back in evidence. It’s wonderful that we can support and encourage each other here.
      Warmly
      Eve x
      @Mystery Reader

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you emmalee
      I’m overwhelmed by the the response. I felt a bit ridiculous posting but you all seem to understand.
      I live alone which is not always great but at least I don’t have to cook for anyone tonight.
      Eve x
      @emmalee

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. TracyJS

TracyJS Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Nanny chocolate
      Eve, no one here would ever laugh at you. Most of us, if not all of us, have been there with our own difficulties, whether that be overwhelming anxiety(you know I with you there) or sadness or any of the other feelings and challenges that come with this condition.
      There is nothing ridiculous about needing to be heard, to feel not alone, to receive support and responsiveness when we are up against it.

I know what you mean when you say you are a counselor, but it’s hard to counsel yourself.

That’s when others can come in to help.

Tracy:huganimation:

12. Mystery Reader

Mystery Reader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still Under Investigation
      @Nanny chocolate
      Eve,
      Here is a YouTube video that I find particularly relaxing --fireplace and thunderstorm. Try it at a low volume first, as I'm not sure what your t reacts to, or whether the 'crackling' sounds of the fireplace might irritate it. (I know on days when I'm having some sound sensitivity I can't use this one, but on other days it really helps to have it on in the background while I'm doing other things.) You may not find this one of any use, but I thought I'd pass it along, anyway.

Crackling Fireplace with Thunder, Rain and...

Mystery Reader

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello Tracy
      Thank you. It’s sounds so stupid, can’t stop teeth clenching, making mouth and T worse. I feel pathetic and now I’ve got crying to add to the list. My daughter is so happy in her relationship and I can’t find the joy to give her, although I pretend.
      I don’t understand why this anxiety is so heightened and making everything worse.
      Other people are suffering badly with their T and I must try to get over this.
      Love Eve x
      @TracyJS

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    16. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery

So sorry @Nanny chocolate. But your symptoms can be related to the stress of your accident. Your body is probably very tight and tense as is evident with your clenching of your teeth. And be careful with the implant because clenching can cause issues.

Do you have a night guard? Have you been back to a doctor for these symptoms? Lots of time physical problems will not be noticed until days or weeks or even months. Kept a diary.

Hope you are doing better.

• Like Like x 1
    17. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Nanny chocolate ,
      Hope your feeling calmer..try wearing mouth guard in the day also as might help.
      Getting back behind the wheel after a bang takes time but each time it will getter...
      Love glynis x

• Like Like x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you Startthrower and Glynis
      I don’t know if it’s the accident or just me now. I wouldn’t care if the implant had to come out but it’s a massive procedure. I had another one done at the same time but that seems ok. I think I grind into the worst T ear if that makes sense, and that’s where the other implant is. Top right molar, feels like a brick.
      I am documenting how things proceed as I might make a personal injury claim.
      That’s a good idea Glynis and I’ll try that.
      @Starthrower @glynis

• Hug Hug x 2
    19. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Awww eve :huganimation:

it's ok sweetie, post your concerns here and we will listen and show as much love as possible. I remember you posting about your car accident. It is a stressful ordeal and it can raise havoc in our system. Anxiety is a horrible thing and I can fully relate to your issue. Before being admitted to the hospital, I had crippling depression that manifested into anxiety. All because I missed my parents and wanted to go to their grave and see my mom.

After being in the hospital I had meds and pills pushed on me by clueless Drs. those meds brought on even more horrible anxiety and scary palpatations. I was at a restaurant today and my heart was beating like crazy and it was pretty scary and annoying.

Tinnitus can take a hit when our anxiety, life is shakey at times. I am sorry that you feel so bad, i'd give you a big hug and i'd tell you that YOU WILL BE OK :huganimation:.

I share my story so you know, that all of us face dark times and difficult times. We CAN make it and still have a good life :)

Bless you...

• Winner Winner x 2
    20. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi Eve, @Nanny chocolate

A little over a week ago, I had a serious tinnitus spike from an acoustic trauma (packing tape, of all things). All the things I've discovered to help calm my system down were not working. So about two days later, I went in to visit my Osteopath, who is also a Cranial/Sacral Therapist. I was still quite jumpy, my brain was jutting around all over the place, and I felt a deeply uneasy trembling within my whole system.

As soon as my Osteopathy put his hands on my head, he said he could hear the alarms going off (wildly). I told him I thought the trauma was centered in my right ear, which he agreed. He began working on it, but couldn't seem to get the trauma to let go. So after about 10 minutes, he put on a vinyl glove, and went inside my mouth, just opposite my ear.

He massaged VERY gently in the area just opposite my right ear, and after just a minute or so, said something like, "it just let go, did you feel that?" Which I did, and all the jumpiness, brain jutting, and trembling instantly ceased. He then went on to describe the energetic pattern across my face, which he described as having been "blasted".

So he worked on the left side of my face for about a minute, before he made another very similar comment. Something like, "the blast just let go, did you feel that?" Which I did, but this time I felt an immediate deep relaxation and letting go in my whole upper back and shoulder area. I felt like a different person after those releases.

I felt these releases gave me some good insights into what kind of difficult energetic patterns can be set up from various types of acoustic or other traumas. And that what many might consider difficulties with psychologically dealing with some of our setbacks, may instead be difficulties re-establishing normal harmonies in the affected areas.

Though I had really good help from my Osteopath to restore some of my disrupted harmonies, I think there are a number of good things we can do for ourselves at home. Like doing epsom salts baths, castor oil packs, various modalities using essential oils, and more. But for more difficult situations, I think a really good cranial/sacral therapist can do wonders.

All the best to you Eve...

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Fish
      Thank you, I know you have been down and miss your mom and dad. When we are feeling so low we become like children again and want our parents. That’s if we’ve had lovely parents of course. My dad went over 20 years ago and my mum 5 years ago. I miss them dreadfully as I’m sure you miss your parents.
      I hope you keep on sharing about your life, your kindness shines through.
      Eve x
      @fishbone

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Lane
      Thank you for your really helpful reply. My osteopath is also a cranial therapist and last time I went she released some of the fear tension held from the RTC. It really wasn’t a major crash like some people have.
      While I was with her I couldn’t stop sobbing, didn’t expect that and embarrassed by it.
      I’m in agreement with you about body disharmony and I’m going to see her again next week. It’s expensive but I’ll mention your comments to her. She work externally on my jaw which is the side I have the worst T.
      I’ve also been seeing a homeopath who trying to calm the anxiety.
      If it wasn’t all so horrible it would be really fascinating.
      Eve x
      @Lane

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    23. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @fishbone ,
      I miss my parents so much..
      2 years for my dad and will be a year for my mum next month.
      Their home is going through with a house sale and sign tomorrow.
      Still sorting headstone out and hard emptying our family home .
      I know they are smiling down on us from above but I hurt so much inside and get really low times but I know it was because we loved them both so much and gave us a lovely upbringing and I think of them every day and hope over time the massive space in my life will take our family forwards with our granchildren and share our stories of old times.
      Love glynis x

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Glynis you'll also get a BIG hug from me :)

When I get the rare chance, to go to the cemetery to see my mom and dad, there is a lady there that arranged the funerals for both of them. 1 year later, I went to see my mom and dad and this lady had tears in her eyes. I looked into her eyes and then I took my fingers and wiped the tears from her eyes.

I asked, what is the problem? "she was like my mom has passed away". "I am broken and lost forever now". I took her hand and looked into her eyes and said "You did a GREAT JOB as a daughter", your mom was always proud of you and loves you more than ever. @glynis I can say the same for you and your folks are always proud and smile down from the heavens.

I told her that I will comfort her and be there for her always. BTW she is married and hates her husband..lol

After that one conversation we had 3 years ago, each time I see her, she's like thank you GOD my angel is here. She jumps up from her desk at work and holds me for a LONG time :)

I truly truly understand the pain that people face in this life I live. Whether it is from tinnitus, I come to support and love people or many other aspects of life.

Im kinda odd, I am the most fierce competitor (martial arts, sports) but I am so soft in wanting to support people and helping people. Sorry nanny, I know this is your thread.....bless all

PS-as you already know, EVE i'm always here for you as well. drop me a PM if you need support :)

• Like Like x 2
    25. TracyJS

TracyJS Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Eve,
      It isn’t stupid at all. And it’s ok to cry.
      It’s so hard when the anxiety is so intense.
      You had a trauma recently with your accident on top of what you were already dealing with.
      Other people are suffering, but you are suffering, too.
      Be kind toward yourself the way you are kind toward others.
      Tracy xx

• Like Like x 1
    26. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      I find your experience very interesting @Lane. Just not catching up on things here.

27. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello Holly
      How nice to hear from you. I’m feeling sorry for myself, tired and low mood, the usual. T is loud and intrusive, so wearying.
      How are you getting on with your symptoms?
      I haven’t got the oomph to do anything yet, two coffees on I still waiting for it!!!
      I’m not sure where you are? I’m in the UK and it’s becoming sunny now as it was for the wedding of Prince Harry and Megan Markle yesterday.
      Eve x

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    29. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Nanny chocolate I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling sad, I really hope your tinnitus will calm down. I'm doing well thanks, it's very up and down but today was a good day.

I'm in Australia, it's nearly Winter here so getting cold! I watched the Wedding and loved it! She is so pretty. Did you watch it? I thought her dress was a bit plain but other than that she looked lovely.

It's a lot of money spent on one Wedding though ! I couldn't help but think that money could help so many struggling people.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanny chocolate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh, Australia, I’ve never visited. That’s great, you’ve had a good day Holly.
      I’m depressed and not just about T I don’t think. Some days are better than others, today’s a down day. I live alone and sometimes that’s more difficult than others.
      I thought the wedding was lovely but it made me sad. The last wedding I went to was my son’s and I still had my Mum then.
      Megan’s dress was Givenchy, very beautifully cut. Harry looked wonderful and so happy.
      Eve xx
      @Holly1987

• Hug Hug x 1