Sharp Stabbing Feeling, Like High Pitched Ringing

Discussion in 'Support' started by Henry30, May 5, 2020.

1. Henry30

Henry30 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (possibly noise induced)
      I've had tinnitus for just over 2 months now in my ear. I have multiple sounds including constant buzzing but there's this horrible whistling sound wavering up and down in volume with a sharp very high pitched beeping that's like I'm being repeatedly stabbed in the ear.

Does anyone else have this type of sound? I feel severely depressed because it's so distracting and I can hear it everywhere apart from when I'm in the shower.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      This sounds very similar to what many of us have here. You have to remember that the first months/years are by far the worst. In most cases, it does get better. I feel for you buddy as I remember exactly how I felt when I was in your position. I was scared, depressed, and felt utterly lost. However, fast forward five years and I don’t feel at all like how I did back then. Time is a great healer.

• Like Like x 2
    3. CAgirl

CAgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 M80 Firecrackers
      @Henry30 This is exactly how mine is right now. I’m 2 weeks in after an acoustic trauma. It is so high pitched and shrill that it’s like I’m being stabbed in the ear. Almost painful. I can also hear it everywhere except the shower.

4. tbuzz89

tbuzz89 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Intrusive 03/2020; Very mild 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Power Tools as a trigger, AirPods for the long term damage.
      @Henry30 I’m four months in and have something very similar. Only masked by the shower. I can say that I’ve been having some better days where even though it’s there, it’s milder than it was in the beginning. But I still have moments and days that are still hell level.

Hopefully it all gets better in time.

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. Gordon Steinberg

Gordon Steinberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/25/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very Loud Noise
      I am in the same boat. It almost sounds like the resonance of a wine glass at an extremely high pitch and intensity. It makes me want to drop to my knees honestly. What a nightmare!