Screaming Babies

Discussion in 'Support' started by Carlyi, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Carlyi
      Blah

Carlyi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      Hi all,

I don't have noise induced tinnitus. My tinnitus is related to my jaw, that I'm trying really hard to fix at the moment, but since having tinnitus I'm very scared of it getting worse and permanent and therefore I'm very cautious with loud sounds.

I have a 5 month old baby and sometimes she screams so loud that it makes my ear vibrate, it feels like it can't be good for my ears and I always freak out when that happens.

Maybe I'm overreacting but tinnitus is such a horrid thing that really plays with my emotions.

Is it in anyway possible to get noise damage from this?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI @Carlyi

Reading your post made me smile. Whilst I don't envy you at having to endure the screaming of your baby, this is a pleasant time for you. I doubt it will cause you any harm even if you had "noise induced" tinnitus.

All the best
      Michael

• Like Like x 2
    3. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      I work in an environment where babies cry/scream after receiving their vaccines. I have been exposed to this for 25+ years and developed tinnitus 4 years ago. I am considering contacting WCB to determine if my hearing loss is linked to the screaming babies.