Reiki Treatment, Anyone Tried It?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Richard zurowski, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Anyone tried Reiki treatment.

2. snow86
      Surrender

snow86 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 - Extreme T since 12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      see "information" on profile page. Crippled by extreme T
      Don't waste your money. Someone touching your head is not a treatment :)

Self relaxation/awareness training like qi-gong or autogenic training is one thing and it works for many people... but having someone just touch your head because you believe him to have healing powers. That's not something you need to waste your money on. Hocus pocus.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Yes, I have tried reiki. It was very relaxing and calming, but I'm afraid it didn't help my tinnitus.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Karen @snow86. I suppose when a person uses any type of health treatments and see an improvement in there symptoms they maybe experiencing the placebo effect.

5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @Richard zurowski ,

Yes, I think it is possible that any improvement could be due to a placebo effect. Or, it may depend upon the type of tinnitus one has.

As for me, I have both hissing tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus. In the beginning, I was really desperate, and tried a lot of different types of therapy. For me, none of them worked, although they did help me calm down. That was worth a lot in itself, as I was very panicky back then!

If you do decide to try reiki, I'll be interested in hearing how it works for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Getting tinnitus treated using Reiki is about as probable as getting dead from the five point palm exploding heart technique.

• Funny Funny x 1
    7. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      If we are desperate we will try anything that won't kill us.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Carolyn

Carolyn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/02/1968
      I know your post is from a long time ago Richard, but yes I have tried Reiki & it's definitely helped, but not yet cured. I have used it in conjunction with Bowen Therapy... the therapist for both is the same person.

She advertises & runs a business with her B.T. She does NOT advertise or push Reiki, I asked her if she knew who did Reiki on my 1st B.T. session with her & she answered that she did as an automatic response, not as an upsell of her abilities. I have had tinnitus for more than 5 years, when I 1st had it, it was at screaming levels, especially between 2am & 4am, it would wake me from sleep.

I saw a doctor about it, she suggested I take 5 days of Sudafed & use a nasal wash, that did help a little, at least to the point where where it didn't wake me in the wee hours most nights.

I then tried acupuncture... again, I had I got a little more relief.

Then I met my Bowen Therapist / Reiki Practitioner & I have been really WOWED by the results.
      I went to her for a bad back believe it or not, & now my ears are way improved!
      I have actually had some truly quiet times... only for a minute or 2... what a blessing!

Generally the tinnitus has way lowered in pitch, although it often ramps up around 3pm.
      It's an ongoing process, my practitioner & I are hoping for a total cure, but if I don't get it, then I'm pretty happy with how I am feeling at the moment.

I have only been seeing this person for roughly 9 months & the difference she has made to me has been nothing short of amazing, I can live with my ears happily, my back is GREAT, I am feeling physically mentally, emotionally, spiritually healthy. It has been a process, & not cured in 1 or 2 goes.

I would recommend trying Reiki, & if you can find a therapist that combines Bowen & Reiki... well even better.

LUCK Carolyn

9. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Here's what I found about Bowen:

"In 2015 the Australian Government's Department of Health published the results of a review of alternative therapies that sought to determine if any were suitable for being covered by health insurance; Bowen Technique was one of 17 therapies evaluated for which no clear evidence of effectiveness was found.[1] Quackwatch includes "Neuro-Structural Integration Technique (Bowen Therapy)" in its list of "questionable treatments."

10. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. Heleneti

Heleneti Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud screams
      I have no doubts Reiki and Bowen therapy might help. How are you doing today?