Three Years Tinnitus Free

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Roan, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Roan
      Fine

Roan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @Sherri786 , @Karen

I posted here probably about three years ago. Like everyone else, I was suffering with Tinnitus. Had been for a little while.

I wanted to update that I am tinnitus free for three years now. I posted three years ago about a recipe for a shake I found. I do those shakes every single morning. I have added, also, B-vitamin supplements, especially B-5.

While I realize that no everyone's reason for tinnitus is the same, I read everything I could find on the subject, took a hard look at my lifestyle, and decided that an unhealthy immune system and damaged thyroid and abused adrenal system were the most likely culprits of my tinnitus.

I found the shakes that I began using, and currently use, in a book called Tired of Being Tired.

How much like you does that sound? I know, right?!? Sooooo Tired of Being Tired!!!

When I found the book Tired of Being Tired, I stopped everything. I stopped all medications, all stimulants, EVERYTHING. I wanted to be able to determine what actually worked and what did not. I started with the most simple shake in the book I could find. The ingredients, back then, cost me about $75.00. I then incorporated exercise (and lost about 100 pounds), and, over time, vitamins, and then some of the more complicated shakes in the book. I left out all white foods and all grains, as the book suggested. Slowly.

Three years ago, when I posted here, I was uncertain if what I had discovered was an actual remedy. I now know that there is a direct connection to an unhealthy diet, a stressful lifestyle, and tinnitus. I believe it without a doubt.

I realize there is no cure-all for this syndrome. I know first-hand how much tinnitus sucks! I wanted to return and share the name of the book, just in case any information in it can help someone else.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at: my kickasslife101@gmail.com.

Good luck, everyone!

Go with a light heart, and happy expectations!

Blessed be!

Roan

• Like Like x 8
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Can you provide links to what you read?

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Roan

Thank you for returning to Tinnitus Talk to let us know how you're doing, and to recommend the book! I think it is wonderful that you've found that diet may have been the cause of your tinnitus, and that you were able to change your lifestyle, and cure yourself. How wonderful to be tinnitus-free!

We appreciate your sharing this information with us.

Best wishes and thanks,
      Karen

4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection

So happy you've got rid of this hellish condition! A change in diet has helped people before and I am glad you are blessed to have this condition vanish.

I wish you all the best in life and Happy quiet holidays!

5. Vinnitus
      Tired

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Can I ask you how you acquired your Tinnitus? For how long did you have it before it vanished?

Remarkable story! Thanks for sharing.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    6. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      @Roan So glad you came back to share!! A couple of weeks ago, for whatever reason, I re-stumbled on the thread where you posted a lot and then looked you up to see if you were still active here and saw you'd been gone from here for a while. And I smiled and thought, wow, she did get better! Great for her! And now here you are, sharing your info! I will look into it for sure. Thank you sooooooo much!!! :)

• Like Like x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Roan
      Fine

Roan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @Hopeful1 , @Danny Boy , @Vinnitus ......

I Googled everything I could on adrenal fatigue and tinnitus. Like you guys, I had already seen ENT's who did every test there was to do and then threw up their hands and said they didn't know. I had even had hearing tests because one ENT told me that tinnitus was a sign of going deaf. That did not end up being accurate. Thankfully.

Maybe exposure to loud noise as a teenager, but, I mean, all my friends went to the same converts and none of them have tinnitus. Statistically, that theory just didn't hold up for me.

My tinnitus came on what I call suddenly. I woke up early one morning before my family to have coffee and journal and found an ocean roaring in my ears. The ocean remained, followed by a steady multi-level ringing. The first year, I thought I would go insane. Then, I was terrified that I would never have peace and quiet again. You guys know that feeling.

Then I began white noising, and meditating, just to calm my body and Focus on healing.

One day, while visiting relatives in Baton Rouge, I was reading a magazine article that suggested that B5 vitamin deficiency causes tinnitus. Wait. What? Why didn't my doctor say anything about this?

That began my search for a connection between health and tinnitus. Then I ran into the book Tired of Being Tired. And decided just to try. I mean, what did I have to lose?

Then, in the middle of my research, a friend of mine went on disability. I was reading her Xanax pamphlet that came with her prescription, and it literally said Used in the treatment of Tinnitus." Wait. What? A muscle relaxer helps tinnitus? Why?

And I decided I was on the right track. Stress kills. And, life is stress. What I realized and decided is this: people always think of stress as the bad things like a loved one sick or losing a job or being broke. But, to the body, stress is ANYTHING. It's that extra excitement you feel when going on vacation, and that wonderful happy exhaustion after a day at a theme.park. A strainuous exercise routine. All good things, but still stressful to the body.

I decided that my body, for whatever reason, responds to these stresses with a low immune system and tinnitus is a symptom of that.

So now I focus my days in calming my nervous system. I still go to the theme.parks. Going on a cruise next year. But, I tend to my nervous system to make sure it has everything it needs so it can remain calm: plenty of B vitamins. Healthy shakes (all from that book), meditation, stretching, calming music.

If you guys decide to try it, post here and give us an update. Fingers crossed!!!

I am hoping for the best for all of you. I am just a regular person, you know. If I can, anyone can. Like I. Said before, this thing has an origin, an etiology. If it has a beginning, it has an end. Don't give up trying to find it!!

• Like Like x 5
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      What is this shake you mentioned ?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    9. Mark662
      Transparent

Mark662 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1988
      Who is the author of Tired of Being Tired? There's at least two books with the same title

10. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      The same author just published a new book titled "tired of being tired of being tired"

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
    11. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      All neurological diseases are caused by energy disregulation.

Maintaining cell energy flow is the key to solve tinnitus.

fix your mitochondria and restore your health boys

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Mattw89

Mattw89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear problems since child, used to be a flight attendant...
      My diet has been poor and my immune system isn't the best... are you saying that sources of vitamins could be a cure? As for the thyriod, how do you sense if there is an issue? As I'm sure you know Dr's appt are hard to come by these days and I had one last week and wasnt helped at all.
      Matt

13. Joe J

Joe J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tmj
      Mind boggling that you write about a shake that cured your tinnitus yet you don't put the recipe.

Seriously wtf.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Based on his earlier post, I will try to NOT take Gingko Biloba/Tebonin...

16. Joe J

Joe J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tmj
    17. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I haven't. I just found it today, using this forum's search.

• Agree Agree x 1