Pressure in Back of Head on 4th Week

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dmitriy, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      In my 4th week after loud sound exposure I am starting to get pressure in the back of my head. Yesterday was really bad - pressure turned into tension headache. I checked my ears with ENT and they look good, no loss of hearing at the time of test. I suspect inner ear damage, and not sure who to talk to about that. ENT does not deal with inner ear, and neurologist will only deal with you if you have vertigo as result.

Anyone else who experienced back of the head pressure? What do you do? Did it also start few weeks after incident? Did it ever go away?

2. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      I experience this. NAC seems to lessen it. I don't know if it's directly associated to tinnitus in any way, but it could be a side effect from the tension of anxiety related to it. Mine hasn't fully resolved.

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I am sorry that you are getting this. I have been down this road before many times myself. I was on certain meds that gave me real bad headaches. Allergies also gave me bad headaches, I hope you feel better...

Also, stress and anxiety can possibly cause headaches as well. Tinnitus can do a lot to the human emotions....take care..

4. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      yeah i experienced this in the beginning. I remember the first few days i felt shifts in my brain (i know it sounds crazy but there is no other way to describe it) and tightness in the back of my head within that week or within the first few weeks. There really isnt much you can do unfortunately but just ride it out. It did go away. I no longer experience this. I even experienced tingling sensations as welll but have not experienced those in a long time either. Right now just hang in there...it gets better but you gotta give it time and try to get at least 8 hours of sleep. If you need tips on getting sleep let me know.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      Thanks for that. Last Sunday I didn't drink coffee and I am sure that exacerbated the headaches. Once the initial anxiety passed I am sleeping better, the T does not bother me at night as much. My wife mentioned I don't eat enought which may also be the cause for dizziness/headaches. She may be right - I lost 10lb over last 3 weeks, so I am trying to correct that.

I wonder what is going on inside the head to cause these sensations.

6. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      Its probably due to your brain changing..this happens with everyone that gets tinnitus..the brain is no longer receiving signals from your damaged ear hair cells. It is because of this that the brain gets stupid and tries to compensate for it which is why you hear a phantom sound. Its actually a lil more complicated than that but that is a very simple explanation of what is probably happening.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      On my 6th week, still pressure on back of the head that often becomes full headache. This sucks. I am getting MRI in 2 weeks to see if there is anything unusual going on there.

8. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      I used to have this pre-T and carbamezepine helped. Now I also get head pressure after being exposed to slightly loud/moderately loud/loud noises. It tends to linger for a while afterwards.