Saffron Cure for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by baskar, Dec 31, 2016.

1. BBApple

BBApple Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus? Noise?
      Tried for 3 days as per OP. No effect whatsoever. I'll give it a week but not really expecting much.

• Like Like x 1
    2. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Its been almost a week and its time for me to tell the results. First off the first day it really felt quieter.

After taking it for 3 days, on the third day I came back home and had my first silence for 5 seconds. Then a peep came back.

Moreover the next day I had a 5 seconds silence too. Sadly, due to IRL problems the following days and at this present the stress that I have created worked counter productive and now Im trying to fix this. At its best Saffron gave me this one very small peep left. Right now its a bit louder because I have ETD. Its horrible that after almost getting myself cured, I get ETD. But I must say, its effects are promising. My T would be gone if I didnt have ETD + IRL Problems.

For those with no succes. Please check whether your milk gets a bit yellowish or whether you could get my Saffron. A Spanish one.

• Like Like x 1
    3. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I have tried too many things to say anything concrete at this point but I will say that people should try this.

• Like Like x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    4. Canador

Canador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The author claims to have taken it for just one week (at least that's how I read it):

5. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      He also said it could take longer for others.

6. Stakovic

Stakovic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Update

It's been one week on it .the hissing has disapeared the tone has been purified but the volume has not been changed.I will continue taking it...

• Like Like x 2
    7. Twitch

Twitch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm no expert
      Agreed. Those of us who have had tinnitus for years will probably need to take it for longer. I have definitely noticed improvement and I am only on day 6. Today however has been a bit of a bad day but I will continue to take it purely for the mood enhancing element.

I usually stir the saffron in milk after a minute or so of it floating on the top. However I have noticed that leaving it floating actually makes it release more of the yellow colour and I think that is what makes it more potent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      5 neck injuries within an 18-month span
      Hi Guys,

I'm lactose-intolerant, in a big way, and can't even drink Lactaid, soy milk, coconut milk or almond milk either.

Has anyone herein had success with using the saffron in hot water, as a tea?

9. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I made tea at first , seemed to have the same effect.

10. Canador

Canador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What was the effect?

11. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I have trialled safron (as advised in this thread) for five days.

Noted a subtle elevation in my mood. Too soon to tell if this helps my t yet.

• Like Like x 2
    12. MomtoGG

MomtoGG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2007 (child diagnosis at age 4yrs)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know. Has neurosensory hearing loss etc.
      Very interesting. Crocin is one of the active ingredient in saffron. There is so much that is not yet understood about phytochemicals and their effects on the nervous & Endocannabinnoid systems.
      http://www.jimmunol.org/content/jimmunol/187/9/4788.full.pdf

Seems there aren't conclusive results from the individual trials of saffron in the forum. Pity there isn't more money available to clinically research non patentable nutraceuticals. It's down to individuals doing their own treatment/ trial & reporting anecdotally.

• Like Like x 1
    13. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Interesting,begs the question whether it is the Safranal, Crocin or Picrocrocin that effects T/Mood.
      Saffron seems to effect GABA as well as being a great antioxidant, wonder what is going on here ?

14. dgray

dgray Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, High Frequency Hearing Loss
      I used saffron for (5) days - morning and evening. I have since switched to only (1) time per/day. I can tell a difference. My tinnitus is not as loud. I wish there was medical data to support this. I will continue to pray for all of the folks suffering from this.

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
    15. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      And ditto to dgrays post ...

• Like Like x 1
    16. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      High quality saffron is very expensive by weight - just throwing in some milk is a waste, this is not the way plant extracts are generally used to best squeeze out the active ingredients.

from one study on GABA

3.2. Preparation of Saffron Solution
      For preparation, 1 g of saffron was dissolved in 5 mL of distilled water in a test tube and was mixed thoroughly by a glass agitator. The total solution was then placed in a Bin-Marie bathroom at 60°C for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes passed, the solution was shacked with a vortex mixer to better dissolve the saffron compound. It was then centrifuged at 3000 rpm for 10 minutes. Afterwards, 2 mL of supernatant was separated by scaled pipette and transferred to other tubes. Saffron-treated groups received intraperitoneal 250 µL suspensions of saffron.

--while this may seem like some extra work you only need to do it once in while and prepare enough for daily usage.

17. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Hmm, so then we need $80 budget to get 4000rpn non-med grade centrifuge with tubes.

However, we are going to have problems injecting this thing, so possibly saffron the in original Iranian/Afghanistan tea style is best? They seem to drink saffron tea for centuries like that

18. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Milk is quite sufficient, for now.

19. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 1
    20. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I would be willing to use vodka for my evening Saffron drink , will stick to milk for the mornings, or even water. :p

21. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    22. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Saffron has really helped me out. Though Im living through stressful and turbulent times which counter its effect to a certain degree that makes it tough for significant change. I definitey recommend Saffron for making your T a little more bearable

Its pretty low at the moment, also quite turbulent. All kinds of tones show up and go. My ETD and RL stress sure isnt helping. T loves me so much it just doesnt want to let go. Never been loved so much in my life.

• Like Like x 1
    23. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Update: I didnt take it for one single day, and it went back to pre Saffron level.
      In other words I'm wrecked.

24. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Hmm, seems like saffron might have some sort of chemical substance that is capable of "numbing" perception of tinnitus in some cases. Guys, ones that saffron helps with their T - was yours noise induced (headphones/earbuds/concert/etc), trauma (concussion, pubch in the ear), stress or otoxic?

P.S.

Which saffron is best, Spanish or Afgan/Iranian ?

25. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Mine is noise induced plus emotional stress

26. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      That sucks , I havent stopped yet , obviously hoping it would have some lasting effect , guess I will keep taking it.
      Hope it does not make it worse if/when I stop ?

Btw, for how long did you take it ? Week ?
      Did you start again , any result if you did ?

27. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Mine was noise induced and Benzo withdrawal.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    28. christinefisher
      Fine

christinefisher Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      So far I can not see a decrease at T levels - to be honest I hear it louder as I tend to focus on it to see if it is quiter or louder and as you all know when you focus it is usually louder.. BUT this thing with saffron made me psychologically better and these days I feel happier.. So I feel less worried also for T.. I had never tried any meds for depression or for sleeping so it is a nice new feeling for me - I admit I am quite depressed this period of my life :(
      Saffron is known for working as a anti depressant.. let's hope it will work for T too maybe in long term ..

• Like Like x 1
    29. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Saffron reduces my T from 8 to 1-0.5 , maybe 1-1.5 when going to sleep. Have occasional annoying T for a few minutes at a time during the day but apart from that , if it would stay like this I would be super, super happy. I have periods where i literally have no T at all. I felt that difference the day after I started and a huge difference it was.

I can hear it if i listen for it but its sooo much different , completely obliterates my head T , which is simply amazing .
      Mornings are about 90% better for me , mornings have always been super brutal .
      Just getting a break like this is unbelievable ! I have had one night where it was a bit bothersome but apart from that its been amazing. Been 2 weeks of consistently low T

Now I am getting a bit stressed about whether to keep taking this forever? Will I build tolerance, will it have lasting effect etc....It could even be worse in the end to be able to experience life like this and have to go back to screaming T.
      Trying to enjoy it while it lasts though :)

My mood is also much better , but who wouldnt be in a great mood with such low T after 4-5 years of screaming T , so..

Keep in mind that I am extremely sensitive to all drugs.

Question to anyone that has tried Benzos for T , would a small tablet in the morning keep the T low for the whole day? I am wondering if Saffron is simply acting like a benzo ?

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 2
    30. christinefisher
      Fine

christinefisher Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      I wish I had some answers :( I am also curious.. I tend to try things and I am afraid I may make it worse in the end ... (n)
      happy though you had at least these days of calm!