Probably the Worst Thing That Can Happen!

Discussion in 'Support' started by JoshuaD2002, Jul 20, 2018.

1. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      I honestly dont think he reads any posts we write.

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      why is your earlobe folded into your ear? that sound painful to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma
      I think something else is going on here...
      I could be wrong, but I think this individual is taking advantage of peoples good nature for his own entertainment purposes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    4. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      ive been thinking that could be the case,too!!! i feel like he's messing with people. it seems to be the same story all the time. and no logical responses.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm very insulted. Not the case. I do read them all. I am here because I have chronic anxiety currently about tinnitus. Some silly person at school clapped next to hear loudly yesterday + brother scream yesterday. I have a new tone in the right ear this time.

6. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I am starting to think he is a troll. Every time someone gives him a concrete response that makes sense and is good advice he doesn't respond or comment. Only when people respond with more questions does he bait the person to continue to responding to him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    7. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      READ MY POST.

You admit you are having anxiety issues. It is time to see a mental professional.

8. Wolfears

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you really "read them all" as you claim, I find it rather interesting that you never seem to take anyone's advice and just keep going on and on about the same stuff...much like a broken record.
      Hmmmmmm

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Look I'm not a troll. Just had an accident where I played a video and my phone was accidentally full volume (A glitch I believe). I'm not a troll.

10. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Seek help from a professional.

11. Wolfears

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah...you always seem to have some kind of an "accident" or incident, but when people give you concrete advice you never follow it or even acknowledge it.

I think you are now starting to realize that the party is over
      You can pull wool over people's eyes only for so long, before they realize what you are..
      You had your fun, time to move on bud.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just played another video and my phone glitched to full volume again. Twice in 5 minutes.

13. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think you are a troll and will no longer be responding to this thread, but if by the off chance you're not I will say this.

You have said multiple times in previous posts that you have mental issues. No one here can help you with your mental health issues. You need to go and talk to a psychiatrist to get better.

14. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      yep!!!

15. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      totally agree.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I guess I need to address this properly.

I am not a troll. I promise. I'm not having fun at all. I would never ever try and make fun of imitate this condition. I am suffering from it. There have been many saying I need to get help. This is where you are not reading my posts. I have been on the waiting list for CBT for some time and I have spoken to a councillor about OCD, which I began to develop at just 7, shortly after my sister had a brain tumour and my life was turned upside down. The fact some of you have suggested I'm joking around, and to see how many have agreed, is saddening and distressing.

You really think, at a time where I have my GCSEs coming up, I would come to a tinnitus forum and lie. I'm not that bored. I have something to confess. I'm pretty sure I've not mentioned it in a single post. It's time to say it. I have hypochondria. A subset of OCD. It developed in July 2017, but I've had other OCD issues for nearly 10 years. This year alone has been filled with panic attacks as I fear the worst. I have lost everything - or at least this is how it seems. Friends, grades, love.

I'm not avoiding your answers. I am reading them. All of them. The reason my responses don't reflect my acknowledgement of your responses is because they are out of my head within minutes. The focus changes. I want reassurance from others because I have become too rational to tell myself. For example, whether damage was done from X incident. Like the earlobe suction from my pillow this morning and the loud middle ear popping that happened earlier - now I hear an air leakage and new tone. I just want an honest simple answer so I can get on with my day. It's OCD. I have to see others say it's okay before I'm okay.

Pretty gutted you all feel this way. @Jack Straw @JuneStar

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    18. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      we're not the only ones saying this..

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I should be ashamed of myself... are you... serious? I've responded with my explanation. You still persist in being hostile.

20. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      I never said you should be ashamed of yourself. i want the best for you. I never called you a troll either. It just seems like you dont listen to people's advice. that you ignore what people say as you never respond to any advice you are given. I am also a slight hypochondriac. so I know how easy it is to obsess every time youre exposed to a loud noise. it sucks!! the thing that has concerned me the most is how you said that you hate your brother. I am very sorry about your sister. I went through severe familial illnesses too and am also a hypochondriac from it. if you say you are not messing with us then I believe you.

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Funny how a little bit of background and you tone it down 5 notches.

22. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you have OCD and hypochondria, you need to STOP coming on forums looking up stuff for health stuff and STOP looking for reassurance constantly. By constantly asking us the same questions and looking for reassurance from us for the SAME questions, you are making your OCD worse. You need to resist (easier said than done) the urge to check and seek reassurance for things. Seeing a therapist will help you greatly.

The reason I thought / think you are a troll is because you never responded to my concrete response to you. Why not?You just kept doing exactly what everyone is suggesting against. Once you get to see a therapist you will start to feel better. Regardless, I am leaving this thread because as i suspected we are doing more harm to you than good.

Best of luck and I hope you get better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    23. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      same

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's these constant incidents that brings me back. On Thursday, some kid clapped loudly and he was right next to my right ear. That evening, the scream from my brother. Here's what I think is significant: a suction from my ear on the pillow Friday morning. I remember clearly it was my earlobe creating the suction. No earfullness experience but pretty sure I noticed something new at that point. This morning I've really messed things up. I was checking the tinnitus by plugging my ears (You know by pushing in that flap of skin before the ear canal) and about 3 times this morning ive created a liquid pop when releasing my fingers.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Again if anyone knows what I mean let me know. Pushing in those flaps of skin to plug your ears, then letting go and hearing a loud pop from moisture within the ear. I've just done it to myself 3 times this morning. The thing with my OCD is I have to do this to check my ears, even though there's a risk of this liquid pop. 3 times...

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have been hearing, mainly since the suction earlobe thing yesterday morning, an air leaking sound. I'm scared to understands that someone on another thread said this was acoustic trauma! So this earlobe suction gave me acoustic trauma? How? No pain of muffled hearing or fullness so surely it's not?

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I tell a lie..

My right ear is feeling quite full but this has been going on longer than the incidents. I'm pretty sure my middle ear pressure is playing up because I'm hearing alot of estuachian tube sounds. Anyway fullness is supposed to be accompanied by muffled hearing if it's a trauma...? Right?

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Oh great my dog just barked a meter from me

What chance do I actually have of recovery at this point

29. Blue28
      Doubtful

Blue28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from Microsuction
      I agree it's dangerous but not just for tinnitus sufferers. I didn't have tinnitus or hyperacusis or hearing loss before having microsuction... After the procedure I now have all three! My life (and hearing) has been ruined due to microsuction. I think that the medical profession seriously need to review the use of microsuction.

• Informative Informative x 1
    30. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced