Should I Go Back to the Doctor?

Discussion in 'Support' started by AmberS, Oct 2, 2017.

1. AmberS

AmberS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all-

Back story. I started having ear ringing mid July. My birth control was switched to a generic, and I figured that was the cause (I got it switched back). I went to the doctor, she told me I had fluid in my ears and to take Sudafed.

She also prescribed me Prozac for my anxiety. I came back a week and a half later, and the tinnitus was gone! I was super congested, so she gave me a nose spray. Beginning of August, I notice the tinnitus coming back.

I have mostly learned to deal with it, but now am concerned that it is coming back again.

I am wondering if it is the Prozac? I am taking the Sudafed again, but it hasn't done much.

I do have a "watery" feeling in my ears every once in awhile, like maybe they are trying to drain?

I have a Google problem and have read some scary stuff! I would describe it as a high pitched ringing in both ears.

Nothing heartbeat sounding, expect when my hear rate is elevated, like after exercise, which I feel is normal.

Advice??

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Always get your ears checked if your having problems.
      Love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Aaron44126
      Balanced

Aaron44126 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustachian tube dysfunction (from infection / labyrinthitis)
      Agreed, visit the doctor.

If you feel fluid in your ears, there may be fluid in your ears... It could be related to allergies, inflammation of/around the Eustachian tubes can cause both a middle ear fluid buildup and tinnitus. (I'm not a doctor, though!)