Tinnitus — Part Deaf After Masturbation?!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ghostkitten666, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Ghostkitten666

Ghostkitten666 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise/ Unknown
      So yes, we are all adults here (for the most part), so I feel at liberty to discuss this.

So yea basically when I had an orgasm today I had a split second tinnitus spike, followed by a loss of many bass sounds. I was not applying pressure or bearing down, anything like that.
      This is not the first time it has happened, but this is probably the most severe incident. The hearing does not improve hours after the masturbation is over.
      For the record, I do not masturbate often, perhaps once every 2 weeks or less.

So, um, what in the world is going on *scared*? I have been having problems with my low frequency hearing recently. Doctors have seen it go up and down in the audiograms. Is this a blood pressure related issue?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. K_Cbus

K_Cbus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11-13-2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acute acoustic trauma
      This happens every time you masturbate? I also have split second tinnitus spike with basic loss of hearing but it recovers shortly after. These events occur randomly for me, as I could just be sitting there reading.
      But yours is permanent? Or how long does it take from your hearing to normalize?

3. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      it's called fleeting tinnitus nothing worry about.

4. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      As our parents warned, doing that will cause blindness. Not sure why they left out the part about going deaf but each generation is more enlightened.

Yes could be blood pressure related, related to elevation in hormones and brain chemistry, a myriad of things. You won't get a solid diagnosis here because each of us are pretty unique with our type of T and/or H.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do or not do moving forward. Btw, the sexual response can elicit a variety of response in individuals including migraine headaches. Another mystery of the universe.

• Informative Informative x 1
    5. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      Doesn't sound like fleeting tinnitus to me FWIW.

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      There is a thread already on masturbation you might like to read but will be a few pages back....lots of love glynis

7. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      If it is blood pressure related issue, I would see a Doctor. As Glynis said there are threads on the matter-

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/men-only-does-masturbating-affect-tinnitus.11706/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/search/1420240/?q=Masturbation&o=relevance

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ghostkitten666

Ghostkitten666 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise/ Unknown
      @K-Cbus

My hearing losses are sometimes permanent, or sometimes resolve in the next day. It is certainly not a split second thing unfortunately. Neither is the tinnitus.
      So it is not a normal response.

Plus, I masturbated a whole lot more in the past with no problems with my ears or nervous system. So this is something new and strange.

9. wags
      Wishful

wags Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trama
      This is what I'm thinking too.

@Ghostkitten666 As embarrassing as it might be, I would second talking to a doctor about this. The only really close thing I can think of is pulsate tinnitus and fleeting tinnitus, both which are generally physiological and beyond inner ear damage.

Have you had blood pressure issues in the past?

10. Joe Wilber
      Curious

Joe Wilber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It might have something to do with the way you think when you orgasm. If your thoughts and feeling during masturbation are very intense, your body might release more hormones or increase blood pressure or something like that, which could be the cause of this. Personally, I only experience this, as well as affects to the vision sometimes, when I orgasm in the shower. I have a very different attitude and way of thinking inside vs outside the shower. It does not happen outside the shower at all.

For me, the loss of bass during this time happens for a minute or two, and strong vision effects only occur when standing (blood rush probably).

(Unfortunately no one will read this who isn't specifically looking for the reason behind their temporary loss of bass sounds.)

11. Sam Marksmen
      Confused

Sam Marksmen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meds
      I've noticed this after orgasms. Yesterday I had one and my ears still ringing. Last time an orgasm seemed to increase my baseline.

This didn't happen a month ago. Something recently has changed. I can't have sex as a result of this and it's very disturbing.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

12. AnthonyMcDonald
      Confused

AnthonyMcDonald Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Most likely spiking activity in the sympathetic nervous system. I had the same thing too. Stopped for me though. Nothing understood or doable about it, though.

• Hug Hug x 1