Second Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Dose = Tinnitus Hell

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ptr, Jan 7, 2022.

1. ptr

ptr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly loud music
      I'm 28, and I've had tinnitus for quite a few years, but I've mostly blocked it out. It was through taking my hearing for granted during my teen years and listening to music through headphones at 100% volume that likely did it. I've always had low level ringing since then which I only really noticed when I got into bed, but even then it was maybe once or twice a week that I even noticed.

On day 2 post-vaccine, I woke up to ringing in my ears at a volume I've never heard before, and my hearing was noticeably muffled vs what I would normally experience day to day. It is a constant, steady and never ending screech that will occasionally pulsate with my heartbeat and become louder, but ultimately remains at a steady volume. I also have an ear pressure sensation from time to time - it feels like I'm on board a plane and my ears will pop depending on how I move my jaw, or when I swallow. I also have a fairly constant mild headache near the right temple, that just comes and goes at random times throughout the day, alongside sensitivity to light from time to time. I've had migraines in the past, and it feels like I have a constant migraine, but now with horrendous tinnitus.

I went to my doctor who was open-minded to the idea that it could be vaccine induced, however they were taking more of a "congestion" angle and suggested I try decongestants and nasal sprays. I didn't have any noticeable congestion of any kind at the time, but I ultimately gave it a try. I'm not sure whether this is a passing of the symptoms, or all in my head, but the ear pressure/popping sensation has reduced in the last couple of days. Unfortunately, the ear ringing is no different and at the same volume as before. After a second doctors visit, she then suggested I could be having a vestibular migraine - something I have never had in my life, although she's unsure it would cause 24/7 tinnitus to this severity, and would have expected to see some relief after 11 days.

I am now on day 11 post-vaccine, and the tinnitus is still roaring like the first moment the symptoms begun, and I'm starting to lose hope of getting any relief at this stage. I feel constantly disorientated by the noise, and the only relief I have is from listening to music with headphones. I've been taking supplements such as Curcumin, Omega 3, Magnesium and various others, but ultimately nothing has changed.

Does anyone have any experience with a reaction to the vaccine, and possibly seeing any improvement after some period of time?

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. NYCGuy
      Depressed

NYCGuy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck, Jaw or Stress, who knows.
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      Yes! My tinnitus got worse from the COVID-19 vaccine. Ten months later and it’s still at suicide levels.

• Hug Hug x 4
    4. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      DEXAMETHASONE!

You're on the tail end of it working, but 2 weeks isn't 2 months.

I have an emergency supply for this very reason if "when" I get the 2nd shot this occurs.

Anyone with ear damage to the cochlea seems "vulnerable" to a vaccine induced increase in immune mediated damage.

There's some articles finally not getting silenced by the mob of "vaxx is good" which point to autoimmunity developing post-infection or post-vaxx against ACE2 receptors. This is how antibody generation works, but the fact that 5-10% of them could be auto immune against such a sensitive and systemic target is very disturbing.

There's nothing wrong with vaccines where the immune cascade has been studied thoroughly then a risk/benefit applied per patient with age and pre-existing issues taken into account.

This one where the almighty spike protein is hailed as god is absolutely ridiculous. Noone dare study anything that could shed light on negatives (until we're all vaxxed of course :).

At this point, I'd be more comfortable getting omicron with anti-COVID-19 meds, anything that makes antibodies different from the original ACE2 antigen, COVID-19 immunity and less chance of antibody cross-over the more mutated the viral envelope proteins become.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Stacken77
      Wishful

Stacken77 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise (likely headphones & cars), Acoustic trauma did me in
      Are there any scientific articles that one could point to in order to try and convince their ENT to begin treatment with Dexamethasone, in case the vaccine could cause this side effect?
      What could this autoimmunity mean in the long term? Progressively deteriorating hearing?

Genuinely curious.

Wish you well,
      Stacken

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    6. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    7. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding this part.

I'm at the tail-end of a COVID-19 infection and my tinnitus spiked two days ago.

8. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Some antibodies you make to COVID-19 will target healthy ACE2 enzyme/receptors.

Potentially a cause of long COVID-19.

This is regardless of getting vaxxed.

9. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      There's also research suggesting COVID-19 can cross the blood-brain barrier and infect the brain which they suspect causes long COVID-19.

COVID-19 as a Trigger of Brain Autoimmunity

• Funny Funny x 1
    10. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I am now about a month and a half after my first Pfizer jab.

I think the noises are probably the same. Loud humming and pulsing in the right ear and electric tones in the left.

Our only hope I think is that the immunogenic effects of the vaccine wane over time. One immunologist I read speculates this should happen over 6 to 12 months.

Of course this is all new and no-one knows exactly what is going on.

It makes me so angry that these vaccines were just thrust on everybody regardless. No mention of possible side effects when every concoction as strong as these vaccines does have side effects.

This morning on the radio I still hear them pushing out the message to get the boosters. How many poor unfortunate souls will enter tinnitus hell in the next few weeks through this. No-one in the vaccination stations will tell them. It will take a few seconds...

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Exit

Exit Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      So the first jab went completely fine...?

12. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I think at this point no one is looking forward for the 4th dose... or the new "Omicron jab", or whatever greedy pharma companies make up this year.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    14. Hidde

Hidde Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07-2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Try to refrain from using headphones and instead give your ears as much rest as you can tolerate. I know how difficult this can be. Wish you the best!

15. Dejana Cucak

Dejana Cucak Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Postpartum
      @ptr, how are you now? Any improvement with your tinnitus? Hugs ❤️

16. Curadh
      Depressed

Curadh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Depot injection
      @ptr - You should go and have your blood vessels checked with a Doppler test of the Carotid region, if there is pulsing with heart-rate it sounds like it is possibly a complication of problems there - and the vaccines of course are heavily linked (outside of propaganda circles) with clotting and blood vessel damage. It is scary to think we all know someone hurt by them, I personally have lost nearly everything now after 14 months.

• Hug Hug x 1