Prolotherapy?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Nina Saleh, Dec 20, 2017.

1. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Yeah, Wheaton again. I would have to fly to Hauser and his prices are so high. Well if I knew it would help for sure the all cash wouldn't bother me. I should ask about PRP prices...maybe that would be more effective? Yeah this noise is very bad. I would only wish it on my worst enemy :). Only for a day or so though so they would understand the misery.

I woke up earlier this morning and my noise wasn't bad at all, almost quiet. Then I fell asleep again and woke up to current loud noise, mainly left ear. Maybe I was clenching? Or just loud awakening tinnitus from deeper sleep? I lost my newest $2800 sleep appliance somehow? Replacement is $500 which I thought was pretty decent. I have never lost appliance before. Getting a new one fitted on 9-20. They still have latest mold which was from earlier this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    3. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      No no you don't need an ENT...

I have had TMJD for many years, i also had a jaw surgery which messed me up. I could have been very sensitive to loud noises but didn't notice it....now I do after a loud music trauma. But before that I used to have a low tinnitus and now it has gone wild, very loud. I have ear pain but not reacting from noises...and fullness.

4. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think I will be trying Prolotherapy to my neck and also try to practice better posture. The symptoms in this video sound like mine, although I don't seem to get headaches.

https://www.caringmedical.com/contact-us/

• Informative Informative x 1
    5. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 2
    6. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 2
    7. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
    8. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      They are so expensive and not knowing if they will help? I can't believe what they charge. If it would make me better it would be worth it. Everyone seems to want to take your money whether it helps or not. I'm going to try diazepam plus Arches Stress Formula for now.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      The one in Chicago, it's cheaper than in FL.

• Informative Informative x 1
    10. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      @just1morething,

You should try PRP or maybe the stem cells.

In Chicago they will charge you 250.00 for the appointment vs. Florida's 375.00.

11. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Anyone have any updates on this?

12. foam

foam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I saw a video on this today.. Very compelling. I believe my tinnitus is directly related to this ligament problem

13. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think I will have 3 injections of prolotherapy into my left TMJ and see what happens. Static noise in left ear is driving me batty. I might also have a repeat steroid injection into my left TMJ If pain management Dr. can switch with a lower back injection.

• Like Like x 1
    14. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Now my right ear is hissing like crazy. Might be hard to get relief unless there is jaw misalignment.

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      Anything new on prolotherapy? Did you ever get it done on your neck?

16. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had it done into my left TMJ last. I almost fell off the table, it was so painful. Also it was all cash. I had prolotherapy to my neck years ago but it didn’t help my tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      Okay. Thank you for getting back to me.

I have had tinnitus after injuring my neck in 2017; also had an MRI for the injury, got tinnitus 2 days after the MRI. So not really sure which one caused the tinnitus.

So tired of dealing with this nonstop noise and having to be sedated to sleep :sleep:

I live in Canada, so a clinic in Minnesota would be a better option for me than Florida. I will need to learn more about prolotherapy and cervical instability.

• Genius Genius x 1
    18. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I live in southern Minnesota and had prolotherapy done by Dr. Wheaton by Lake Minnetonka. It is very painful whether it be your neck or TMJ. It is experimental according to insurance companies, that’s why it’s not covered.

Your TMJ is more likely to cause your tinnitus in my opinion. I used a jaw advancer last night and seem better today. My left jaw doesn’t crunch and my tinnitus is better. My elastic mandibular advancer looks like picture below.

IMG_0120.png

19. Cher2

Cher2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      When you had prolotherapy for your neck, was it strictly to see if it would help tinnitus or was it for another issue, like arthritis?

20. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It was more for tinnitus. My tinnitus is very bad right now. Left TMJ prolotherapy was even more painful than prolotherapy for my neck. I now think my left ear noise is from my left TMJ being inflamed, as it is bone on bone. I see a jaw surgeon in Arkansas August 1st. I even have a little pain in my left jaw, especially if I use an EarPopper. This noise is tough to endure. My bad left jaw is on the right side of picture below:

IMG_0666.png

• Hug Hug x 2
    21. LilSass
      Loved

LilSass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely ototoxic medication
      Hey @Sonic17.

Not sure where in Canada you reside, but in Mississauga there is an orthopedic surgeon (Heal Sports Medicine) that performs prolotherapy and PRP (see link below). I have had a consultation with him for my thumb (covered by OHIP) and scans indicate tendonitis. He quoted me $200 for the prolotherapy with dextrose and said that one treatment should work; $500 for one treatment of PRP. Still not sure if I want to go ahead with it, might try Shock Wave Therapy first (under Physiotherapists).

I am seeing Dr. Kramarachuk again for a consultation on my left neck/shoulder chronic pain with cervicogenic migraines. Still hoping that my new upper cervical chiropractor can help (I had success and was 90% pain/migraine free until covid vax back in Fall 2021). I have also started Shock Wave Therapy for my left shoulder, which has been greatly affected by the C1 subluxation. I really hope the other therapies will help and I'm not too keen on having needles poked into my neck! It's worth a consultation and scans, as it is covered by OHIP.

I've also included the link for the Rapid Access Clinic in Mississauga; I went in for X-rays and ultrasound on both hands and was done within 1/2 hours (oh, and my appointment was scheduled in less than a week, they also take walk-ins for X-rays).

If any of these treatments would help my tinnitus, I would be happily surprised. Right now pain is my main issue.

I hope that this information will help someone else. Best of Luck!