Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gordon Brown, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Gordon Brown
      Balanced

Gordon Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1996screw
      I am 70 years old and had tolerable T for 19 years. Then a month ago I developed sciatica. After trying to stretch myself out of it I went to the doc he prescribed and anti-inflammatory drug. I took it for two weeks and then much to my dismay the level of my T increased to the point that I have a difficult time concentrating and sleeping. I spoke to the doc and he said that the drug usually does not have that effect unless it has been used long term. Now I am in a fix for I still have the sciatica and worse tennitus. Seems hopeless but if anyone has any suggestions regarding natural way to reduce the ringing I would be interested. I am fearful of prescription drugs as they are what caused it 19 years ago and then recently exacerbated it. Thanks for your concern and help. Gordon

2. Carlo
      Balanced

Carlo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Gordon, in the past doctor treated my sciatica with Nicetile (acetyl-carnitine) and diathermy, in couple of weeks I was ok. Acetyl-carnitine is used for tinnitus too in some cases, and it's a natural neuroprotector and not a anti-inflammatory drug.
      From my point of view, it's important you go back to sleep. Low dosage of different kinds of drugs can help you, improve the quality of your life reducing anxiety, and then the perception of T. Maybe you could think about these options talking to your doctor.
      Carlo

3. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I'm sorry you are having trouble with sciatica - it's a nasty thing.
      I suffer and I see a chiropractor when it gets bad... Is that an option for you?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gordon Brown
      Balanced

Gordon Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1996screw
      Thank you for your helpful suggestions Carlo. I will discuss them with my doctor. Gordon

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gordon Brown
      Balanced

Gordon Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1996screw
      I appreciate your recommendation to see a chiropractor. In retrospect, I should have tried that option initially.

• Like Like x 1