Tell Me the Truth... Is a Cure Realistic?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Jul 3, 2017.

1. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I think theres a cure in nature somewhere just waiting to be found.

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Well I wish it would buck it’s ideas up!!

3. Leoglobe
      Tolerant

Leoglobe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma
      The truth is that Tinnitus behaves very eradically (moving from bad ear to good ear, changing sounds, moving inside the brain, spiking for no reason..etc) and therefore it makes it hard to employ logic to understand it's exact mechanism.

The main school of thought of what triggers it is hearing loss of course (but again, there are deaf people out there with no Tinnitus so back to my first paragraph)
      Could also be caused by poor posture, diet, neck damage, allergic reaction..etc

The point that I have been trying to make on numerous occasions is this:
      Instead of trying to chase this evil POS down and make sense of it, why not just find an exact spot inside the brain where it hides and burn it out with a laser?....
      Problem solved, regardless of the elusive cause.

We now have the brain mapping technology and scanners tgat can virtually track it in real time, along with laser technology, which is already being used in surgeries for some time.

There is no denying that this cocks*cker is hiding somewhere inside the brain...
      So why not focus all the research efforts into finding the exact spot that is causing (or sustaining it) and take it out via simple 15 minute laser procedure, without damaging anything else?

Then they can go back to trying to figure out it's exact mechanism if they wish, but there will no longer be millions of people desperatelly waiting for the results..they can take as long as they want.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Im not a doctor but that sounds like instant death or brain damage to me.

To me everything is a circuit with the brain being the central command station. Its freaking out (system error message) because our circuit is compromised in some way and its not getting back the im ok im still attached to you message. Either we find a way to trick the brain into believing everything is still ok by bypassing the system, creating a new fake circuit to keep it happy or by restoring the input in an attempt to fix the circuit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma
      Pieces of brain get cut out all the time (tumours, brain injury etc)...it does not mean "instant death".
      Look at all the lobotomies being performed in the 60's...we only use about 5% of our brains anyway.

I'm not saying to start blindly just frying the brain at random, but there HAS to be a small part of it somewhere, that triggers and/or sustains the Tinnitus...call it maladaptive neuroplasticity, call it something else but it is there.

All we have to do is find it and take it out, without disrupting anything else...laser already has the pinpoint precision capability to do so.

Honestly I don't see why this would be so impossible or inconcievable...as far as I'm aware, nobody is even looking into this, which is a big mistake...
      We have the brain mapped out and the technology they wouldn't even dream of some 50 years ago, yet Jose Delgado was able to stop a charging bull in his track via remore linked to it's brain back in 1963!!..
      He was also able to move peoples limbs against their will and induce any feeling from anger to euphoria amongst other things (even back then in pretty much dark ages).
      Just immagine how far we have progressed from then.

Sometimes we need to think outside the box, instead of chasing our tails in 20 different directions.
      The current approach is not working too well...the answer is hidden inside the brain somewhere.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      The term cure maybe too encompassing. I believe within the next 5 years there will be treatment for tinnitus either pharma or viable medical procedure. This will help.

Cure to me is really at the cellular level…what I believe truly at play here. Some have already started down the road of stem cell therapy which shows tremendous promise.

Nerves within the body are one of the biggest mysteries within the medical community. This is pretty clear to me interacting with many neurologists trying to solve the mystery of the nerve damage within my jaw which started as a tooth extraction. Very hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

There maybe some symptomatic treatments for tinnitus. I hope within the next 5 years.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    8. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    9. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I truly appreciate your advice and taking your time to guide me into the right path, I truly appreciate it and I will definitely explore more into, thank you so much, I hope you have a great day, cheers :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    10. ._.

._. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I’ve has tinnitus and slight/mild hearing loss for about a year now, but I’ve been catching wind of a bunch of different organizations researching cures to reverse hearing loss & tinnitus.

What are the main groups that have been making the most progress? Additionally, when will a cure be released to the general public?

In other words, is it okay to be hopeful about something like this?

11. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      Of course you should remain hopeful. Optimism opens up positivity. It's better than thinking life hindering thoughts.

I think there is an answer out there. Be patient!

• Like Like x 1
    12. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Hello, Glad you asked this question to the right people.

The last place you want to get your advice on research is ENT's and audiologist that don't even know hair cells are being regenerated in a clinical setting.

When it comes to hearing loss regeneration it appears Frequency Therapeutics is ahead of the game but Decibel Therapeutics and Otonomy may catch up very soon once they start a trial for cochlear ribbon synapse regeneration as that is more important then hair cells.

Recent research on hearing loss has revealed that hearing loss has far more to do with hair cells losing their synaptic ribbons to auditory nerve fiber connections then death of the hair cell itself.

Hair cells dying isn't the main problem, it's actually hair cells being de-nerved and when a hair cell loses synaptic ribbons it becomes weak and has less signal.

Researchers are already starting to believe that the definition of"mild/moderate hearing loss" already means one has poor/very poor hearing abilities in background noise or music. The whole slight, mild,moderate, severe,profound classification of hearing loss is all centric to the human voice range in quiet, not how the inner ear actually works.

• Winner Winner x 2
    13. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Guinea Pigs Please Apply Now!”