Poll: Do You Know Anyone Whose Tinnitus Went Away?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kayla L, Apr 17, 2015.

?

Do you know anyone whose tinnitus went away?

1. Yes, went away in <6 months

2. Yes, went away in 6 months to a year

3. Yes, went away in over a year

4. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Jordyn
      Angelic

Jordyn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 10/17 - in remission, late July/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown - possibly earphones.
      mine went away. i think ive always had head noise but man it was disturbingly loud for about a month. it's back to normal now but i pay attn to it more now to check improvement or worsening of it. so far so good

2. Aficianado

Aficianado Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Mine went away in a little over a year.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How long did that period where you could hear it only in quiet rooms last for you?

4. Rick Garner
      Fine

Rick Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/ 2016 (T free since mid March 2017) 
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD (most probably)
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Aficianado

Aficianado Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I would say probably a month at the end. Before that it was reactionary, or rose above the ambient noise level, as well as being noticeable in a quiet room.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      It would be interesting to know that if those who's t did vanish over x amount of months, what the cause was

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Genius Genius x 1
    7. Mymlan

Mymlan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Interesting thread. I know one that had it for a year (TMJ and/or noise related), and another one who had it for two years before it vanished.

8. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I know a guy who had it because of high blood pressure, it went completely. Another guy had it because of jaw tension, went away completely.

I was also a guy who had it go completely, until one mistake (using headphones) made it come back 10x worse. Still here and worse than ever one year later.

9. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My loud, low, vibrating, washing machine type, unilateral sound went away after 3 weeks. Considering, that I had it in 2016, 2017, I expect it to come back later. I don't know what caused it, don't know why it went away. Interestingly, in 2018 when I did not have it, I was on a passive term at the university, so it might have some connection to stress and anxiety. I got floaters the same year, but months before the first tinnitus onset.
      My bilateral, ultra high frequency, metallic, shrill sound which I developed (or noticed) this year, the third week in not sleeping and freaking out about the low hum has been persistent for exactly 2 months now. (Anniversary today, yay!)

My friend's unilateral, whistle-like tinnitus caused by an ear infection went away after a debilitating 2,5 months battle. Took 4 ENTs to figure it out, that she in fact had ear infection...

My other friend's low, unilateral tinnitus went away in a month. But hers was caused by BP being all-over the place. She still has static, bilateral mild T, but doesn't get bothered by it much.

One of the ENTs I saw claimed that he had once Tinnitus for about a month, but by the time he decided to check it out, it had gone away. I don't know, whether this was true or just a story to calm down patients.

10. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      I knew 3 people who had tinnitus IRL. 2 of them still suffer and for one it was gone after one year. There is also the fact that it does not affect some people at all. I think it's more to the fact that they habituate.

Julian Cowan Hill is a snake oilist.

11. Mymlan

Mymlan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I agree.

• Like Like x 1
    12. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Like a lot of folks when I was in panic mode early on and wanting to walk off a building. I remember being so tired by not sleeping for 4 days, I almost fell on my face outside after acupuncture appointment. I was on YouTube, was pumping sounds in my ears not knowing I also had a form of hyperacusis at the time aggravating things. Then I landed on Julian's videos. If I used an Registered Message Therapist, to render Cranial Sacral, it was covered by my plan.

Of course it turned out to be horseshit.

I do like acupuncture, I get 2 hour treatments and cupping. Does not do much for tinnitus but relaxing all the same.

13. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I think the nature or severity of the tinnitus is relevant though.

I know people in real life who have tinnitus too. Two have mild tinnitus and one might have moderate tinnitus. All three habituated but imho, when it's loud and severe, I think it is much harder and I am skeptical of claims someone did who has it so severe. It is just natural for me and I can't help it.

14. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      I hear you, on my spazz days it gets quite intrusive.