Prom

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (Archived Answers)' started by kaitlyn, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not accepting new questions.
    Dismiss Notice
tinnitus forum
    1. kaitlyn
      Cloud9

kaitlyn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/14
      hi dr. nagler, I have prom coming up and idk what to do. I want to go but I'm hesitant because of the loud music there. I'm not sure what to do... what do you think? thanks for your time.

Kaitlyn

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994

Hi Sweet Kaitlyn -

Prom is one of the most glorious times in the life of of a high school girl - or guy. You should absolutely go. And you should absolutely look forward to going as well.

So here's what I'd do ...

Get a whole bunch of multi-colored earplugs and bring 'em with you. Wear your own earplugs throughout the evening ... and if any of your friends are curious, offer a pair to them as well. Make a fashion statement!!!! :)

Kaitlyn, it is possible that your ears might temporarily ring a little more after prom because of the loud music - in spite of your wearing earplugs. But the earplugs will prevent the loudness of the music from causing any actual damage to your auditory system - and your tinnitus will settle back down in a while. Of course it's even more likely that your tinnitus won't increase at all. I just don't want you to be surprised if it does. Either way, you'll be fine. So don't give it another thought.

One more thing -

I do not charge anybody for the advice I give here on the Doctors' Corner. But I'm making an exception in your case. Yup, I'm charging you. In return for the information above, I want you to have the best time ever, and post a photo of yourself in your prom dress so we can all ooooh and ahhhh! That's my charge.

Be well. And thanks for posting such a good question.

Dr. Stephen Nagler

• Like Like x 4