Read This Success Story Carefully — It Could Help You

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Roger W, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Milky Way

Milky Way Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Caused by stress and music as far as I know
      Hi Roger, I am using the garlic mullein oil based on your recommendation. Its been less than 10 days and I can say without a doubt that it has alleviated to some extent the harshness of my tinnitus. For this I am extremely grateful as it is the first ray of hope I’ve ever had in my ever deteriorating tinnitus since 2011. My left ear feels less inflamed, more resilient to noise too. Thank you for this! I will keep updating in the future.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    2. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      Thank you both, I will try it stat and report back. Health hacking is low risk and high hope! Cheers to your reduced tinnitus.

• Useful Useful x 1
    3. Ron Robles
      Confused

Ron Robles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 4 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Hi Roger, my name is Ron Robles from Tucson Arizona, I have had pulsating tinnitus for the last three years. Probably due to medication after open heart surgery or listening to music.

What is this garlic thing you're using? Has it helped you? What kind of tinnitus were you hearing?

4. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How many days before you noticed a difference?

5. Milky Way

Milky Way Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Caused by stress and music as far as I know
      It took me no more than 3 days really. It is less obvious now as my tinnitus is still very difficult to cope with the cold winter here but definitely helped me. I think long term daily application of the ear drops will help to unclog my ear furthermore, and thus the oil will be able to penetrate deeper in the ear canal.

6. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      @Lane, did you ever try this? Anyone else try this Mullein-Garlic Oil?

7. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I did try it several months ago, and I recall it seemed to mildly spike my tinnitus for a couple hours or so. Then on the 3rd or 4th day, I noticed a subtle softening. I used it regularly for a few weeks, and then dropped it. I've been meaning to give it another go around. Will report back when I do. -- Just to mention, besides this product having the potential to treat any kind of infection, it also has the ability to soften wax and make it easier to remove.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I’ll give it a go as I definitely have some inflammation happening and feels like ETD.

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    9. Hamsti

Hamsti Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Everything, I suppose. Stress, high cholesterol, TMJ...
      I wanted to buy it, but the shipping costs to Germany are horrendous. Does someone know where I can purchase this in Europe?

10. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      Here is the ingredient label. Maybe just try oil and chopped garlic to infuse it.

garlic.jpg

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    11. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @Lukee -- I tried this again (Mullein-Garlic Oil) and pretty much had the same experience. After just a couple of days, I experienced a noticeable softening of my tinnitus, and now seems to be at a lower threshold than previously. Given the subtleties of tinnitus, sometimes it takes a couple of trial runs to get a truer sense of whether something is working or not.

It seems to be working for me, which could indicate I may have some kind of low-grade infection going on in my ears. Regardless of what may be going on, I like the fact that doing these drops 2-3x a week keeps my ear wax from drying out and causing problems, and I think it helps protect me from any number of infections that could arise, including COVID-19.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. lucy_snow

lucy_snow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss/ibuprofen
      Hi, try to buy it on iHerb.com, the shipping should not be so horrendous :)

• Like Like x 1
    13. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      I found a german alternative brand, but no shipping yet (other than from India/US): Dr.Willmar Schwabe Germany Mullein Oil.

Edit: Ended up ordering from iHerb (not sure where they are shipping from, I reckon US, but it said taxes and fees included when you select the DPD delivery option for 6 Euros). Delivery expected 5th of May-ish.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    14. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Update:

Received my package. 6 euros to get it to Europe. I will report back once I have started using it.

So @Milky Way, how deep in the ear do I need to put these drops? :D Do they need to hit the eardrum?

• Like Like x 2
    15. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      How are you doing so far? Do you think the Mullein-Garlic Oil has been helping? I think it helps if the problem is external and not internal (earwax buildup, eardrum infection) but who knows. Anything is possible.

16. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      I just did my fourth application of the Mullein-Garlic Oil. The bottle says 2 drops 2 to 3 times a day. No immediate effect as far as I can tell.

Disclaimer: my tinnitus is a weird one. I can more or less sit in a completely quiet room and only have a bit of static.

It is only when I don't enrich my right ear with white noise during the night that I will end up having a low (very annoying) buzz during the day. Not sure if the (stinky imho) Mullein-Garlic Oil is able to do something about that as I still don't know what is causing the low buzz.

So I m probably not the best subject for this test - I m just at a point where I m throwing everything at the problem.

• Like Like x 3
    17. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Garlic is an antihistamine.

Could it be improving your tinnitus via cochlea histamine receptors?