Sharing My Tinnitus Problem

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by The pizza man, Jan 7, 2018.

1. The pizza man

The pizza man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown vertigo?
      My name is Paul Tamasi I got hit with vertigo in October of 2017. It put me down for 2 weeks. That's when I first noticed my tinnitus. Sometimes when I woke up I had this hissing in my head and ears. It would last for a while but then it would go away. After my Vertigo went away I noticed this problem more and more. I went to my doctors for a follow up on my vertigo and told him about the problem I was having with the hissing in my ears and head.

That's when he told me I have tinnitus. It would come and lasts for days.

Then it would go away for a few days.

Now it seems to happen on a daily basis. I will be fine for a while then the hissing will start. It drives me up the wall. It makes it hard for me to sleep at night. I have a White noise machine with a pillow that has speakers in it. It helps a little.

My doctor scheduled me for an MRI on next Tuesday. I hope there is something that can be done. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the MRI shows.

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I got my tinnitus from vertigo/inner ear infection. Hopefully yours might go away, but mine never did. I also got an MRI and it showed nothing. Your tinnitus is new and most start out with a low hissing tone. Protect your ears and keep stress as low as you can. Tinnitus volume/intensity can increase if the ears are not protected. Tinnitus is unpredictable, so we do our best to protect our ears....

• Like Like x 1
    3. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      Don't forget to use plugs at the MRI, can be very loud.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @The pizza man ,
      Ask your doctor or ENT about taking Betahistine for vertigo.
      Love glynis

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The pizza man

The pizza man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown vertigo?
      Thanks for your response and suggestions fishbone. It sounds like what happened to you happened to me. I never had this problem until I got Vertigo at the end of October last year. My Tinnitus would come and go since then. But it came on strong with a continuations hissing noise for the past 24 hours. I didn't get much sleep last night because of it. I even have a pillow hooked up to a white machine with speakers. But I still got up and got on the computer last night and found this site. I am worried that this hissing may never stop. Does your tinnitus ever stop or is it 24/7? How do you cope with it? I have a feeling my MRI Tuesday will show nothing either. Then I will have to chalk it up to this tinnitus that has no cure. I hear ya about protecting my ears. But keeping my stress level low is impossible. I own a pizza shop.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The pizza man

The pizza man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown vertigo?

7. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Living with tinnitus for some can be a difficulty. I am able to cope because I have dealt with many difficulties in my life and I use those learned lessons and apply it to the tinnitus I have. I would dream to have the beginner/low tone hiss again. i didn't have this forum/board and veteran mentors to mentor me.

IT IS- WHAT IT IS. Life is still livable and enjoyable for me. It does take lots of patience and time to adjust to tinnitus but it is doable :)

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The pizza man

The pizza man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown vertigo?
      Hi fishbone thanks for your response and suggestions. I believe what happened to you happened to me. Since my Vertigo at the end of October my tinnitus would come and go. But it came on strong with a continuous hissing for the past 24 hours. Does your tinnitus last 24/7? How do you cope with your tinnitus? I had a hard time sleeping last night. I even That's when i got up and got on my computer and found this site.
      Thanks for the encouragement. I need it.