Probably the Worst Thing That Can Happen!

Discussion in 'Support' started by JoshuaD2002, Jul 20, 2018.

1. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      I think hes trying to get a certain response, reassurance, hear what he wants to hear. instead of listening to actual advice. i feel for him, i do! hes so young. it must be shitty but he really needs to calm down. obsession is making it waaaay worse. I did that at first and it really leads nowhere good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm so annoyed and sad. So I've woken up this morning and it's still there so I've panicked. And just 10 minutes ago the worst thing happened. There was some motorbike going past so I plugged my ears, and for some reason my finger was wet (sweat) and I was chewing on something and... I can't believe what happened I'm in total shock...

That liquid pop/bang that I've mentioned before, happened! I can't believe it. For those who don't know what I mean, when there is liquid in the ear canal, sometimes I get a seemingly loud pop when my finger moves out. It's happened again. The tinnitus is just roaring now. Help.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's really really loud
      What have I done?
      I've made it worse with a liquid pop in the ear.
      How did this even begin with a quiet 8 kHz tone. Might have to see an ENT urgently because it's so loud and I don't know what I've done.

4. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      Why do you ignore people's comments about you needing to talk with a psych counselor. An ENT won't be able to help you. A therapist can. You need to stop ruminating over your tinnitus and every little change you convince yourself of. Listen to Ed209 and other experts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Yo-Han

Yo-Han Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I can REASSURE you this pop is NOTHING. Its just some minor suction effect that 'seems' loud. Sometimes the ear drum while move a bit outwards cause of this. Your ears are designed to do that! They just try to equalise pressure. What your fingers do here is minor compared to pressure changes in your ear while flying, or diving for ex.

If i wiglle my fingers in my ears my T will react too. You are focusing on your T with severe OCD like reactions and thats why it keeps spiking. High anxiety and T is no fun combination , we get that and we know that by experience. Please follow the advise of the other members!

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No no no this pop is not the typical middle ear pressure pop, it's an actual pop made by liquid in my ear canal, like a bubble popping in my ear canal. Still nothing to worry about?

This tinnitus is unlike anything I've experienced. Please read post regarding me testing 8khz. Please tell me whether you think this is dangerous.

7. Yo-Han

Yo-Han Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Ive read all your reply's.

If you really think there's fluids behind your ear drum, you should visit a doktor to check your ears and eardrum. He'll shine a light in there and tell you its nothing 99% out of a 100!

Or you might be right and it might be caused by an infection or eustachian tube (ET) problems. ET problems can cause weird squeeky sounds.
      Or it might just be you thinking everything in your ear is going wrong or off. You said wet fingers anyway. I do that in the shower on occasion, no problems ever!
      You're mostly in denial of everything said here. That's clear. So go visit that doktor or therapist. Sorry to be a lil rude on that.
      Tinnitus can have so many reasons to spike (even without certain sound exposure).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm sorry but there appears to be confusion. I'm not talking about fluid behind my eardrum, I'm talking about when the ear canal is wet and finger movements within the canal (e.g. plugging it then moving your finger or jaw, causes a loud water bang from the ear canal). I'm talking about a loud POP of liuqid before the eardrum, if the canal is wet after a shower for example, plugging my ears by pushing in that hit of skin before the canal and then releasing it causing a loud pop in the canal.

Anyone else experienced this?

It happened this morning and this loud tinnitus is worse.

I want to hear your opinion specifically on the 8KHz testing. This all started after I did that.

9. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      dude. first of all, stop putting your fingers in your ears. get earplugs! Are you even reading the responses cause it really seems like you're not. you need to calm down! your nerves are making all this worse. a motorbike outside of your house is not going to hurt your ears!! wear earplugs that way if there is an unexpected noise you have the comfort of knowing that you're protected. you really need to chill.

it might be loud but it's not going to damage your ears. your reaction to it is what is making your tinnitus spike.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Panic is intensifying. The water popping in ear canal has clearly had an effect. It's loud. This isn't good at all.

11. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      it's loud because your panic is intensifying...

12. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      I'd be more worried about plugging my ears with my fingers than a motorcycle sound. Here's my opinion...is it dangerous? In my opinion, potentially yes. I am personally very averse to putting things in my ears.

People keep telling you to stop, not just me. So stop. Buy ear muffs/plugs or get your parents to buy you some.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. Yo-Han

Yo-Han Member

Tinnitus Since:

Then we are back at my first reply here. Nothing but a little bit of suction caused by the water and you removing or moving your finger or that ear lobe. I can not add anothing more to this topic. My opinion on low level(loudness wise) frequency tests is that it doesn't harm you at all... stressing and obsessing is notoroius for making T worse, and that's what you are doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's my Dad's birthday today, so we went out to a restuaraunt for dinner. No way I could just not go. I did bring a type of ear plug, one you can mesh into a shape and put in your ear. To be honest, it was very uncomfortable so I ended up not wearing them and instead folding my earlobes over my ear canal, which is partially effective. This restauraunt wasn't too loud to begin with, until a bunch of loud people turned up, so I spent 10 minutes in the toilet and sat with my earlobes covering my ears for the rest, so I'm hoping this hasn't contributed.

Otherwise, I'm still so concerned and confused over how this all started from a 8KHz sound for not that long and at an extremely low volume.

15. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      does anyone else feel like hes not listening at all? earplugs are not comfortable at first. keep using them.. theyre are a heck of a lot safer than keeping messing with your ear, which you are doing.

i dont think it started from that, i think it started from you obsessing over every little thing.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      why would plugging ears be dangerous then? Explain? I do it to check tinnitus. I just did and I did panic over a joint click in my finger in my ear, but surely this can't be dangerous? I'm scared.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Can't help but feel this liquid bang in my ear has made it permanent. It's still bad.

18. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      In the future, when you have to remove anything (e.g., a finger or an earplug) from your ear, do it very slowly.
      Wait a month. If you don't experience any fading, Then it would make sense to worry about this.
      I couldn't disagree more. In my experience, whenever the source of the noise is right at the ear, it is serious. This sort of exposure gave T to me, and other similar exposures gave me some of my longest spikes (one lasting over three months).
      Earplugs take time to be inserted. They also take time to expand. Sometimes one needs to protect oneself from noise on the spot. In that case, it is a good idea to press on the tragus (as opposed to sticking fingers into ears). This way the chance of getting an ear infection is minimized, and it is as effective as sticking fingers into ears.
      Yes, it could take over three months for it to calm down again. The good news is that most likely this spike is not going to be permanent.
      If you were Really committed to doing everything you can to not let your T get louder, you would find a way to not go.
      I can understand doing things by accident, but here you are deliberately taking risks. If you don't care about whether or not you get a spike, then why should the people on this forum care?!
      Your fingers have bacteria on them. If you introduce bacteria into your ear, you can get an ear infection, and that could end up in a disaster.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well Bill yes the source of the sound was at the canal but it obviously depends on what sound this is. A balloon popping next to the canal is worse than water popping in the canal.

Feeling quite down because it's 2 days since I did the test and still it loud in the left ear.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am panicking like hell. Bills' post certainly didn't help and didn't make sense, because it depends on what sound it is as to whether it's dangerous next to or in the ear canal.

This ringing Is really loud and it's been 2 days since my frequency, which I don't even get how that started this.

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well I'm feeling pretty lost right now. It's very loud ringing, and I'm just so worried.

Remember, the reason I was doing the frequency test in the first place was because I've essentially noticed a loss of high frequency hearing in the left for some reason. Which makes me think it's due to the football incident, which happened over a month ago, where a football the left ear hard. Or the school bell incident. For whatever reason, I suddenly can't hear 8kHz as well in the left as I can the right.

My mind is racing. What if this tinnitus is actually the hearing loss from the football?? Then again that was a while back. But again, this all started after the frequency test itself. But I don't understand why the 8KHz would do this. Why is 8KHz quieter in my left ear? What has happened. Could hearing loss actually be the cause? But again it started after the frequency testing.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I can't just stop putting my fingers in my ears when I need to check the tinnitus. I need to do it. Obviously I will not do it with wet hands and will make sure they are clean.

It's really bad it's actually WORSE. My fingers do sometimes make clicky noises when in my ears but I don't expect that to cause an issue.

IT'S SO LOUD WTF IS GOING ON. The football incident? The bell? The 8KHZ? Water popping in ear canal? IM NOT EVEN 16. This should not be happening.

23. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      This really frustrates me. You really don't read what I say to you. What is the point if you don't listen to me?

See? I already told you. You just don't listen.

Reasons to not plug your ears:

1. You can (potentially not guaranteed) cause rapid pressure changes in your ears. Barotrauma can cause tinnitus.

2. You can (potentially not guaranteed) give yourself an ear infection. Ear infections can cause tinnitus.

3. You can (potentially not guaranteed) impact ear wax or hurt your eardrum. Impacted ear wax and damaged eardrums can cause tinnitus.

4. You can (potentially not guaranteed) cause popping sounds that sound very loud next to your eardrum. Loud sounds generated within the ear canal, have made tinnitus worse for some but not all members.

In my humble opinion, OPINION, I am not a medical professional, loud popping noises next to your eardrum is more dangerous than a drive by motorcycle, a hearing test, yelling, yogurt cracking etc.

It's so difficult to help you at this point. I can't keep up with what is going on because even in your previous thread you were ignoring important questions asked by others and burying them with more freak outs.

Have you been on any medication at, or after, onset of tinnitus? Never saw an answer to this. Some medications can cause tinnitus.

Also stress, certainly to such a level you experience now, can cause tinnitus.

Nothing I/we say will ever make you feel better. Your cause is unknown so 1. See ENT/audiologist 2. See a therapist 3. Get support from your family.

You admitted you chronically suffer from depression and anxiety already so I am baffled why you haven't done the above already.

This is my last post for a while. My chronic pain is starting to flare again and I'm not wasting my remaining energy on someone who ignores my posts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well I sincerely hope liquid popping in the canal, which many people will actually get when massaging the ear after applying olive oil, isn't that dangerous. The sound of a yogurt pot snapping hurts alot more, so I think there might be a perception element.

Anyone want to chime in on this liquid popping in the ear thing? Anyone who has experienced it and your opinion on whether it's dangerous?

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Furthermore I haven't found anyone here who describes a popping liquid in the ear so by "sounds produced in the ear canal" are you describing other, more loud, sounds

26. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It depends on the sound's volume.
      It is not dangerous for people with healthy ears. It might be dangerous for someone who is already suffering from T.
      Once I pulled out an earplug too fast. If I remember correctly, the resulting noise caused a spike that had lasted for over a week.

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is really bothering me Bill. Basically my ears get clogged with wax very easily and quickly, so I've been constantly told that I need to be using olive oil. So, we did. Got my mum to a put a tiny bit in (The ear with current tinnitus). She was very careful but again I did get a slight popping sound from the oil as the pippete moved. Thing is, this has happened to me and many others loads. I really hope this isn't bad. The pop seemed kinda loud but not too loud. To be honest it's not that easy to apply oil without some kind of noise happening. Hope I'm okay because again I'm pretty sure it's affected the Tinnitus.

28. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If it was slight, then surely you don't need to worry about it. When I pulled out that earplug too fast, the popping sound was surprisingly loud and disturbing.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just can't see how it could be dangerous
      Right, another flipping emergency situation.

There was so noise coming from somewhere, and I absolutley freaked out and thought it was a new tinnitus, so I only when and plugged my ears but pushing in the flaps of skin, in complete panic I promise it was like a default action, and when I let go, A LIQUID POP in the left from the olive oil. UGH NO!

I've really analysed this and it sounds pretty loud but it doesn't hurt me like other loud sounds do, which means I don't know if it's actually dangerous, but now my ringing is super loud, again whether thats anxiety or the fact that its night and it seems to worsen then I have no idea but now the tinnitus is really loud. Is this seriously dangerous, this liquid popping? It seems really loud but it doesn't actually hurt, which is making me think it's more perception. It didn't actually hurt my ear at all. HELP

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Oh my god I'm so angry. I can't believe this liquid pop happened again. It did seem loud, being in my ear canal, but technically this is a quiet sound that seems loud because it's in the ear. For example, a balloon popping would obviously be far different next to the ear then whatever this liquid sound is. I'm so sad the tinnitus is actually super loud now.