Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Has Turned Into Chronic Ear Pain

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lesky, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Kane Moffat
      Badass

Kane Moffat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Anyone know how @Lesky is doing?

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. Karel
      Tired

Karel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I came across this thread a while ago, wondered the same thing...

He last posted in this thread in February 2013, but last logged in on this site in February 2015 apparently... not sure what that means.

Grim story anyway, even for this site. Hope that he's ok and just doesn't come here anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      Lesky is still kicking. He said a couple months ago he will never give up. He is still in very bad condition, as far as I am aware. He developed chronic headaches in addition to the problems he had already.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. xyz
      Alienated

xyz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 mild T 2019 T worsening H onset
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown / probably noise induced
      Hi @Lesky, glad to see you are still around. Hope your pain hyperacusis has improved? You created this thread nearly ten years ago.

• Agree Agree x 4
    5. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Would be great to hear how you are doing now, @Lesky.

Good to see you didn't succumb to your suicidal thoughts!

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. gameover

gameover Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise+sinus
      Per his profile, @Lesky last visited in March this year.

Unbelievable what he has endured. I thought @Brian Newman is one of the worst cases (surely is), but @Lesky has been in true hell for so long it defies belief.

7. Brian Newman

Brian Newman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting/loud noise
      Yeah, I remember reading his posts when I had just got tinnitus and loudness hyperacusis. It shook me to the bone. Hopefully he’s doing ok. It seems a lot of catastrophic cases end up having to move and find a super quiet place, they see minimal improvement, only enough to survive and just live the best they can. Most people are terrified of living like a severe noxacusis person and staying home most of the time, but it sure beats severe pain 24/7. If I get that little improvement and get stabilized thanks to being homebound, I will rarely go on any forums again, maybe just to check up and see how everyone’s doing and if there’s any research updates.

I was talking to Tom Maholchic last year. He’s still dealing with it 9 years later, and remains a severe case. He’s still home most of the time but has learned to live a quiet life and stay out of pain the best he can. That’s definitely my goal. Yeah, I will be depressed and unhappy but I will survive, and that’s all that matters. I hope @Lesky is in this situation, and he most likely is.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. gameover

gameover Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise+sinus
      I continue to be in awe of your strength, despite the horrendous condition. This is amazing. While I wish you get meaningfully better, I also wish that you never lose that strength.

Me, with severe tinnitus (catastrophic at times, but tends to recede still), moderate loudness hyperacusis and still very occasional warmth/burning sensation in my ears, I am contemplating giving up. You would probably tell me - and rightly so - you would be almost like in heaven if you were in my shoes.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. Brian Newman

Brian Newman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting/loud noise
      Well hang in there. I hope for better days for the both of us. Nobody should be dealing with this stuff it’s horrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. SoupDragon

SoupDragon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure, virus, sinus infection
      I hope this guy is still around. Although my case hasn't been going on nearly as long as his, it sounds identical in nature. I'm acutely su*cidal because of it. It would be reassuring to know I may survive this even if my life continues to be hell.

My only difference is that the subsequent noises after my initial noise exposure were all caused by other people. Makes it difficult not to become a total misanthrope.

• Hug Hug x 4
    11. AverageJoe12

AverageJoe12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A night club in Feb ‘23, drummer since 15 years old
      How long has hyperacusis been debilitating for you? Do you know how it began?

Have you tried any medication for anxiety? That's the only thing allowing me to hold on while this thing takes its course. Hopefully the passage of time will benefit some of us newer cases.