That Drive...

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishbone, Oct 13, 2017.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Guys/gals

hope all is well. As all of you know i am in the trenches with you folks each and every day. My high pitched tinnitus is constant and very loud. It will never go away (at least for me) and i have just accepted it and I still live my life.

I juggle horrible tinnitus + fibromyalgia/arthritis at the same time, so my days are challenging.

The thing is this even with all the loud ringing or horrible muscle pains, i still have that driven outlet in life and do not settle for what tinnitus can do to many of us.

recently i have connected with a few beautiful and intelligent women. I have a date with a gal that i spoke on the phone with. We spoke for close to 3 1/2 hours. My tinnitus did not go away while on the phone, I had to concentrate harder to listen and understand this gal. On top of that she had an accent and it was even harder to listen, but we exchanged compassion for 3-4 hours. This was the first time i talked to this gal on the phone.

My point is this, if you are driven and excited about something, then it can for sure make you not focus or care less about this garbage tinnitus. I am still on a natural high and very excited about the possibilities and dates that i have come my way. I have always said it, distraction is one of the key elements to deal with tinnitus, it will not stop the tinnitus, but it can help us not dwell on it and focus on it. It takes time to get to this stage, but it can be done. I was just like all of you, i had your fears as well.....

This is not a tinnitus cure post, and far from it. It's a post that shows you that love, excitement and other enjoyable habits can possibly distract us from the grind of living with tinnitus and distract us from it.

Tinnitus is a horrible issue and I know how all feel and I deal with it daily. My stance is always to be positive and just give a glimpse of hope to all that are affected by this ordeal. My tinnitus is severe, but I am very driven to live my life, even with this horrible condition :)

I already know what challenges i face with my tinnitus and i am looking at many ways to date this gal (or others) in a safe/non-loud environment. I want to excite her, but at the same time not ruin my ears further. I am giving it a try, I do not know how it will turn out, but trying is important. I am telling tinnitus to go take a hike and doing what I love to do and that will never stop.

I hope I can inspire someone :)

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
    2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Writing such an inspirational and positive post like that @fishbone you'll have no problems impressing your date, as I have a feeling she'll be hanging onto every word that you say.

Wishing you all the best
      Michael

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Onsdag

Onsdag Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe stress
      It's always a pleasure to read your thoughts, it's easy to get stuck to tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1