Should I Go Back to My Doctor?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shuffle, Mar 2, 2013.

tinnitus forum
    1. Shuffle

Shuffle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heavy Metal & Machinery
      I had my ears syringed after suffering very bad T after a rock concert. It was bad in one ear and not the other. This syringing cleared up the bad ear completely but left a very very mild rining in the other. This disappeared into the back of my mind within an hour and and I didn't hear it for about a month. Then I got a head cold (mid Jan) and it came back, in both ears. Not bad, easily losable in background noise but noticeable when it's quiet. I assumed it might go away, but two months down the line and it's still there. It doesn't bother me day to day but I notice it when it's quiet. I was thinking about it last night and I could hear it over the TV (because it was on my mind!). Should I go back to the GP (it's been 2.5 months) to see if I have more/different wax build up? My ears were completely blocked by it previously!
    2. calin

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      What about calling the doc up and asking his/her opinion. Also, maybe go to a ENT instead of the GP. ???
    3. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Yorkshire, UK
      Tinnitus Since:
      The GP/ENT will be able to see if you have wax straight away so I would just go and let them check.

As you know though syringing can cause tinnitus.