The Negativity Thread

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hux, Aug 17, 2016.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hux

Hux Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      quote-maybe-this-world-is-another-planet-s-hell-aldous-huxley-90408.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hux

Hux Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      In this forum, administrator or moderator usually erase many post. He/She must be anxious to erase this topic or delete my account.

But as Arthur Schopenhauer said : " All truth passes through three stages: first , it is ridiculed ; second , she receives violent opposition ; third, it is accepted as self-evident "

3. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      Heyyy, today I was thinking about how people used to deal with chronic pain like 2000 years ago when there were no painkillers like there is today, only some herbs or something lol. Do you have any thoughts on this..how did they get on with life you know?

4. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      I'd be lying if I said I knew. I can guess, though.

I can suspect that they didn't survive very long.

Just like today, the disabled back then probably had family units to support them through their pain. Most people would die from serious, painful injuries back then, like snapped femurs, for instance - but in the case that their pain never went away, they either:

A. Continued to be a drain on their tribe/civilization's resources as a bed-bound husk of their former selves, until they died an early age-related death, in pain - contributing nothing to their society due to their disability.

B. Tried to live their life as normal with their disability. This could turn out multiple ways: EX.

1. A human's pain could cause them to die early on in the middle of a hunt or high-danger situation when they either buckled over, disabled by pain, and a lion ate them, OR:

2. A human couldn't hear a snapping twig over their tinnitus, allowing an assassin to sneak up behind them and cut their throat. OR:

3. Pain caused the human to buckle over in a torrential downpour trying to return to camp, making them freeze to death.

C. Sometimes the disabled human might get lucky and struggle hard, surviving long enough to reproduce and pass on their defective genes. This is the only purpose of life - to survive long enough to pass on your genes, and you've "won" in life's eyes. An individual generation of life is meaningless. This is how inferior genes have survived - people just get lucky.

D. Some commit suicide when they realize that there is no hope and that they are a massive drain on their family unit's resources. This is logical in terms of the bigger picture - it prevents the human from living out a long, painful death with no hope, and saves their family/tribe from wasting a lot of resources trying to keep them alive.

People attempting to survive with disabilities face all of these options today, too.

• Funny Funny x 1
    5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I've had T for almost 3 years now, I can cope a little better with the suffering slightly, but even now, I can hardly sit still. I pace the house, walk outside for hours, play tennis on a backboard until I feel sick. My ears feel like they are infected and bleeding 24 7, every noise is worse than being punched in the head, I have a smoke detector in my brain 24 7. Trying to do the simplest task like checking my accounts, paying bills, making sure my car is insured are highly difficult for me. Hell, sitting watching TV without pulling out my hair (literly) the entire time is almost impossible. This is not just a noise, I've never been bothered with a lot of noise, this is screaming screaching, drilling painful sounds that make me feel like I'm always right on the edge of loosing my mind. I'm a hardened sufferer, I can hide it at times but there is not a second in my life that I am not being tortured. Screw my dreams and all the rest of it at this point, I just want to be able to go a couple of hours without being in this hell.

I don't consider myself negative. I was always someone that people wanted to be around, and maybe still am. I have been called out for being negative a lot now that I have T, but hey, for me it's honestly. No amount of sunshine and rainbows will make a difference. I have built a nice life for myself, nice cars, nice home, lots of nice things but none of that matters now, it's al about survival for me. Get up and stumble through the day the best that I can. If this makes me negative then fuck off and don't read my posts. Being labeled as negative because you are disabled by a potentially horrific condition is just the last thing that anyone needs. It's like you can't talk about what this is or can do to a person (if it's bad enough) without some jackass jumping all over you with cliche sayings and some bull shit about being positive. At some point none of that matters, you really aren't processing much in the way of thoughts anymore when you are on auto pilot all day pushing hard to get through.

How about no positive or negative, just be real. I've done very well in life thinking clearly and objectively, for the most part the blind optimists are the ones who get fucked. Something bad happens and they are the first ones to bail on everything and everyone because they can't handle lifes realities. Strange enough, the people who constantly preach positivity always seem to be the weakest and most negative minded.

hows that for negative!!

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hux

Hux Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise

Deep down we all think the same , have the same opposing ideas in our minds , it is classical known as: be or may not be. But it is obvious that we can not play a game of football on both sides, only in one.

7. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

Timothy 2:12

12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      @linearb - I see you continue to engage in your favourite game of always playing the Devil's advocate along with your self-appointed role of 2nd guessing every argument (even the ones you agree with). Question: don't you ever get tired of yourself? Probably not. People with a self-loving personality usually do not. But trust me: those around you may well do. The thing is - and you may not be aware of it - but you are someone who derives his self-identity and sense of worth from an online forum - which - in itself is kind of sad, but, only made worse by the fact that this is a tinnitus forum and hence probably one of the last places regular folks would ever willingly sign-up (unless they had to, that is...).

Now returning to 2nd guessing. 2nd guessing isn't so bad if it is done with a purpose and where the counter argument has some substance to it. In your case, however, you just do it for the hell of it. In fact, most of the time - in relation to topics such as the annoyance of tinnitus - you even silently agree with the original proposition. But you like to throw in your better knowing and wise-old-man style counter arguments in order to "stir the pot" and further inflate your already bloated ego. And probably to practice your online thesaurus as well. No doubt a gourmet delight for your self-loving psyche; your daily free ride in the Internet world. But there is no depth to your line of argument:
      • Well, it doesn't surprise me: agreeing with the preferred outcome of a patient - whether feasible or not - is the easiest thing in the world. All it takes is: to agree! It's like a politician being asked on live TV if he thinks there should be better care for the elderly. Well, answering yes to that is the easiest job in the world (especially if there is no accountability towards balancing the state budget).
      • Okay. Now suppose that was the answer to a question posed by your boss - how well do you think that would be received? Yeah, just give it time boss - someone smarter than you will eventually figure it out: don't worry! How long do you think you would be employed for?

Lastly, could we "please" agree that your tinnitus actually is a problem and bothersome for you (so that you do no have to repeatedly claim otherwise as a means to present counter arguments):

upload_2016-8-19_2-35-53.png

upload_2016-8-19_2-42-18.png

upload_2016-8-19_2-48-35.png

upload_2016-8-19_2-50-59.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    9. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      you are joking right? lol, you dont go out much do ya...

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      You must rewire your brain to love this sound. Who is to say that the sound of a drill is unpleasant...if you say its pleasant, then it will be....make your brain indifferent to it...drill sound, bird chirp, cricket in the night...whats the difference...

11. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      Your posts are always a pleasure to read, and seem like things I would say, if I still had a decent short-term memory.

• Funny Funny x 1
    12. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Well I'm working on it. And not sure about the sounds, some the pitch is painful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      I always enjoy reading your posts man. I know you are suffering way worse than me for example but, you still put your points across in a relatively calm manner and tell it how it is. I think i also keep thinking how it amazing it would be to get up everyday play some tennis then drink/eat/ whatever else you do but then of course thats from my perspective with my t. Sorry if im rambling, its just an observation im making.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. squeek

squeek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise impact/maybe seaborn
      Sheesh you lot. Vaba is making many valid points.

There are so many variations of tinnitus. You're not in Vaba's head and you're not going to know how severe or if his tinnitus is going to behave in the same manner as your's.

Vaba is seeking realities and practicalities not positivities. There are plenty of other positivity threads. I'm sure he visits those too.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hux

Hux Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Yes, but the problem It takes at least a decade to do all the tests and put the medicament for sale. So that find a cure will take the next 100 years.

• Funny Funny x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hux

Hux Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      The hardest part of tinnitus is not know when it will end, and no way out, death is not a viable output option for anybody, because we really know that there on the other side.

Cochlea cells do not regenerate but is modified brain, what kind of crazy to do that, to leave us a constant noise?

• Funny Funny x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hux

Hux Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      correction to the previous comment
      The hardest part of tinnitus is not know when it will end, and no way out, death is not a viable output option for anybody, because we really DO NOT know that there on the other side.

Cochlea cells do not regenerate but is modified brain, what kind of crazy to do that, to leave us a constant noise?

• Funny Funny x 1
    18. Filip

Filip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud earbuds music/ear infection
      Biggest mistake gotta be joining band class never do that. Fuck band they should all die

• Funny Funny x 2
    19. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Thank you for this honest thread.

I want to die.

Bye.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hux

Hux Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      It is a very frightening feeling to be trapped between tinnitus and death , because not is known which the two is worse.

• Funny Funny x 1
    21. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Death is a normal and essential part of life, so to believe it's "bad" you have to believe that on some level life is fundamentally "bad". This seems like a silly belief structure to me, because it would increase suffering and decrease pleasure in life.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    22. Filip

Filip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Also tinnitus I don't feel the same anymore like my confidence went down :l

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hux

Hux Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      It is true, but life is made up of opposites : silence and tinnitus , good and evil , life and death , etc. One good and the other evil , therefore death seems bad as tinnitus. Although death looks like as an possible but false emergency escape route.

• Funny Funny x 1
    24. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      How can this still be called the negativity thread when i am laughing my ass off right now

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. Filip

Filip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Man this year was the worst year I have had. I broke several bones, got in a car accident, spent whole year sleep deprived in order to work than get fired. Also recently getting tinnitus and also losing my eye to a tennis ball like wtf. Biggest thing is not being loved but tinnitus is close up there. Oh also failed bunch of tests which I spent countless times practising

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    26. Oli
      Hurting

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You loose a eye from a tennis ball??!! @Filip

27. Filip

Filip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well I didn't lose it but it got hit right at the eye hard

28. Philip

Philip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection or noise exposure or both
      The negative thread...I love it.

Makes you feel all fuzzy inside reading about people at the end of their tether....

But on a serious note though:

"Hux, The hardest part of tinnitus is not know when it will end".

That says it all for me. The not knowing when it will end...the false nagging hope that it will end is what used to send me round the bend.

I remember when it finally dawned on me that I was in for a life sentence and should count myself lucky it ain't worse.

I got drunk as fuck one night. I was working in another city away from home. Went to a loud nightclub. Even drunk as I was I left early because of the noise.

Now I woke up with tinnitus that so loud i could barely hear people talk.

My tinnitus is usually loud but not with hearing lose or migraines like that day. It was terrifying. It was like how I imagine tinnitus would be for someone who had a bomb go off near them.

After two days It went down to my usual level. I nearly cried I was so happy.

A double negative made a positive I suppose. I am rambling on sorry.

• Like Like x 1
    29. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      nah, disagree. These are all dualisms, which the human mind seems to gravitate towards generating, but they only exist as artifacts of mind. The universe is singular, as far as I can tell, and cares not for "good" or "evil"...

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hux

Hux Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      All I can say is that tinnitus makes me think that the evil in the universe is so big as the darkness of the universe itself, the good has reduced size such as the light that have the universe.