Ring Stop Supplement — Scam or Not?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Cassie, May 15, 2018.

1. Cassie

Cassie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Has anyone tried Ring Stop pills? And if so, did they help?

2. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      No, I have not tried them but if they worked, we would likely know about it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cassie

Cassie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm only asking because my ENT said several of her patients use it. Just wondering.

4. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      The name sounds like a scam. Maybe just B-vitamins. I may have tried them in the past I think.

5. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey Cassie, I had a look into them, A 20 day dosage will set you back around $70, and the package says it's only temporary relief (if it even works which I doubt it does).

I don't know much about the ingredients.

Screenshot_20180516-084709.png

6. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      @Cassie, there are no pills to treat tinnitus. You will learn very soon that most tinnitus remedies are basically scams trying to take advantage of suffering people. Save your money, time and hope for a real treatment (hopefully it will happen in our lifetime).

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. Jamie
      Worried

Jamie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1989
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1989 Ear Infection 2015 Coming off Benzo
      Hi All,

I'm just posting here as I've found out that Natural Care are no longer making their 'Ring Stop' supplement.

This is what it looked like.

In saying that, they do have a new one but it is Homeopathic only and doesn't appear to have any of the 'other' ingredients of which there was a big list.

I had been taking the Ring Stop for about 7 years and never through much about it, I often wondered if it was doing anything at all but now that I have stopped taking it, my ears are definitely worse.

I have got hold of the new version but it doesn't seem to do much, I still have a few of the old ones on hand and if I take some of those, my ears definitely settle down.

As you can imagine, this is a bit of a worry as I only have a few left. Life was going OK with good days and bad days but now I'm having trouble focusing on anything.

Does anybody know where you can get the old version 'Ring Stop' from of have any suggestions?

Natural Care say they have modified it to be more Homeopathic by removing all the ingredients that I think may have done something, I've asked if they are going to manufacture the 'other' ingredients in a new supplement but I haven't heard back.

All the best,
      Jamie

8. momus

momus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      There's some on eBay. Very expensive. It is listed as Homeopathic, $200 for 180 tabs plus shipping and tax. If you know what you're looking for, the ad does show the active ingredients. I don't know if its the new stuff or what you had been taking previously. They have a ton of other stuff that is supposed to help. I've never tried any of it, figuring it wouldn't.

I would agree w/ @InfiniteLoop. Nothing I have seen in the last 15-20 years since I got my tinnitus has had a shred of any real scientific basis.