Scam?: Reverse My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by VaR, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Dana Pope

Dana Pope Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2007
      Yes, toward the end, it was a hard sales close, something like a "time-share" if you've ever had the pleasure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Goofpod

Goofpod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      Hard sell at the end, indeed. Scammy red flags are all over this thing, and yet it's intriguing. There really is a Dr. James Phillips in the UK who studies nerve system tissue regeneration. Here's his site: jamesphillips d-o-t o-r-g. And, while there's no direct reference to tinnitus (though I'm reading it on my iPhone and may have missed it), there are references to Myelin Sheath research and antibody studies.

Acoustic neuromodulation therapy seems to be a hot topic. I may be wrong, but I believe the prevailing medical theories focus on the brain generating the missing tones and frequencies to make up for the lack of stimulation in those frequency ranges. The random firing of neurons creates the phantom sounds, and disrupting that looping chaos is the focus of conventional tinnitus therapy. That is a very different scientific approach compared to regenerating Myelin Sheath tissue.

However, if damaged nerve tissue in the cochlea is the root cause of the missing stimulation, and repair to that damaged tissue actually is possible, it could potentially be more effective than trying to reprogram the chaotic misfiring of neurons in the brain.

The following statement was made in the pitch so if, in fact, the product is simply another super-healthy lifestyle regimen guide, that's directly false advertising and deception:
      "This program helps to manage tinnitus without enforcing vigorous changes to current life style."

On the other hand, if there really is something to a specific combination/ratio/recipe of nutrients that specifically stimulate Myelin Sheath regeneration, and it has a positive effect on reducing tinnitus symptoms, I'd surely like to know about that. Here's a link to a copy for $12 less @ $27:

http://my-tinnitus-reversal.com/

Can I see a copy of the one ordered already by a member of this forum? I'm willing to take the risk at $27 to see what I get, especially if they'll honor the money back guarantee. But, I figured I'd ask first since it appears someone else here has already taken the plunge.

Here's to blessed silence in any form, at almost any cost.

- Goof

3. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      What is interesting about the following "positive" review where a lovely lady endorses the product with a quote "you will thank me later" is that the title of the youtube video is "reverse my tinnitus scam" - not exactly a great way to sell your (trash) product...

reverse my tinnitus scam

Anyway... here she is again in another (scam) video:

Reverse My Tinnitus Review | $50 DISCOUNT OFF...

and another...

reverse my tinnitus pdf

(and don't forget to cash in your $50-discount because... "you will thank me later", yeah right...).

TRASH.

4. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Reverse-My-Tinnitus has basically invaded the youtube world with their scam/trash/garbage (I could not even count the number of videos there now).

5. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I would also recommend that these types of threads are given their own special place on TinnitusTalk - a section called... hmmm... "scam", perhaps?

To categorize "reverse-my-tinnitus" along with the eg. LLLT and antioxidants is a disgrace, in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Markku I believe it is possible to report "scams" via youtube (see screenshot, below). Do you have any experience/knowledge of this eg. how effective is it in getting videos removed? Does it require a minimum of 10 people reporting something as scam before any action is taken, for instance?

As can be seen from the screenshot below, Reverse-My-Tinnitus is "everywhere" on youtube. Time to clean out the parasites which breed videos like rabbits.

Reverse-My-Tinnitus.png

7. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I think it didn't require more than a few reports to YouTube when some of our members reported a similar scam's videos.

I think there might be an algorithm in play there too, e.g., reports coming from long-time and "trusted" accounts (with no violations etc) who have subscribers and videos posted themselves may carry more weight.

Also what is being reported probably matters as well. If you report a video posted by a famous and very popular YouTube account, it might need way more reports than a video posted by a new account with no history.

Just a hunch.

8. Goofpod

Goofpod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      "Please DO NOT contact us about tinnitus, this is not something we are involved in."

I just found this statement on Dr. James Phillips' website, the one I referenced in a previous post, who's researching nerve tissue regeneration. The statement leads me to believe that they are deflecting questions about tinnitus repeatedly. So, perhaps Mr. Watson has another Dr. James Phillips in mind? Yeah, right.

9. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Thought I would share an E-Mail I sent to this piece of s##t and am still waiting for a reply, I am not really expecting one though!

Dear Mr Alan Watson 17/12/14

I have searched the net trying to confirm your story and I am sorry to say the only thing that I can confirm about
      your story is the “myelin” sheath research that you base this seemingly scam on!

This Dr James Phillips ENT in England that you insist gave you this information does not seem to exist either!

Why are you even charging for this information that you claim will cure Tinnitus in just three weeks?
      If you were indeed a sufferer, you of all people know how debilitating and sheer nightmarish this condition truly is, you would be giving this information freely to as many
      sufferers as you could!
      Don’t get me wrong, I can easily pay the 53$ NZ that this E-Book will cost and not even bat an eyelid if it’s a waste of money, but allot of sufferers wouldn't! and
      it could well be the thing that pushers them over the edge!

The fact that you don’t use PayPal and you threaten that this video could get taken down at any time raises my suspicion even more!

Your response is eagerly anticipated.

Regards Richard, NZ

My guess on this con would go something like this.

This Alan Watson has cottoned on to this Myelin Sheath research from Dr James Phillips. Senior Lecturer in Biomaterials & Tissue Engineering. University College London.(freely available through his website)

I would guess that Dr Phillips has mentioned Tinnitus in his research and obviously made a reference to one of the causes of Tinnitus being by degeneration of this Myelin Sheath.

Well, I think a light bulb went off in Mr Clever's head and bingo! after a little bit of research, and a made up doctor by the name of Dr James Phillips ENT in England, he starts reaping in the bucks!

Most con artists are very very intelligent and have very little conscious.

Shame is all I can say.:mad:

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I have just had a chance to skim over the 93 page PDF file...Reverse my Tinnitus, that a nice member had a link on here for, well, just long enough for me to obtain it.

From what I have seen and heard about Tinnitus Miracle, this Reverse my Tinnitus PDF file is, (I would be willing to bet my house on it) a carbon copy of the exact same diet, exercise, food avoidance and life style change that is contained in Tinnitus Miracle!

I couldn't find any reference to the Myelin Sheath either!

I believe that these pricks are one and the same, just using a whole new advertising angle to sell the same crap!

That rials the hell out of me!

BEWARE THIS IS TINNITUS MIRACLE WITH A FACE LIFT!

You have been warned.

• Informative Informative x 1
    11. Goofpod

Goofpod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      RichL,
      Would you mind sharing that PDF document with me? I trust your judgment that it is the same as Tinnitus Miracle, and more or less a scam. But, I haven't seen tinnitus miracle and I would like to read through this one. Thanks!

12. Goofpod

Goofpod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      Got it, thanks. I'll read through it with caution...

13. I voted SCAM :thankyousign:

14. Inglewood
      Frustrated

Inglewood Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Rich - I was just about to purchase the Alan Watson/Dr. J Phillips pdf when I ran into this forum.....thank goodness! My tinnitus came upon me yesterday like crazy.....I've always had a slight ringing in my ears (ex-rock and roll band member) and now I'm a sound engineer in Nashville.....but even as we speak, (type?) I hear an electrical "buzz" emanating from somewhere in my body......I couldn't sleep last night, and I'm determined to beat this....now, what I've read about the myelin sheath is very interesting.....I personally don't think I get enough B12 OR vitamin D, or, for that matter, drink enough water......PLUS a friend that I work with just did a hearing test on me, and I really have no significant hearing loss (which I was surprised to hear). Would you mind sharing that pdf with me? Also....I will be making an appointment with the ENT at Vanderbilt hospital that I read somewhere is doing great studies in this area.....thanks, Marc

15. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi bro, no problem at all.

I take it you have had Tinnitus for a while and now you have just had an increase?

Most impotently have you been to a doctor and ENT?, Do you know the cause of the increase?

You should cover all base's first even just to eliminate any major problem that might be the cause!

Basically, it is an impossible lifestyle change for most people and for the few who could live like this have allot of time and money on hand to achieve it! and like I said, about all it will achieve for Tinnitus is probably a minute reduction in volume!

From what I have read of this, their does not seem to be any mention of the Myelin Sheath in it either.

So it sounds like this Alan Watson has used that research as an attention grabber for this bullshit!

I was quite interested in this Myelin Sheath research as well and have included a link to a site which tell you the vitamins and supplements that have a direct link to Myelin Sheath health and regeneration.

http://www.evenbetterhealth.com/multiple-sclerosis.php#step2

http://www.livestrong.com/article/270338-foods-that-heal-nerve-damage/

And you don't have to pay me a cent!;)

I'll PM you the PDF.

Regards Rich

16. TerryH

TerryH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      L-1988/R-2003
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure(Left)/Infection(Right)
      One good thing has come out of me receiving an email referral to this tinnitus cure scam, is that I found this forum.

I have had tinnitus in my left ear since 1988 seemingly associated with a high frequency hearing loss. My right ear started in 2003. As the right ear is associated with a low frequency hearing loss, I have different frequencies in my ears. I haven't undertaken any treatment, I'm just living with it. The last E.N.T. I went to in 2004 said I have also have Hydrops (a precursor/cause to Meniere's Disease?). Over the last few months it seems to be getting somewhat worse, sounds echoing more at times and when this occurs some slight nausea.

Anyway, I don't want to take over this thread. I will be having a good read of this entire forum.

Edit: Just saw there is an introduce yourself thread, should have posted most of the above there.

17. Scot Dutchy
      Disappointed

Scot Dutchy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1959
      My wife has bought me the book. I will take a look but when I saw the site immediately I thought this I have heard before.

I have not read it yet but from the comments here there is nothing new in the world.

18. TOMMR

TOMMR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      There is an almost identical scam about a dietary cure for Alzheimers. Don't get caught up in this. Best treatment I've found is the same for neuropathy which involves fairly massive doses of vitamin B12 (you cannot OD on B12 since it is not stored by your body).

19. SheilaD

SheilaD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      My first post. What caught my attention about the video it that Adams claimed he had loss of vision to the point that he could only listen to the radio that somehow picked up the BBC broadcast. But after listening to Dr. Phillips he got on his computer and spent hours doing research.

20. Steven K1217

Steven K1217 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2011
      Alan Watson is a fake!! The image he uses of him and his wife is a picture of me and my wife from about 10 years ago. I am trying to track him down.

21. Franko

Franko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Today.
      There is a lot of talk about being a scam. Have any of you actually try it?

22. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      If you look above you will see that many have read the book, which is very similar to the tinnitus miracle. They use a load of regurgitated materials, picked up from various unreliable sources on the internet and tell you that it is a cure.

I'm afraid that anything that tells you that you will be cured, at this moment in time, is a scam. There is no known cure; eating a few healthy foods and the rest of the generic advice in the book, which is generally poorly researched in terms of efficacy, won't change that.

Seriously? That's insane, was it ripped off a Google image search?

If you do a copyright search the book is not registered (http://www.copyright.gov/records/). If any members have a copy of the tinnitus miracle to compare this to I would be interested to see if it's the same material, if so it will be our old friend Hayim Oshky under a different brand name.

23. Franko

Franko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Today.

I just went through again and can't find any that try the recommended in the book. Would you mind pointing to the posts that many had read it? I find only one, and it was a "skim over the 93 page" kind of read. I am very interested in trying anything out there that would at least alleviate my wife's symptoms.

24. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      "Alan Watson"...

SHAR.1936.327.2.png

...is the same front figure person as with my-tinnitus-solution:

my tinnitus solution Alan Watson

If a new cure backed by breakthrough research had been done as shown below, it would have been registered as a clinical trial. It has not. And if it had, I would know about it...

upload_2015-1-9_22-52-55.png

How can 105,302 people have been cured...

upload_2015-1-9_22-53-40.png

...if it is a secret that...

upload_2015-1-9_22-55-13.png

...you will never have heard about before? Not even your doctor...

upload_2015-1-9_22-56-32.png

If you believe that the book's magic "recipe" will cure you in 14 days, you are - of course - more than welcome to buy it.

• Like Like x 1
    25. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      When you have been around this stuff as long as we have you just know I'm afraid. It only takes a skim to see the identical same product repeated to cash in on desperation. There is nothing proven to cure tinnitus but they make these videos like theres a conspiracy to keep the cure from you.

If you look around here you won't find a single person who reports these books as being of any use common things you'll find said all over the internet. The seller gets a 75% commission so there is a real effort pushed into the marketing to make you think it's widely used and successful.

• Agree Agree x 2
    26. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Franko , If you are that keen to have a look through it, I can PM it to you just give me the word.

Please listen to @attheedgeofscience , @Steve and what I have posted, the diet and change of life style that this con artist Alan Watson harps on about is freely available all over the Net, the Myelin Sheath research that he mentions is real research, but the James Phillips that is the lead researcher has distanced himself from any talk about Tinnitus, that should tell you straight away that Alan Watson is a cunning scammer and people need to steer clear of him, if he even exists!

27. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Franko Also, I have a YouTube channel with sounds to help tinnitus and I have to constantly remove advertising spam for this thing. I took 3 down today from fake accounts created to spam, with these crappy messages and a link to the video (which could be taken down at any time):

Thank you!!! It was definitely a real shocker that after 12 years of tormenting noise in my ears, I was completely free from tinnitus. see this ==>

Thanks for sharing that wonderful program…My Tinnitus had vanished. Gone in a matter of weeks. My hearing is also almost back to normal!

If you would like to learn how to cure your tinnitus permanently ... without drugs, without risky surgery, without any typical Tinnitus treatments, and without any side effects, then this will be ...

They basically spam any YouTube video related to tinnitus with the same message, creating many, many different accounts daily, to get their 75% conversion fee, selling to unsuspecting people. These people take up too much of my time on there and on here, where they constantly try and join to spam a link.

And also, there is no single cause of tinnitus. This theory, even if it were proven and could be fixed by eating some weird foods available at your local grocery store, would only work for a small group of people, who had this as the only contributing factor.

28. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One final thing from me...

I've read the book, I'm highly unimpressed, the key points for me in my book review are:

• This is all based on the theory of the Myelin Sheath, there is not one single mention of the Myelin Sheath in the entire book.
      • There is not one single reference to any research for any of the claims made - it says "natural, safe and proven" but offers not one piece of proof.
      • I already have a diet similar to this - it doesn't help the tinnitus.
      • The assumption of what causes tinnitus is only what causes it for a very tiny subgroup, there is no reference as to why they believe it is everybody that has "decreased blood flow and circulation".
      • Other than a 7 day diet plan there is no real detail on anything else in the book, only fleeting sections that offer no real guidance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. Kevin O

Kevin O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      late 1990's
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Just realized one day it was there. I AM military, so.....
      Hello. I'm new here but have had a very high frequency tone in my ears since the late 1990's which sometimes pulses as blood pulses past my ear. I've read the posts and have a couple of questions.

***RichL, in one post you said you found Dr. Phillips in England, but two lines later said "Allen" made him up. Can you clarify? GoofPad says he found his website. You said Dr. James Phillips distanced himself from anything tinnitus, but couldn't that be because of legal liability? That was mentioned in the video. Also, you posted a couple of links to read about vitamins, etc, that are used to regenerate the myelin sheath. I'm thinking you must have then followed this info and have had some success regenerating the myelin sheath?

Nirvs posted that he'd bought the book, but then asked for a refund oddly on the very same day (Dec 18th), which was approved. Why wasn't it tried first since the guaranteed refund period is 60 days? What is there to lose if we buy the book? If it's a scam or doesn't work we've already seen with Nirvs that they honor the refund guarantee. Steve has the book but has not tried the program. Why in the world not? For tinnitus sufferers I would think anything is worth trying if you already have the program. If he has the book what is there to lose?

***Nirvs, why would you buy the ebook and not try it or be familiar with what's in it, and ask for a refund the very same day? I'm having a hard time following some of the logic here. Maybe just me.

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    30. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Welcome to TT.

You will probably need to "tag" the TT-members (otherwise they will not see your post).

The four members have now been tagged. @Nirvs @RichL @Goofpod @Steve