The Problem with Tinnitus...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Red, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      ...If you make a mistake it can ruin you. To have the quiestest tinnitus possible you cannot make mistakes. You have to be omniscient which is just not possible.

How many people already habituated just end up back here again...
      Or get new tones...
      Or get permanently worse tinnitus...

• Agree Agree x 5
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      That's life. We all make mistakes and move on. Your tinnitus is new for you guys, so you are still getting used to it and still very shocked. As time passes by, you do adapt and move forward. It's up to you, if you want to accept it or keep fighting it. Fighting it, does no good. I see no cure coming soon, so why have that negative energy inside.

it takes time to adjust, and it applies to all :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It might be possible to adapt to a constant level of T (provided the volume is not too loud). If it keeps getting louder as a result of accidents, adaptation is more problematic.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My level of tinnitus is 5-10 times louder than that low hiss tone, that most start out with. You either adapt or not live your life. I choose to live my life and live the best life possible. Accidents will happen, life will happen...It all depends on how YOU re-act to them and how you choose to move forward.

I have no luxury of getting a break and my tinnitus fading away or getting lower in volume :) It's chaos 247 and positivity has to exist......

It all comes down to mentality, I have always said this and will always say it.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Most here will see a lot of recovery and/or adjust, but there are some here with some involved physical conditions going on. Physical problems that can extend from the neck into the scull with electrical shock feelings and very high pitched T.

Tinnitus has the widest differences of any condition within a functional and severity index.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. marc 1974 london

marc 1974 london Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      How on earth do you start being positive it’s enough for me right now to leave mrs & 4 kids a sorry note then just disappear

• Hug Hug x 2
    7. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I can speak for myself, when I say this. life has thrown me a monkey wrench since day 1. I never had it easy and then I get hit with tinnitus as a teen. I had no TT to come to and to get advice, so I blasted my walkman, went to concerts, went to great parties and lived this life to the fullest. Now, I have beyond menacing tinnitus that is just plain old ugly. Life has taught me TONS of lessons about either deciding to accept hardships, as they come or just being down about it and not living my life.

My skin is super tough and I carry myself in that manner. Positivity comes from inside, its your willpower to live life, no matter what. I go to the gym and people drop weights, I go to martial arts class with people kicking punching bags..it's all loud. My tinnitus could possibly even get louder. I careless, I will live my life and not have tinnitus live it for me. I am different than most and I have always had that fighting spirit and tinnitus or my 247 body pain from fibromyalgia will NEVER take that away :)

I deal with my pains and my garbage tinnitus/hearing all alone and I am trying to date and find someone to be with me. People that have a family and someone to love them, are very lucky! Count your blessings...... I make no excuses about my life and i accept what has come my and adjust.....

This is how I live, I am not advising anyone, just want you to see from my side and if it helps you wonderful...

I come here, so YOU folks don't damage your ears like I did. I did not know any better and I hope my messages reaches and teaches and help folks protect their ears and hearing!

• Like Like x 6
      • Hug Hug x 2
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am not shocked but I am trying to get used to it. Chronic pain aside, I do think I am better off than some members. I have no intention of killing myself but for a multitude of reasons, I foresee myself living with depression. My mother also struggles with this.

I thank you for your insight but I just do not handle life the same way. I have always lived in fear. It is depressing enough to live with constant noise/pain but it is worse to have it become louder/more painful when you finally start to move on.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @fishbone I understand where you are coming from. I think that you are an outstanding caring person. As difficult as it is for me, I consult a few people with very serious diseases. My new T is getting louder due to 10 of 12 degenerative diseases. I was once very physical with outdoor activities. Now I can't turn my neck or pick up anything over a pound. I can't take medications for all my other very painful conditions. Right now my entire scull is an electrical storm. Sometimes it's a bit less and that's when I post. So forgive me for any bad sentence structure. I know that you can understand that a few of us here can't do much but try to survive.

When I had my first onset of T, it was very loud. It took sometime, but when it dropped to the sound of a loud microwave, I went on with life with no fear and hardly ever thought about it. I can't do this with my loud untreatable high pitch electrical head and neck somatic tinnitus. I know that you can understand that there is some exceptions to living a functional life.

• Hug Hug x 6
    10. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I totally understand, and I have empathy for all people. We do our best in life and that is perfectly ok :)

My comments are not to offend people, I just share the boiler I have been in and how I manage. We all have struggles and all need empathy and understanding. Hope you feel better and all that have difficulties. life is not easy and everyone need support and understanding....

• Like Like x 4
    11. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I am not new to tinnitus, but I have learned from each & every one of you who posted on this thread. I am fairly healthy, always have been, but tinnitus brought me to my knees on many, many occasions. It's been a game changer for me. Sometimes I have the strength, sometimes I don't. People will react differently to this dreadful condition, but the main thing is that we are all here to help one another and as a result, ourselves.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It is very saddening to read that you are in such turmoil, Greg. I also see life right now as simply surviving but I have not lost hope yet that someday I will enjoy life once more. Even when I am just surviving I hold on for the little things like my love for animals and bugs in nature. Or it can even be that taking a more permanent solution is even more frightening.

There isn't a lot of hope when you have something that is degenerative but I will continue thinking of you and hoping that at the very least your doctors will help you find a better way to manage your illnesses.

I was wondering what type of condition that you have that prevents you from lifting over a pound? I don't have any diagnosis for my pain but I also find it painful to lift anything more than a pound.

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Red thank you. I'm just having a bad emotional night. My head had stopped turning into electrical storms, but now it's back. That's hard to deal with. I wish that I could blame that on stress, but it has very little to do with that.

I can still think pretty clear, but then my entire spine is in pain from top to bottom. I also have ruptured disc in lower back, vein disease and dead veins in legs besides a really messed up neck. All my joints in my entire body hurt. What ticks me off is that my education is in this stuff, but I can't solve all my problems. Thank you again.

• Hug Hug x 5
    14. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Greg, I totally understand your situation 100%. I have Fibromylgia and I have pain in my body from head to toe 247. I know how chronic pain feels and it is horrible. So for sure you have my sympathy on this matter, for sure. In regards to the buzzing, head shocks I use to get that because it was side effects..from certain meds.

When I first got fibro, it totally devastated my life and It was hard even getting out of bed, so I understand your pain and hope you feel better..... I can honestly say that I am very familiar with PAIN & positivity, it's an odd couple but they are not leaving me alone :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    15. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What do you do for a living, @fishbone ?

16. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I am not religious @fishbone but if I was I’d say
      “God Bless You my friend!”

• Like Like x 1
    17. ajith

ajith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear trauma
      You nailed it man !

• Like Like x 1
    18. Christophe_85
      Alone

Christophe_85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      Yes we can live in a constant fear of having our T increasing...

But also we cannot live like this everyday, it is so not motivating !

We have to try to live a day-by-day life, without worrying too much, at least try not to worry too much... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      Some people worry so much about their T, once that bus hits them while crossing the street they may wonder why they feared it so much. People keep forgetting T is just a noise. It can't hurt you. The only thing that hurts you is how you make yourself feel about it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    20. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      are you married? kids? just wondering how they are taking this? I am worried about my kids and my actions.

21. marc 1974 london

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      this about sums up where i am

22. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      That's some serious big boy talk for a guy who said his tinnitus is improving.

• Like Like x 1
    23. marc 1974 london

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress

Mmmmm don’t know if it’s just a noise, I drove 25 miles out of London just now with the radio on I heard screaming all the way home, I wouldn’t say that’s easy to deal with I’m on day 4 & it’s getting worse..... I think it’s not A bus maybe but most certainly the worst thing I’ve ever dealt with

• Hug Hug x 3
    24. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      Sure my, hopefully, continued improvement helps but having the mindset that your life is doomed because you have a constant noise in your head certainly doesn't help. I think I would say the same things if my T wasn't improving because I know how the doom-n-gloom mindset works. Hell, I'm well aware that tomorrow my T could be worse.

People on here that poo-poo themselves seem to have trouble with perspective though. They wallow in their current misery and exaggerate how awful their life will now be. It's easy to do, I know, but as I said in other posts you gotta give it TIME. In this day and age of instant gratification, and dopamine highs when someone "likes" your comment 5 mins after you post it, people are just to focused on finding some quick fix for T that doesn't exist.

I had a bad bout of acid reflux that ended a month or two before I got my T. Before I figured out what was giving me issues and corrected it I had awful nights where I couldn't sleep. I went through the same motions. I wallowed in the misery that I will never be able to drink booze again, or eat pizza. I found it hard to eat anything without acid shooting up into my esophagus. Guess what happened though? Time happened. After a couple weeks I was able to tolerate those things a bit more. After more than a month I was back to normal, but now I had the knowledge of what caused it(having a mixed drink every night), so I could be more cognizant of what I'm throwing down my throat. You think a noise in your head that doesn't physically harm you is bad? Try sleeping with a harsh burning in your chest. I can get to sleep fine with T ringing in my head, not so much with a burning in my chest. Maybe you can't sleep well with T, I dunno, people are different. Sorry for the inexplicably long post :p

• Like Like x 1
    25. Philippe79

Philippe79 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June / 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      H.F.H.L.
      I think this is very unlikely. If I got hit by a bus, I doubt I’d be able to wonder anything..

• Like Like x 1
    26. marc 1974 london

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      Agree with that although your brain is naturally wired to go into crisis mode, plus suffering anxiety & stress anyway it piles on top....I doubt there’s many come here not in panic & when your new friend is screaming louder than your kids I think a bit of emotional distress is ok..

• Like Like x 1