Spikes from Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Luman, May 21, 2018.

1. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      My tinnitus has stabilized somewhat, but I had a bad spike yesterday and to some degree, it's still with me today. Has anybody else found that anxiety, stress, etc., which I'd been having, causes spikes?

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    2. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      I find my T is always more invasive when I’m anxious. It makes it more difficult to cope with as it’s a double whammy. T changes all the time so try not to worry too much.
      Eve
      @Luman

• Like Like x 2
    3. Mystery Reader

Mystery Reader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still Under Investigation
      @Luman
      I have found this to be the case at times. I know when my anxiety kicks in, the t seems to ramp up. Staying calm is easier said than done, but yes -- I have noticed the correlation. I see that you have four more months of this under your belt than I do. I try to stick with the positive threads and folks on the board, and find the 'Success Stories' thread very inspiring. It takes time to get a handle on this thing. Some of the sound videos I've found on YouTube (waterfall, rainstorm, etc.) have helped me relax on the tough days. Best to you.

Mystery Reader

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. David Dubros

David Dubros Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress and anxiety feed tinnitus and tinnitus causes more stress and anxiety.
      The two are closly connected in the brain.
      If you can destess for at least an hour a day your spikes may decrease.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. Ahat

Ahat Member

Mine does the same. Any time my heart rate starts to rise the tinnitus get louder. It gets louder when I’m stressed, anxious, or annoyed that my kids aren’t listening to me, so I take a few minutes to breathe and the level goes right back down.

• Like Like x 1