Prof. Thanos Tzounopoulos Receives $2 Million Grant

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Jack Straw, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing and now somatic T dental work
      In simple words without posting more supporting articles/links, the technical world needs to find better radiological methods to study small nerve fibers both motor and sensory within cranial networks that lead to other small nerve fibers networks that also lead to the ears and brain.

There has been good mapping studies from brilliant researchers on lack of blood flow of major arteries for a second causing tinnitus, TMD and most other causes of tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert with ear plugs
      I hope Lenire works. It will be a better option. Drugs can have serious and permanent side effects after long term use.

• Agree Agree x 4
    3. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      True and it was only a few years ago that the leading tinnitus researchers even agreed that tinnitus was a brain condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Trobalt really helped me when I took it. I was lucky to not have any permanent side effects (that I know of). If there was a potassium channel opener with fewer side effects I'd take it.
      To get through all phases of FDA trials and be approved for prescriptions, most drugs take a minimum of 10 years. So you aren't too far off.

• Agree Agree x 2