Progressive Tinnitus Worst Nightmare

Discussion in 'Support' started by tinnitussufferer, Jun 19, 2015.

1. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      What is even worse than tinnitus going on forever, is tinnitus which gets progressively worse. It can happen and I have gone through it. Even Mr nagler who has had excruciating tinnitus for many years, recently reported that it got even worse. There was absolutely no apparent reason for why he was made to suffer like this.

From what I understand TRT is not designed to deal with such severe cases.

So what relief is there? what hope is there when you do your very best to prevent any worsening yet it still decides to get even louder for no good reason? why is life so cruel?

2. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      There are no answers to these questions.

It's mother nature.

Life isn't fair.

You make most of it. That's it.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      tinnitus is scary. we will never hear silence ever again. we cant escape the noise no matter where we go or what we do. It will haunt us for the rest of our life. This makes me so anxious

4. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Maybe in our next life we find peace?

5. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      This is my T is just worsens and volume keeps going up with no stop this is real hell...

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      what everyday?

7. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah and once you get a few of these worsening episodes you really get freaked out. Mines easily 100x worse than it was at onset, hope I've plateaued. You give some respect to the condition once you've been really humbled by it. At the beginning I could turn the TV on, run a fan or just go out and do something for relief, I would give anything to get back to that.

I think if your T gets drastically worse there is usually a reason for it though, mine was barotrauma, too many ototoxic drugs at once with a lot of sudden hearing loss followed by noise exposure.

8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Trobalt for tinnitus, keppra for hyperacusis and reactive tinnitus. And some travel sickness tablets seem to helps as they work on the calcium channels.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      theres no evidence of the drugs you mention. we dont even know how tinnitus works. just because somebody takes kepla and says they feel better is not the way we test drugs. we need proper studies done.

10. MrNobody
      Angry

MrNobody Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I empathise so much ! I have only had my Tinnitus ( T) since April this year . It has been 24/7 . I had a mental breakdown in June because of it . I came very close to suicide .VERY close . Only the love of my wife saved me . Between then and now I have been through hell . Crying all the time , not eating or sleeping .I lost 30 Lbs in weight.
      I have been unable to listen to the radio or watch tv because the T just got louder when i tried.
      Between then and now I have given up trawling websites for a cure . There is none.
      The good news was that I had gradually gotten used to T and only last week found myself not thinking of of it for hours on end . I could watch tv again etc !
      Then a few of days ago my T suddenly changed to a massive pure feedback tone and also spread to my good ear ! Loud is not the word to describe it.It is beyond loud .
      After all that time habituating ! I had only just started to live again, sleep and eat . I even said to my wife " I have finally beaten T "
      Why oh why did I say that? How could I be so dumb as to think it was over ? Idiot ! I am devastated.

Last night the tone in my head was so bad , so loud I once again had thoughts of suicide .It is still raging this morning. I lay awake all night worrying. What if this is just the start? How bad will it get? What if the MRI proves I have a tumour? I have all the symptoms of an AN tumour !
      I feel i will go insane if it does not stop soon . I am not coping .
      This had to be one of ghe most cruel illnesses possible. It has taken all the joy from my life.If has stolen my future.
      I am so scared about how bad it will get .

11. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      MrNobody, Telis, Geo, Tinnitussufferer, Atlantis, Ruben Ruiz Are you wearing earplugs to block noise over 85 db to protect your ears? That means wearing earplugs a lot. Have you tried LLLT from Dr. Wilden or other infrared laser resources to heal your ears?