Poll: Can You Modulate / Change Your Tinnitus by These Movements? (Somatic Tinnitus)

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Aug 31, 2018.

?

Can you modulate / change your tinnitus when you press or move the jaw / forehead / neck?

1. Yes, by clenching the jaw

2. Yes, by opening my mouth wide

3. Yes, by pressing on the forehead

4. Yes, by pressing on the back of the head / neck

5. Yes, by turning my head / neck

6. Not obviously / Not always, and it's difficult to track

7. I cannot modulate my tinnitus

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      In other words, if you consider the treatment hypothesis of signal timing by Dr. Susan Shore:

"Do you have somatic tinnitus?"

2. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      Clenching jaw slight modification, opening mouth and turning head more modification.

I can‘t do it by pressing on my forehead or neck, just if i push my jaw from beneath upwards.

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Mine gets louder when I thrust my lower jaw out.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      No change at all.

5. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I get the most obvious changes when I do that too, but instead of being a loudness change, it's a pitch change (higher pitch it seems).

6. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      This poll shows several common problems most probably somatic. To add, these things can pressure the cranial auditory nerve. I don't think that's there's any doubt that a lot of tinnitus is caused by occipital nerves that can alert other deep vertical fibers and facet joints. This isn't occipital neuralgia per say, but it is a close associated form of trauma that may have had infection influence, bad posture or an injury that could have had happened recently or a longtime ago.

One major influence: Occipital nerves 83%, facet joints 71% and lateral to the mouth and head 76% of the time and other neck muscles up to 50%. Facet joints can lead to occipital nerve fibers in the root of the mouth. This can be activated by the c1 and c2 axis where occipital nerve fibers and facet joints surround. This can also activate the TMJ joint and associate with neck muscles including the SCMs. The lateral temporal is activated 76% and the masseter 51% with influence.

This is all well supported by "Back in the Game" and other professional studies where I have given links. I started a therapy group from those who attended chiropractic and wellness therapy. We meet once as a group, but we keep in contact. There are nine of us. I asked all eight others several months ago to try the result treatment from these studies. It includes correct posture and movement. It also includes a series of stretching movements. Six of the nine members have tinnitus from 4 to 20 years. All have arthritis. All have severe tinnitus. Within three months all but one was able to lower their T to mild. I was able to lower my T from a 10 to a 2 for 4 straight days. Then I started forward bending and twisting my neck and now my T is severe again. BUT it does show that stuff mentioned above is a cause of volume even when there is hearing loss. It takes real dedication every day for this to work.

• Informative Informative x 1