Silence Is Boring!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Kris J, Dec 5, 2017.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I had a very bad cold/flu or something and i was rushed to the hospital. I was close to passing away and I was saved. All of that also led to an inner ear infection, that started it all for me. After that I went to the greatest heavy metal concert and I was a teen and used no ear plugs or protection. 30 years ago, it wasn't so easy to buy those things, anyways.

During the years after that I partied hard, went to clubs, listened to my walkman at full blast, lived the life to the fullest and it caught up with me. I have no regrets honestly, but the tinnitus is the price I paid for it and keep paying each day of my life. There was no TT or education about sound and what it can do to your ears or tinnitus. No one knew.

The folks that have this forum are truly lucky. I wish I had someone to mentor me and teach me, how to not get the LOUD tinnitus I suffer with today :)

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kris J

Kris J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      When I’m in bed at night it’s easily 8/10 like same noise as a house alarm going off on the same street, at first I thought my life was over. At one point I had 6 hours sleep over 3 days and didn’t miss a minute at work, I was so exhausted I was hallucinating badly!

But the good news is I easily get 7 hours sleep a night now, I find that sleeping on my most effected ear actually helps. Breathing techniques definitely help relax me, try using the app “Calm” it has a breathing clock that regulates deep breathing. Hard to do but simply thinking in detail of other things, if I’m so involved in thinking the noise goes to more of a 6/10 and the relief alone of it reducing although still loud relaxes me into falling asleep.

How long have you had T and how did it start?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kris J

Kris J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Mines not to disimilar, while I was at the festival I had a really bad chest infection/flu, that’s drugs and loud music looking back was a huge error. Did you get tinnitus after the metal gig and then continue to listen to loud music? Did it get gradually worse or just start at that high level?

Although it’s a horrible condition, I’m really glad you have no regrets. Even people without T can’t say that! Good for you man!