Removing Ear Wax

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cassidy, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Cassidy
      Wishful

Cassidy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress Overdrive
      Of course the best thing for ear wax (if you have a problem) is to prevent its building up by applying olive oil drops etc... but if it does build up... would you

1) go for syringing - and risk potentially a perforated eardrum (and potentially increasing tinnitus?)
      2) micro-suction - quick, but loud and potentially increasing tinnitus due to the loud noise.

Any thoughts?

2. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I don't let them use neither the syringe nor suction, I only let them remove wax build ups manually with their tools. No water, no air suction.

3. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I had doctors suction my ears every 4 months as my ears often build up of wax.Ask for the manual method with tools to remove the wax and the use of suction if necessary but only if necessary.If there is some wax near the ear drum they will most likely use a tiny bit of suction as it can be risky using manual tools so close to the ear drum.Nearly every time I went they refused to use tools near the eardrum as it can be painful and there is a risk of perforateing the eardrum.The quick use of suction supposedly eliminates this risk.I did notice notice a while ago an increase in T that I blame on suctioning but unfortunately when wax softeners dont work and its against the eardrum there is really no other option other than suction.Hope this helps

4. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I had my ear wax suctioning and one where he scraped the earwax. It aggravated my tts for a couple of days but no change in t

5. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Ear suction is the reason I sort this forum out as I had it done 3 weeks ago and have had a sudden spike in the volume of my T since, I have become very anxious and scared that this is it and the volume will not go down again!
      Never, never again!:arghh:

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. My T is a high pitched sound now. They suctioned my ears. I don't see the end in site except death

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      That's why I rinse my ear canals daily with soft warm water and soap just like our moms used to clean us when we were kids

I use plugs often and they prevent earwax from flowing outside and wax gets pushed deeper inside

Earwax is water soluble

8. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      I see a lot of posts with earwax build up issues and resulting T from succion - just clean your ears daily like you brush your teeth !, ears are designed to be cleaned by water this wax isn't actually wax at all.

9. strato2009

strato2009 Member

Don't use olive oil.

Locally they sell these kits(and worldwide probably in some form), it's remo-wax
      comes with a small syringe, DIY solution
      http://www.verkkosivuapteekki.fi/We...0AD/6888/0A28/1051/3D25/Remo-Wax_Pumpulla.jpg

works well especially over night or with 1-2 hours soaking

those large syringes they mostly use in hospitals for wax removal are just with too much water pressure AND TOTALLY unnecessary even with lots of buildup. A few ear wax removal solution sessions will take care even of the worst case.
      some say their t got worse after syringing , NOT worth the risk!

10. strato2009

strato2009 Member

I'm sure it will get better in your case, within a month. TOO EARLY TO GET DEPRESSED